“Dirty, Platinum Member means nothing” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Auburn
Jenison, Michigan
“Dirty, Platinum Member means nothing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

In my stays with Holiday Inn I have learned that Platinum Status means absolutely nothing. Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and made reservations for our entire basketball group, if you stay here, do not move the furniture "Disgusting is the only word for what you will find" and plan on eating elsewhere for breakfast, especially if they are near booked capacity. One of our boys left his computer in a room and when he went to retrieve it we where charged for another full day just because he activated the room with his key. It was prebooked and paid for 1 Night only, would they waive the charge NO, would they return emails NO, would the platinum card members line return emails NOT AS YET (3 weeks) the Air Conditioning would not operate in 4 of our rooms, the remedy: Tell people the air doesn't kick on until it gets warmer (Outdoor Temp was 84, inside was 86), also very noisy and paper thin walls. Now I know why I love Marriott Hotels and the membership program so so much better.

Room Tip: If your forced to stay here be sure to book the top floor or you'll hear everything above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Randy M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is unfortunate service issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at our hotel. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here one night on business and it was a great stay except that they allow pets here, and I'm not a dog lover. There was a dog (and owner) in the work out room, and the dog barked at me when I came in and owner had to shush it a few times. I vote for no dogs. Other than than, this hotel clearly met HIE standards. The work out room was clean and had operational equipment and TV and was a good work out temperature. The breakfast area clean and had all the usual HIE breakfast choices including fresh fruit. Rooms were clean, public areas clean and fresh, check in easy and staff were friendly. Would recommend. Will stay here again if business brings me to this area.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and it was great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We go to Auburn at least once a year to visit family. This Holiday Inn Express is the best hotel in the area. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. The air conditioner is fairly quiet. The continental breakfast is above average (with the yummy cinnamon rolls). And while we didn't use the pool for this visit, we have enjoyed it in the past. We arrived early this time and were able to check-in, which was greatly appreciated. Until further notice I don't plan to shop around when looking for hotels in Auburn. I will always book this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Absolutely couldn't have chosen a better hotel, or asked for a more accommodating staff ! I arrived at Holiday Inn Auburn at 10:30 AM. I had been on the road for hours, I was exhausted, and I had a migraine. I asked if I could check in, and come back to my room after the listed check in time of 3:00. The desk clerk was professional, yet very personable; she noticed that I was tired and she graciously offered me an early check in so I could rest. I paid with cash and she didn't have sufficient change....I advised her that I could just pick it up when I checked out the following morning...instead, she had another employee make a special trip to the bank, and then she hand delivered my change to me within minutes. Very impressive !
The building and common areas are attractive and well maintained, my room was well appointed, immaculate, and oh so very comfortable !!!
Holiday Inn Auburn and its employees deserve recognition for their level of excellence !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Carlisle, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently stayed here for a business trip and was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast was great and the property is very well maintained. I travel extensively with my job, so spend a lot of time in hotel rooms. This property thoroughly impressed me! I will definitely stay here again when traveling to Auburn and would recommend it to family, friends and business associates!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Havre de Grace
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel for the past 8 or 9 years during the ACD Festival and have always been treated with friendly courtesy, accommodations have always been great, staff is friendly and treat guests like family. I would highly recommend staying here. Staff goes out of their way to assist with directions, finding dry cleaners, eateries, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great experience. Adam Day was awesome. He is a true hotel wizard. His skills are beyond reproach. I asked him which were the best fast food restaurants and he sent me to mcdonalds. The happy meals were excellent. Thank you for the great stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#5 of 8 in Auburn
4.0 of 5 stars 50 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Wayne
Ramada Angola/Fremont Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr? Share your experiences!