“Good for one night.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Elkhart, Indiana
“Good for one night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband stayed here for just one night after a concert in Noblesville. It is conveniently located right off of 69, but far enough away that there is not a lot of noise or traffic. We did not have reservations, and they did not have any rooms available other than king suites. It was very late so we went ahead and took it. The lady at the counter tried her hardest to find us some discounts to bring the price down. We really appreciated her effort. We ended up saving about $20 on the room. The lobby was clean and the check in/check out processes were smooth and quick. We were on the third floor. There was very little noise from both the road and other guests. The decor was standard, nothing fancy. It was clean, but it had a strange smell...kind of like bacon. The bed was comfortable-we had a good night's sleep. The bathroom was clean and nicely stocked. The shower pressure was good and the tub drained. It was a much bigger room than what we needed, but if I were going to be there for a week or so, this room would have been perfect. It had a little kitchen area with a sink, microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker. There was also a separate sitting area. The hotel does offer breakfast, however we were not down in time to try it out. There are plenty of restaurants and gas stations around if you want more options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
AimeeKB,

You have made our day! Thank you so much for the review, its good to hear that you walked away happy! We are looking into that bacon comment- that's a new one to be sure :). I Hope that next time you are in the area, we will have the pleasure of hosting you again!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Anderson, IN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Berea, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

While driving between Cleveland, OH and St. Louis, MO, I decided to split my trip and stay at this hotel in Anderson, IN.
Parking is pretty good after finding the place. It is a bit off the interstate and not visible from the exit. Go past the Meijer's and it is on the left before Menard's. The place is pretty well kept up and clean enough. Our room was on the second floor and had a "masked" odor scent when we first got into it, but, after turning on the A/C it seemed to dissapate. The beds were clean and passed the bedbug check. I did notice a brown spot on the floor under the sink in the bathroom and I covered it with towel after showering. My tip for the maid reflected this. The rest of the staff seemed nice enough and the breakfast girl was all over it the next morning. An easy checkout and we were on the road. I'd stay here again for another stopover.

Room Tip: We stayed in an end of the hall room which got a little noisy with some kids running around the hall...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
papagrit,

Thank you so much for the notes about your recent stay, I hope that the next time you are in the area you will stop in to look at the progress of our continual "extra cleaning" projects. We are wonderfully appreciative of the things you pointed out after all we do aim to please!

Hope to hear from you soon,
Holiday Inn Express
Anderson, IN
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was greeted as I came into the hotel, parking was close. Room was large, clean and well decorated. The internet connection was fast and easy to connect. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good with plenty of juice and coffee, etc. Very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
going_going_going,

Thank You! We are so glad that you are happy to have stayed with us! We always trying to keep up, if there is anything we can do for your next stay please, let us know! I hope that you are returning soon, and in the mean time, happy travels!

Holiday Inn Express, Anderson, Indiana
Franklin, Vermont, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here (we were in town looking at some investment properties) the first room we were given smelled like smoke. Company policy is the front desk have to come up and smell it. Well after about 15 minutes someone came up and smelled the room, we were given another room. All was well, we were tired and it was late, but things happen and we were glad they corrected the issue. Because we were given another room they double charged us. This is where it went down hill.
We stayed there the 2/12-15 and then again on 2/17-18th. We booked in advance through Hotwire, so it was already payed for. Well because our room was switched they charged us. So we were double charged. I spoke to them twice in person and had to call FIVE times over a 2 week period. I was promised call backs and no one ever called me back. I was always told that "only the General Manager could take care of the issue and reverse the charges and she was not in right now" finally (and let me reiterate, 2 WEEKS later) they took care of it and the I was put through to the General Manager to leave a voice mail because the 5th time I called I asked for a free stay next time we were in the Anderson area. No one returned my call. Absolutely unacceptable. Go anywhere.....but here.

Room Tip: Stay at the Best Western Plus right across the way.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Jessie N,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

thanks to the front desk staff for taking care of us despite the fact that they were almost fully booked....comfortable beds ..lots of places to eat at close by...located close to the Colts training camp...

Room Tip: book in advance.....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so Much for stopping in! We are so happy to see that you stayed with us and would love to see all of you come time for the Colts to begin their spring training!
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

While everything looked clean, there seemed to be a musky smell in a lot of this facility. Could be that the long winter has trapped the moisture from the indoor pool. Breakfast was typical HIE. The staff was friendly and helpful to a person.

• Stayed April 2013
Angela W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Shep8,

Thanks for stopping in for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Anderson! We are very excited to tell you that our housekeeping staff is beginning their spring cleaning, in hopes of freshening up as you suggested. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for the review of our property.

Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Anderson Indiana
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had to use this hotel while working in New Castle, IN for a couple of days. New Castle doesn't offer much of a hotel selection, so I decided to stay here so I could get my PC points. We were working split shifts, so there was a lot of driving back and for between the hotel and the worksite.

The hotel staff was very accommodating in giving me a first floor room, since I have an aversion to elevators and have a lot of gear with me on the road. Didn't experience the breakfast, since we had to be at the job site at 5:30am and didn't get back to the hotel until 10am. Didn't use the fitness room or the pool. The business center computer, which is located in the breakfast room, worked well. It had a printer, which worked and the front desk person (Abby) even sent a fax for me! She also gave me a late checkout, since I wanted to nap between 11 and 1 on the last day.

This is located near I-69 as well as a lot of dining options and the Hoosier Park casino and racetrack. I would stay in it again, given the opportunity.

Room Tip: This seems like a newer hotel, so I didn't have any issues with the room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us such a glowing reveiw! We excited for your return, and hope this finds you well.

Best Wishes,
Guset Experience Champion
Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Anderson Indiana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson? Share your experiences!