“Relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn At Windmere

Inn At Windmere
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
Inn At Windmere
You added Inn At Windmere to your Saves list
2077 County Road 40, Auburn, IN 46706   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Huntington, Indiana
“Relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had a wonderful experience. Hospitality was wonderful. The house was immaculate and the accomodations were very inviting. Warm and cozy. We would definately try it again in the summer.
Breakfast was wonderful too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I attended a scrapbooking retreat at this beautiful bed and breakfast. The hosts, Paul and Susie, and their family provided top-notch hospitality and made me feel very welcomed. The food was yummy! The extra touches were nice: very thick towels in the bathrooms, help bringing in and taking out our many bags, and snacks like "Amish popcorn." It snowed while we were there, and Paul took the time to clear the snow from all of our cars. We have already booked our next retreat. I am ready (even though I was just there this past weekend!)!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our local team for Lia Sophia had a retreat at the Inn At Windmere. I had no expectations for what the place would be like. I was blown away by the room, the hospitality and the beautiful setting just outside Auburn, IN. The food was delicious. The jet tub and heated tile in the bathroom were both a luxury I enjoyed. Sitting by the fireplace and looking out the big picture windows was so relaxing. The remote controlled fireplace in my suite was just as relaxing. I never knew this place existed so close to home and yet felt like I was far away at a spa. I will definitely look forward to going back sometime in the future as well as share this little bit of heaven with others.

Thank you for your hospitality Inn At Windmere.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on the first level. It has it's own fireplace and master bath setup with a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Had a wonderful time in a beautiful and convenient local for our group of crafters to meet for a relaxing weekend. Beautiful setting, wonderful hospitality and awesome location made for a perfect weekend. Owners were kind considerate and helpful every step of the way. Very flexible and accommodating for our group. Have already booked for next year and can't wait to return

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
South Bend, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our group of 8 Second Timers spent an Enneagram weekend at The Inn. The very large gathering room with comfortable chairs and couches was perfect for listening and conversation and meditation. As a bed and breakfast, great beds and tasty breakfasts of blueberry pancakes, waffles with butter and maple syrup, with sides of eggs scrambled and over easy, sausages and crisp bacon, and home fries. The coffee is on throughout the day (and evening). After a catered Italian dinner there was ping pong, treadmill, walking along the country road under a full moon (when we were there), and a movie in the gathering room. Great place.

Room Tip: The suite with the king bed and jacuzzi is a peaceful, comfortable room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This weekend I had the opportunity to stay at the Inn at Windmere. It far exceeded my expectations. I went with a group of 5 other women to scrapbook for the weekend. The service was impeccable. Paul and Susie, the owners, went out of their way to make our stay exceptional. The Bed and Breakfast was beautifully decorated and perfectly clean. Although the location is close to the expressway, the property is very quiet and has a country feel, great for relaxing. I was able to indulge with a massage and facial over the weekend. The grounds are beautiful- perfect for a walk, or sitting on the porch and reading. The food was amazing and the prices were reasonable.
If you are a scrapbooker or a quilter, the space provider for that is very nice with great lighting and ample room to work. I definitely will return again- with my friends to scrapbook, and hopefully for a date with my husband. Susie and Paul really do think of everything! I can't think of anything negative to say about this stay! It really was perfect!

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the Windmere Suite, but some friends did. It has a large tub for two, it's...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed the evening of August 3rd, 2013. Try as I might, I found it impossible to find fault with the Inn. Martha Stewart could take lessons in housekeeping from Susie Rexroth. Hospitality, accommodations (we took the suite), cleanliness, breakfast, prices, all were above reproach. Our bathroom looked like no one had ever used it before. My only 2 nitpicks: It's a historic property from 1904, but the Rexroths have remodeled the place in the name of modern convenience and comfort, but lost the quirky charm that other older properties exude. The other minus is that it's located in a rather charmless subdivision that was obviously carved out of family farms. That said, I highly recommend the Inn art Windmere for anyone looking for a short stay, or living in the Christian lifestyle.

Room Tip: Try the Sunrise Suite. At $125/night a real bargain. You'd pay close to $1,000 for a suite this...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Comfort Suites Auburn
Comfort Suites Auburn
#5 of 8 in Auburn
4.0 of 5 stars 50 reviews

Been to Inn At Windmere? Share your experiences!