“Delicious breakfast, excellent service and great prices” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 55 Restaurants in Angola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
“Delicious breakfast, excellent service and great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Bob Evans in Angola, IN for breakfast on the morning of Mother's Day (2013). Although there was a big crowd like two other places we tried, the wait time was only a few minutes and we snacked on cinnamon rolls we bought at the cashier counter by the door while waiting. All staff was warm and friendly. Our server was especially nice and gave prompt, excellent service. Coffee was terrific, and our own pot was placed on our table. We loved the menu. Excellent array of choices and good combos. Gravy that came with biscuit was about best I've tasted, and biscuit was delicious too. Very good bacon as well. My eggs were perfect. I tasted my husband's big dish of oatmeal and it was very yummy. He had a strawberry parfait (with yogurt) and fruit was very fresh and tasty. Very nice stop on a road trip and excellent overall value for the money.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, IL
“Okay food, but not up to Bob Evans standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

When compared to other family restaurants, this one gets an average rating. However, when compared to other Bob Evans, it rates poorly. Food was decent, but not great. Prices are reasonable. The two big negatives, the smells wafting from the kitchen were not very appetizing. And service was poor. Our server seemed more interested in her agenda and timetable than ours (her nametag said "carryout specialist" so perhaps she doesn't understand table service). We had a party of 8 with four young kids and before we had our coats off and were seated she was asking for drink orders. Then again after being seated about 90 seconds, she was asking for dinner orders. She even stopped me on the way to taking my five-year old nephew to the bathroom and suggested I order first. I almost called over the manager to ask for a different server after that.

Perhaps it was just our server and the location of our table in proximity to the kitchen, but we will not go back to this Bob Evans the next time we're in the area. We'll choose the Applebee's next door or one of the many other family restaurant choices in the area.

Visited January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The facility is dated and should be remodeled. The dishes had dried food on them. Go to the golden arches

Visited November 2012
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Everyone happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Guess we'd never been to the Bob Evans at home...discovered this place hear our hotel and found a new favorite. There was something for everyone in our family...the kids menu is the largest I've ever seen. Very accommodating to special requests and friendly staff. We visited several times during our short stay in Coldwater.
On our first trip, there was something happenning in the kitchen, our waitress came and apologized for the delay stating that there were 2 new cooks and the manager was stepping in to help out...we did wait quite a while for our food that night, but when it came it was all hot and accurate. A small discount or dessert would have been appreciated, but not a huge deal.

Visited July 2012
Seymour, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bob Evans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Food was great,staff was very friendly.The only drawback was service was slow.

Visited June 2012

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bob Evans, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.