“Final Four Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Pittsburgh, PA
“Final Four Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for the Final 4 games Saturday night in Indy. About 45 min drive to downtown Indy. Hotel is new and clean. Lots of restaurants down the road, be sure to check them out. We ate at Ruby Tuesday - good meal. Be sure to ask front desk which restaurants will give you 10% discount. Hotel was booked due to the games, but plenty of breakfast food the next morning. No time to do anything else in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I stayed at the Hampton for 1-night because I was attending a rock concert In Anderson, IN. Front desk polite and professional. The room 4th floor king was almost spotless, nice digital TV, microwave, refrigerator, Wi-Fi. As I was on a comp from the Hoosier Park racing and casino I can't comment as to the price/value of the room.

The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was well stocked including coffee/coffee maker, plenty of towels, etc. They also have a small indoor pool, free computer access in the lobby, and a very nice plentiful free hot breakfast buffet also.

I would definitely have my casino host put me up here again if I needed a room for the night in Anderson, IND.

2 thumbs up and no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

Recently, we had a lovely experience staying at this Hampton Inn. Not only is the atmosphere warm and inviting, everything is squeaky clean! Even though it is located right off of an exit, our room (on the fourth floor) remained quiet all through the night. We were lucky enough to stay in a jaccuzzi suite, which was absolutely AMAZING - especially for the price (approximately $150)! The hot tub itself was large enough to fit 3-4 people and was surrounded by wall-sized mirrors, located in its own little "corner."

There was one king sized bed, and oh goodness, it was comfortable! The bathroom was not too small, and the sink, toliet, and shower were execeptionally well kept. Complimentary breakfast was served in the morning between 6 - 10 AM, and it there was a decent selection to choose from: everything from traditional bagels and donuts to sausage and eggs. They also offer "breakfast on the go" - sack bags of breakfast foods for those who might be in a hurry to check out.

In addition to great accomidations, the customer service at this hotel during our stay was EXCELLENT. Friendly and helpful, the front desk clerks always had on a smile and were more than willing to answer any questions we had. When we checked out, we informed them that the jaccuzzi jets did not work for us when we tried to turn them on, and - to our surprise - they offered to reduce our price by approximately $50 (which put our stay at only $100)! We were stunned! Talk about service!

So if you're looking for a hotel with a friendly staff and all the comforts of home, consider Anderson's Hampton Inn - you'll be glad that you did.

• Liked — Wonderful service, great price, cleanliness.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

I have stayed at the Hampton at Anderson several times in the last 5 years, on each occassion the hotel has been clean, and the staff courteous and helpful.

Located right by the freeway exit there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Rooms are well appointed and not run down at all. Compares favourably with the nearby, rundown Holiday Inn.

• Liked — Guaranteed high standard of room presentation
  • Disliked — no room service
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2004

I have been trying for 3 months to collect on a promise of reimbursement from this hotel. The owners don't care about their customers or employees. They are just there to make as much money as possible without regard for their guests.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2004

I have to agree with the person from Effingham, IL. We as a group have been staying every year at some hotel for our childrens YABA bowling tournaments and this year was Anderson. We had the worst service and the rudest people I have every come across in the hotel buisness. The pool was so chlorinated that we had kids that could not catch their breathe, kids with rashes and parents that had just sat in the area while their kids tried to swim that have now, two days ended up with respitory infections. I know of at least a half a dozen kids who have ended up sick. And I, as well as others feel it was the pool. The manager of the hotel I am sorry to say was probably the rudest of them all. We choose this hotel for the pool and then when all the trouble with it, these kids had nothing to do and the staff was very eager to tell us about it. I am sure as a group we had around 30 rooms. Sorry for the poor rating but this truely was a stay I wish to never have again. And I too, will be looking for a different place to stay next time I am in Anderson.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2003

I had a horrible experience at the Hampton Inn, Anderson. The employees were rude and nasty, including the manager. I stay at Hampton everytime I travel, and have been impressed until recently. Next time I will stay in a different hotel when visting the Anderson area.

, Manager at Hampton Inn Anderson, responded to this review, February 2, 2004
To our reviewer from Effingham, IL. I apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. I am rather concerned by your comments. I would appreciate the opportunity to converse with you directly regarding your stay and specifically the problems that you encountered. Without this information, how can I ensure that we correct the problem so it doesn't happen again? I would like the opportunity to address your concerns and correct the problems. Thank you.

Been to Hampton Inn Anderson? Share your experiences!