“Clean and comfortable...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
indianapolis
“Clean and comfortable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Very pleased with our stay at the Hampton.I was leery after reading some of the negative posts regarding the hotel (and others in Anderson), however was pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and comfortable, the mattress was awesome...we found the lobby and hallways brightly lit and clean. I felt the price was above average for a Sunday night (there are discounts for AAA, AARP etc), however would pay it again. We were staying there for an all day/night trip to the casino- if you are looking a clean, comfortable and safe place to stay I would highly recommend this hotel. we did not utilize the swimming pool, breakfast or business services so I cannot comment on those.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Villa Hills, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This hotel was not like I read in the reviews. It was decently clean, but the hotel, our room, bedding etc. were very tired looking. The breakfast (we know that quick foods are to be expected) area was not kept clean, nor stocked. Just not our best experience with Hampton Inn and their hotels are usually ones we stay in. This was a college visit to Anderson University and should our son decide to go to Anderson, we will find another place to stay, even though it was very convenient.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

this place has a great big parking lot easy to get a semi into...people were very freindly and helpful...price was around $108.00 I explained that was too much for a room in the wintertime ,after haggling for a bit I was offered a special deal for $89.00 they called it the casino deal...just wish they would tell the best price up front instead you have to haggle with them ( kinda like dealing with a carsalesman)...anyway the place was clean,well lit ...great people great breakfast....only minor complaint was the bed wasnt quite as comfy as all of the other hamptons Ive stayed in, it wasnt bad but it wasnt great either.. they didnt have wireless internet in rooms, I thought this was odd but they did have highspeed service but had to hardwire to get it....I will stay here again the next time Im back in Anderson...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Chicago suburbs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We were in town visiting family this past weekend and stayed at the Hampton for the first time. The hotel is attractive and conveniently located near the interstate. In the evening we took the kids down to the pool and hot tub. The pool was fine, but the water level in the hot tub was about 18" low and the jets were spraying hot water everywhere. We reported this to a young man at the desk and he admitted that he had been told to check it but hadn't. The next morning (Sunday), around 7:30, the fire alarm went off. Everyone had to evacuate. After spending 15-20 minutes outside, with no sign of fire trucks, and no information, an employee finally came by and told us that we could go back in. A burned waffle in the breakfast area had triggered the alarm. There was no apology for the inconvenience and she was actually LAUGHING and GIGGLING at how funny it was. We have stayed at several Hampton's over the years, and this one just didn't live up to past experiences. At the very least, some staff training is in order.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I'm writing on behave of my parents. My Mother (Donna) had 2 back surgeries about 20 years ago. She has spent thousands of dollars on mattresses. On her last stay with you she had the best nights sleep in 20 years. She stayed in room 407. Could I please get the exact name and make of the mattress and if they can be purchased anywhere near Flint Michigan. Many thanks.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is my second stay at this property, and it is very nice. I was on a full-comp from the nearby Hoosier Park racing and casino. Check in was quick and professional. My room, complete with a jacuzzi tub, was well appointed. They have free wifi/computer/printer in the lobby and free hot cookies as I ventured out for the evening.

I had a couple of minor issues. No ash tray in room/problem getting the TV to work/minor front door entry door card issue. Everything was rited quickly and politely.

The Hampton Inn offers a free shuttle to the casino, an indoor swimming pool, and free breakfast. The free hot and cold breakfast was great. They offered waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, muffins, sausage biscuits and gravy, fresh chopped fruit, muffins, bagels, 3-4 kinds of juices, coffee, and much more.

2 Thumbs up and excellent personable customer service. I will have my Casino Executive Host put me up here whenever I need a room in Anderson, IN for the night!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Ft. Wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Great employees. Nice to stay close to casino with free shuttle.
Rooms always nice.
Only problem we ever had was dead batteries in our remote control.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
BEST WESTERN PLUS Anderson
Cambria Suites Noblesville
Cambria Suites Noblesville
#1 of 5 in Noblesville
4.5 of 5 stars 219 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Anderson? Share your experiences!