“Everything was perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Auburn
Pataskala, Ohio
“Everything was perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very clean!! Great helpful and friendly Staff Close to restaurants, attractions and shopping. Loved the microwave popcorn, coffee and tea in our room everyday. Plus a full hot breakfast every morning!! Great place to stay!!! Made our car show experience exceptional!

Room Tip: we only stayed on the ground floor but we were very happy with our room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was not my first stay at Holiday Inn Auburn, however, this stay was not quite the same pleasant experience as the last,
While we were en-route, we realized we were not going to be able to make it to the hotel before 6:00 PM, so we called to let them know we would arrive by 8:00, and to ask if they needed a credit card to secure the room. The person with whom we spoke was very pleasant and told us that they would hold the room until we arrived.
However, when I arrived at the hotel and told the desk clerk the name on the reservation, she said there is no reservation under that name. I went through three different names in an attempt to locate the reservation. Finally, she said, "What was the first name you said ?" When I told her the name...again...she suddenly remembered and said that she had cancelled the reservation because it was not secured with a credit card. I advised her that we had called ahead and that we were told the reservation would be held. She got a bit snippy and told me it shouldn't have been held without a credit card to secure it. She criticized the employee who had booked the reservation and mumbled that she had worked in another hotel so " I know how these things should be done" Oh my ....
I finally got to my room, and when I walked in there was an overpowering aroma of cigarette smoke, it was very strong. Although HI Auburn is a non smoking campus, I am well aware that some guests smoke anyway, and I assumed that was what happened, so i. When I went to the lobby, I asked the same desk clerk if they had an ionizer or an odor eliminator to rid the room of the smoky odor. She said she would spray it with air freshener before I returned to the room. When I got back an hour later and went to my room, I was met with an overpowering aroma of cigarette smoke...clearly she had not sprayed the room at all. By morning, I had a horrible headache from the smoke, so I wasn't too happy.
But, in fairness, my room, as well as all common areas of the hotel and grounds were very clean, and very well maintained. The room was very well appointed, and the bed was comfortable, and they had relatively new, upgraded furnishings. The bathroom had great water pressure and what seemed to be an endless supply of hot water (~Smiles~I know because I kept taking hot showers all night in an attempt to stave off nasal congestion caused by the cigarette smoke) So basically, the hotel itself was amazing, and even though my check in was an unpleasant experience, based on my previous stay, I know that the staff is typically extremely accommodating, professional, and very personable.
Therefore, I will end by stating that I would still HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to family, friends, and tripadvisor readers, and I will definitely stay at Holiday Inn Auburn the next time I am in the area...I can say with honesty that Holiday Inn Auburn is one of the nicest, if not THE NICEST, value priced hotels in which I have ever been a guest ! Kudos to the management for a job well done !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Karen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your comments about the hotel. I want to apologize that your room smelled like smoke when you entered. Yes we are a nonsmoking hotel but some guests choose not to follow this policy and smoke in the rooms. Thank you for leaving the comments on your chcek in experience. As the General Manager overseeing this hotel, I need to know when our services do not meet our guest expectations. Please be assured that I have addressed this situation with the desk clerks involved and that corrective measures are in place to prevent such occurrences in the future. Thank you for all your positive comments about the hotel it is greatly appreciated by the employees and myself included. We look forward seeing you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Auburn IN for your lodging needs.
Karen Skiles
auburn,Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Excellent. Super great staff and management. Could not have anticipated better.

Our situation was dire but their compassion and friendliness helped us survive the month of June.
Our insurance company put us in the Holiday Inn Express in Auburn IN. after out house fire on 5/26/2013.We had our golden retriever with us the entire month. The staff and management were kind, courteous, and sympathetic to the trauma were experiencing.

Our room was always spotless along with the rest of the hotel at all times.

Thank you to this whole group for making this time a little more tolerable.

Gerald and Carman Brady

Room Tip: We were on the north side close to rear exit. quiet for a ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of the great compliments that you gave the hotel. It is greatly appreciated by the employees as well as myself. The entire staff really enjoyed have you and your wife at the hotel. They all enjoyed getting to know a little bit about you and your family. I am glad that we could be so helpful and accomodating in a stressful time im your life.
Karen Skiles
Sheboygan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights and walls are paper thin-slept very little, did not feel rested; expected much more from Holiday Inn. While the room was clean, the noise us awful-Would never stay at an HI ever again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Kelly R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ambient noise levels of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jenison, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

In my stays with Holiday Inn I have learned that Platinum Status means absolutely nothing. Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and made reservations for our entire basketball group, if you stay here, do not move the furniture "Disgusting is the only word for what you will find" and plan on eating elsewhere for breakfast, especially if they are near booked capacity. One of our boys left his computer in a room and when he went to retrieve it we where charged for another full day just because he activated the room with his key. It was prebooked and paid for 1 Night only, would they waive the charge NO, would they return emails NO, would the platinum card members line return emails NOT AS YET (3 weeks) the Air Conditioning would not operate in 4 of our rooms, the remedy: Tell people the air doesn't kick on until it gets warmer (Outdoor Temp was 84, inside was 86), also very noisy and paper thin walls. Now I know why I love Marriott Hotels and the membership program so so much better.

Room Tip: If your forced to stay here be sure to book the top floor or you'll hear everything above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Randy M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is unfortunate service issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at our hotel. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here one night on business and it was a great stay except that they allow pets here, and I'm not a dog lover. There was a dog (and owner) in the work out room, and the dog barked at me when I came in and owner had to shush it a few times. I vote for no dogs. Other than than, this hotel clearly met HIE standards. The work out room was clean and had operational equipment and TV and was a good work out temperature. The breakfast area clean and had all the usual HIE breakfast choices including fresh fruit. Rooms were clean, public areas clean and fresh, check in easy and staff were friendly. Would recommend. Will stay here again if business brings me to this area.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and it was great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We go to Auburn at least once a year to visit family. This Holiday Inn Express is the best hotel in the area. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. The air conditioner is fairly quiet. The continental breakfast is above average (with the yummy cinnamon rolls). And while we didn't use the pool for this visit, we have enjoyed it in the past. We arrived early this time and were able to check-in, which was greatly appreciated. Until further notice I don't plan to shop around when looking for hotels in Auburn. I will always book this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr? Share your experiences!