“Quirky but good....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Quirky but good....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in at the recommendation of a local hotel. Very small place. I seated myself and figured out I needed to go into the other room and place my order at the cooks window when the server taking care of guests around me didn't speak to me. Once I figured that out, things improved.
I ordered a glass of chianti, baked ziti and the bruschetta. The portions were very large (2 could easily share) and quite tasty. The bread was fresh and the sauce on the ziti hot and cheesy.
A couple at the next table had a salad and pizza that also looked very good. They did a brisk carry out business as I ate dinner.
They do have an outdoor dining area which should be delightful in warm weather. This place is very 'rustic' and tight on space but certainly worth seeking out if you are in the Anderson area and want to dine at a locally owned establishment.
The lack of attention after I arrived brought my rating down. The server was doing double duty in the kitchen but could have acknowledged me and let me know I needed to place my order in the next room. Never the less, I will visit this little bistro again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good Pasta, Unique Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This restaurant is inside a converted house. We were seated outside in the garage. Needless to say, the atmosphere was a bit unusual, but interesting. I enjoyed the baked ziti with cheese. The bread was excellent.

• Visited August 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Really, really, really, really damn good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Ate here three days in a row while I was at the hospital for the birth of my son. Anderson is lucky to have a place like this. All around great place.

• Visited June 2012