“We Had A Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2114 E 59th Street, Anderson, IN 46013-3000 (Formerly Lees Inn Anderson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“We Had A Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel was clean and modern. Hotel was quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was stocked with condiments and plenty of towels, wash clothes,etc. Lots of free things from internet to the breakfast which was great. Had a 24 hr business room with computers, printers, envelopes, paper and ink pens plus internet , whatever you needed for business. Had no problem checking in and out. A wonderful stay. Rooms were clean. Prices for rooms were great. Would recommend anyone to stay here. This hotel is clean and safe.

Thank you Best Western Plus in Anderson, Indiana

Room Tip: Just a tip, even though our room was not near the elevator, always choose a room that is no were nea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words!!! I love feedback like yours as it will really help motivate the staff! With every word of encouragement we get closer to our everyday goal of 100% Guest Satisfaction. Come stay with us again on your next trip to Anderson, IN!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was not looking for a hotel and yet too tired to finish my trip. I arrived by GPS at 2am. Chris Denney took the time to help me and my children to a room very accessable and clean. Great breakfast in the am too. Mr. Denney also helped me leave and encouraged my kids on the way to leaving in the morning. Truely great staff can make any experience a grand one!!

Room Tip: ask the desk for a good room, they will make sure of it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your great guest feedback! I truly believe a great staff is the key to guest satisfaction! We pride ourselves in maintaining a team of truly dedicated, responsive, and caring staff members at the Best Western Plus in Anderson, IN. We are here to serve our guests in any way possible. Make sure you come and stay with us again on your next trip to the Anderson area!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week on business. On first impression, the hotel is nicely decorated in a modern style with new furniture, and the front desk staff is friendly. The breakfast food was warm and adequate, with a selection of scrambled eggs, pastries, fruit and oatmeal. However, the hotel room could have been cleaner. The carpet in my room was not vacuumed before I arrived. There were large crumbs, a clothing tag, and what looked like toenail clippings scattered about between the two Queen beds. The furniture was dusty and there were large stains on the beds' dust ruffles and decorative pillows. It was late at night and I was tired, so I did not complain to the front desk about the cleanliness. Although I liked the fashionable decor and the friendly front desk staff, I will probably not stay at this hotel again because the lack of cleanliness concerned me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response! I always say to my guests that you all are truly the eyes and ears of our hotel. I have used this feedback to furthur train my housekeeping staff on guest expectations, as well as our company's expectations of cleanliness. I do apologize for the lack of attention to detail during your visit, and will strive to ensure no other guests experience such issues. All I can ask is for a second chance to win you over as our valued guest. Please give us the chance to redeem ourselves next time you are in the Anderson, IN area.

SoCal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a weird hotel to review.
Where to start??!!

The Staff:
This place is very casual. No one wears uniforms and you never really know who works there and who is just hanging out talking to their friend that works there!
It's totally unprofessional and a little strange, but I will say that the people we talked to were all very friendly and talkative.

The Room:
Bed was clean but the room overall needed a good cleaning!! Windows were dirty, carpet was dirty, huge spider webs behind the curtains and near the a/c.
Tons of dust on top of the headboard and I don't think the vacuumed the floor for a while!
The bathroom was OK... didn't give me that 'just cleaned' feeling tho.
We only had 2 towels in our room when we checked in?! Had to call to get the rest of the towels that were missing!
The room was very quiet the whole 5 days we were there.

Service:
One day we put the "Please Clean" sign on the door and threw all our dirty towels in a pile. We were gone all day and didn't get back until 1am. When we got back the pile was still there and our room hadn't been touched.
Had to call the front desk to get towels. Someone brought us new towels but he was talking on his cell phone the whole time. ... Like I said, the staff is very 'casual'. Just don't expect professional service and then you wont have a problem!

The Breakfast:
Was a nice touch but it wasn't that good. We tried it one morning since it was included, but didn't go back after the first day. Biscuits were pretty good. The make your own waffles look way better than they taste!
The guy stocking and cooking the food wasn't in uniform either. It just didn't seem very clean or well done.

Location:
The location is great. Not much in Anderson (but a lot more than in the even smaller nearby city we were visiting) ........... Cracker Barrel is across the parking lot. Steak N Shake, White Castle and Waffle House are just across the street and Target, Walmart and Hobby Lobby are very close by as well as many other restaurants!

All in all this place is OK for the price. It was pretty cheap booking online $81 weekends and $63 weekdays. Pretty cheap.
Just don't expect too much! They really need to work on their housekeeping in the rooms and the entire property............ everything is a little dirty and grimy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am pleased to say that these comments greatly helped this hotel move forward from a very casual time period to a much more professional property! As with any feedback, I always use the guest's comments to properly train the staff members in each department. With this particular review, we clearly saw that we had quite a bit of retraining to do. We met with each department and discussed the value of attending to our guest's needs as they arise, as well as maintaining a professional demeanor while on property. I believe it is essential that cleanliness comes first above everything in our industry, so we completed an all-staff training session on continued cleaning throughout the hotel. We also worked with housekeeping on daily additional cleaning items to ensure that all of the "little things", or easily "forgotten" areas in a guest room are just as important to us as the beds and bathrooms that are most used. Please contact me directly if you find yourself in the Anderson, IN area for another visit as I would love to invite you to try us out again!

Stockbridge, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The facility it's self appeared to be nice, the staff is "a whole nother story"!!
To start I had 3 elderly family members kicked out of the hotel because when they checked in thursday evening, the room wasn't clean, beds unmade & dirty towels on the floor. They went down the street to the Holiday Inn, I wish I had!!!!
I got there Friday, 2 nights I was there, only one person wore some type of uniform. The rest wore t-shirts and faded jeans or what ever they found on the closet floor, no name tags or anything to establish that they worked there, they all looked like teens! They did not give a greeting upon arrival but instead said "hold on"!! I got to hear the morning desk clerk yelling at her family over the phone (while standing at the front desk). They were witnessed by several people publicly showing affection to one another.
A teenager with 2 toned hair, a pink t-shirt and jeans (no name tag) just walked into my room (no knock), then asked if I wanted my room cleaned. I asked her why they didn't wear uniforms, she said "sometimes we do but we mostly wear what we want". After she finished "CLEANING THE ROOM", I didn't have enough towels (1 bath towel & 2 floor mats), 2 wash clothes! The bath tub was not clean, floor not vaccumed or swept, cups and coffee not replinished, ect....
Now for the "HOT BREAKFAST", powdered eggs, dried biscuts & sausage gravy, canned fruit, pre-frozen dounuts & muffins!! Oh, one morning they had apples!! Waffle iron broke the whole time.
NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED IN THEIR OWN HOTEL GUIDE BOOK ON THE DESK IN THE ROOM.
Best Western need to check them, they have given the chain a black eye with this expirence!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bestwestand, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We are very sorry your visit was less than pleasant . Unfortunately the only time a guest here is asked to leave it's due to either abuse of employees or non payment . We do try our very best to accommodate everyone and make everyone feel as if they are at home with us . Most of our guests include business trips, family vacations or just for a restful night after a long drive . So any guests outbursts and unsavory language will not be tolerated as our goal here is to make everyone's stay here a pleasant one . Our policy is to correct any problems quickly as possible but anything takes cooperation from both parties. We do humbly respect everyones opinion so thank you and have a wonderful day .
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this property over the weekend. Pluses: the room was very large and comfortable. The laundry room, ice machine, free Internet and microwave really came in handy. Negatives: The room ended up being super noisy. We were on the second floor in the room nearest to the drive up lobby. One of the employees had a motor scooter that was REALLY loud during the night (they parked it right under our window). Some guests arrived in the middle of the night with a very boisterous family that woke us up. (You haven't lived until you see some 10 year old boys doing pull ups on the luggage trolly and yelling at midnight ). Finally, the breakfast was very limited and did not include bacon or sausage. However, for $80ish a night, it is probably worth the value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We humbly apologize for the noise if we have groups staying with us we give them a curfew . We do appreciate your business and hope that a return visit with us you will find more pleasant thank you and have a great day!
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We spent around a week at Best western. It was a good place. Enjoyed the breakfast. The room was clean and there wasn't any noise from the kids around. A couple of things they need to work on to make it excellent. We were in room 238. it had a bit of a smell. We kept the door open for a couple of hours and it was gone but it seems the AC brings that smell. The desk is right by the AC so you cant sit on it and work with the AC blasting on your head. It took them a couple of days to catch on that there is 4 of us in the room so we need 4 towels of each size. Although we told them a couple of times. The toilette doesn't flush properly. So most of the issues I guess were in particular to this room so avoid it. And we didn't ask for another room so we accepted to live with it.

Room Tip: Avoid room 238 unless they fix the toilete and the AC smell
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I wanted to personally thank you for the feedback you gave my property! Although I do apologize for the odor in room 238 during your stay, it sounds like the week long stay left you with several positive thoughts about our property. I can ensure you that 238 is in ultimate shape now and odor free! As well as the other 66 of 67 rooms here at the Best Western Plus in Anderson, IN. Thank you for bringing these important details to our attention, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the area!

Michael Hubbard

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson? Share your experiences!