“Pretty poor” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Middletown, Indiana
“Pretty poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Even though this Holiday Inn is fairly new it is extremely dirty and poorly managed. We usually have pretty good luck with Holiday Inn but this is one to stay away from. We made reservations here a week in advance and requested a suite on the top (fourth) floor. Upon check-in we were told our first floor room was all ready for us. We corrected the desk clerk in that we'd reserved a top floor suite which completely confused her. After poking around on her computer a while she found us a room on the third floor but it wasn't a suite. She was certainly right about that! We ended up with a dirty room with one king size bed. The coffee maker was supplied with only decaf and there was no refrigerator or microwave in the dirty room. The smell of pot smoke was hanging in the hallways and I sincerely doubt if there is a vacuum cleaner in the entire building. The one tiny elevator takes forever to arrive and the walls in it look like someone has vomited on them. We get company rates on most hotels including Holiday Inn and our two nights in this dump still cost nearly $250.00! Did I mention the screaming kids in dripping swimsuits running in the dirty halls until well after ten o'clock at night? Trust me and don't waste your hard earned money on this poor excuse for a hotel, I know we won't.

Room Tip: I'm pretty there are no good rooms in this poor excuse for a hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
TR6,
After reading about your recent stay with our property, I am very apologetic about the condition you described in your review. I would also be interested in your input or any additional comments you would like to let me know about. I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and I sincerely hope that next time you are in the area, that you will give us another chance to meet your needs for a clean, friendly hotel. Please feel free to contact me at smhiexp@gmail.com!

Best regards,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Anderson Indiana 46013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seneca, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came to indiana for a family reunion in Pendleton and booked this 2 days prior. The front desk was great, the lobby inviting with fresh cucumber water and fruit awaiting. The king suite was very nice...great bed, good pillows. Very clean, bed turned down, nicely appointed room. Automatic lights are great.A little fridge would be nice. Continental breakfast had a nice variety and was well maintained and stocked, even close to the time it closed. All a bargain with AAA discount. You are close to Ruby Tuesdays and Olive Garden is about 5 minutes further down the road. I would return.

Room Tip: 227 was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Ellen H,

I have great news in response to your delightful feedback, all of our non-standard rooms feature the fridge you so desired (along with a kitchenette area)! I hope your family gathering was just as satisfactory, and that we can see you again soon!

Anderson Indiana 46013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay while attending a concert at Klispch Music Center. It's only 15 min. drive to the concert venue. Rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. Service is great. Best place to stay in Anderson.

• Stayed June 2013
snbagley,

I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us out of all of the available options! We are always happy to host the concert goers, what a fun group of guests. If you ever find yourself in the area, please stop in, we would love to play host again anytime!

Anderson Indiana, 46013
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband stayed here for just one night after a concert in Noblesville. It is conveniently located right off of 69, but far enough away that there is not a lot of noise or traffic. We did not have reservations, and they did not have any rooms available other than king suites. It was very late so we went ahead and took it. The lady at the counter tried her hardest to find us some discounts to bring the price down. We really appreciated her effort. We ended up saving about $20 on the room. The lobby was clean and the check in/check out processes were smooth and quick. We were on the third floor. There was very little noise from both the road and other guests. The decor was standard, nothing fancy. It was clean, but it had a strange smell...kind of like bacon. The bed was comfortable-we had a good night's sleep. The bathroom was clean and nicely stocked. The shower pressure was good and the tub drained. It was a much bigger room than what we needed, but if I were going to be there for a week or so, this room would have been perfect. It had a little kitchen area with a sink, microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker. There was also a separate sitting area. The hotel does offer breakfast, however we were not down in time to try it out. There are plenty of restaurants and gas stations around if you want more options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
AimeeKB,

You have made our day! Thank you so much for the review, its good to hear that you walked away happy! We are looking into that bacon comment- that's a new one to be sure :). I Hope that next time you are in the area, we will have the pleasure of hosting you again!

Anderson, IN
Berea, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

While driving between Cleveland, OH and St. Louis, MO, I decided to split my trip and stay at this hotel in Anderson, IN.
Parking is pretty good after finding the place. It is a bit off the interstate and not visible from the exit. Go past the Meijer's and it is on the left before Menard's. The place is pretty well kept up and clean enough. Our room was on the second floor and had a "masked" odor scent when we first got into it, but, after turning on the A/C it seemed to dissapate. The beds were clean and passed the bedbug check. I did notice a brown spot on the floor under the sink in the bathroom and I covered it with towel after showering. My tip for the maid reflected this. The rest of the staff seemed nice enough and the breakfast girl was all over it the next morning. An easy checkout and we were on the road. I'd stay here again for another stopover.

Room Tip: We stayed in an end of the hall room which got a little noisy with some kids running around the hall...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
papagrit,

Thank you so much for the notes about your recent stay, I hope that the next time you are in the area you will stop in to look at the progress of our continual "extra cleaning" projects. We are wonderfully appreciative of the things you pointed out after all we do aim to please!

Hope to hear from you soon,
Holiday Inn Express
Anderson, IN
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was greeted as I came into the hotel, parking was close. Room was large, clean and well decorated. The internet connection was fast and easy to connect. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good with plenty of juice and coffee, etc. Very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
going_going_going,

Thank You! We are so glad that you are happy to have stayed with us! We always trying to keep up, if there is anything we can do for your next stay please, let us know! I hope that you are returning soon, and in the mean time, happy travels!

Holiday Inn Express, Anderson, Indiana
Franklin, Vermont, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here (we were in town looking at some investment properties) the first room we were given smelled like smoke. Company policy is the front desk have to come up and smell it. Well after about 15 minutes someone came up and smelled the room, we were given another room. All was well, we were tired and it was late, but things happen and we were glad they corrected the issue. Because we were given another room they double charged us. This is where it went down hill.
We stayed there the 2/12-15 and then again on 2/17-18th. We booked in advance through Hotwire, so it was already payed for. Well because our room was switched they charged us. So we were double charged. I spoke to them twice in person and had to call FIVE times over a 2 week period. I was promised call backs and no one ever called me back. I was always told that "only the General Manager could take care of the issue and reverse the charges and she was not in right now" finally (and let me reiterate, 2 WEEKS later) they took care of it and the I was put through to the General Manager to leave a voice mail because the 5th time I called I asked for a free stay next time we were in the Anderson area. No one returned my call. Absolutely unacceptable. Go anywhere.....but here.

Room Tip: Stay at the Best Western Plus right across the way.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Jessie N,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson? Share your experiences!