“Great Casino” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Horse Tracks, Amusement
indiana
“Great Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Friendly Staff..Lots of newer slots..Small but decent buffet..Super Horse Track..Free valet service or a shuttle bus is available if you need it..

Visited April 2013

Plainfield, Indiana
28 attraction reviews
“Looking for Excitement? Fun? a Great Night Out? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I wrote a review on this property back in November. Well, last night I decided to go ahead and see if maybe someone in management had possibly read anything anyone posts. I guess not. It is still a substandard dive. How this place has won awards that they brag about, I will never know. I will rehash my last review, but update it a bit..My conclusions are NOT weighted on play, they are weighted on the "fun" factor..

The casino:

- The employees are STILL very unfriendly. They are not friendly, they don't act/react/.... do anything! There is no smiles here. Service they get a HUGE ZERO.. If someone is providing me a service of taking my money, the least they can do is smile.
-It is spacious, that being said, it seems like they are trying to jam too much into an area that could be just a little more spread out.
-It *IS* a smoking casino and the air handlers are not up to the challenge of keeping with the exchange rate. (Shortly put, you will smell of smoke when you leave.)
-There is NO LIVE blackjack, roulette, or poker. Instead it is all video driven with people standing behind the BJ table. Why? I have NO IDEA. It doesn't help the game any. Especially when the "dealers" have no excitement.
- Slot service was slow (on Weekday evening(s)). There was few people and even fewer attendants.
-(This one is for more serious players:) The direct mail offers are garbage. After being in other casinos player programs, this one stinks. The offers are not good based off play. You can't "cash in" your points either. You can only use them for junk at the gift shop or a meal.

Odds N Ends:

Drive: It's northeast of Indianapolis by about 35 minutes, depending on traffic and awful construction on I-69.
Parking Lot: Well lit, good security, offers free valet.

In a nutshell, there are only 2 gaming options for Indianapolis... I would recommend Grand over this one. It's closer to downtown and people are nicer.

Visited April 2013
Greenfield, Indiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Hoosier Park is nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

When I say nasty, I mean nasty. Granted, I've played there a lot. As a matter of fact I'd hit several jackpots there and am an Elite Status member. Now the bad: First of all the facility is drab, dirty, and all around depressing. Second, the staff is horrible. They all look mad and are never friendly. I've got a "host" that came and spoke to me 1 time. Their comps are pretty bad. You can drop 2k a week and get $40/wk freeplay. Seriously its that bad. Third, the bartenders are horribly rude. In particular a guy named David. He actually came over and started yelling at me. Look there are plenty of gaming options in and around the state. I suggest you head to another spot. Even if you lose, you'll at least be treated well.

Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awful gaming experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Ok just to reconfirm my orginial posting, this place is tight tight tight. From the highrollerrm to electronic blackjack to playing on at slots stay away. Machines are hungry and they will take u for a killing. On the electronic bj table constantly drawing 12's and 13's dealer never busts on bust cards, you can side bet on blackjack table, but only to loose more money. Awe, it sucks. This place has really went down hill. Stop investing at this place if you go. I know that iam backing away...from here...got to be a better casino elsewhere Gaming commision should invest throughly here. You win nothing i mean nothing. Don't play here, seriously. We eat ate deli, try there chili it's affordable and really good. If you eat at buffet eat at ur own risk, we ate there and got food posioning. Not kidding. If you go, go and eat at deli DONT PLay trust me. YOu've been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Visited March 2013
“Its a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This casino is horrible and 1 of the worst casinos I have ever been to... they say loosest slots but they are the tightest slot I have ever played!!! Is almost like they have it like if they lose money they can tighten the machines to get their money back.