“This hotel exceeded all expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Detroit, Michigan
“This hotel exceeded all expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I travel approximately 45 weeks a year. A friend recomended this hotel stating that I would be pleasently surprised by the level of service offered by the staff, at such an affordable price. The hotel was a grand slam when all factors were considered - value, room cleanliness, service offered,- hot breakfast, etc. I would recomend this place to my parents who are more picky than I when it comes to hotels. the hotel is well built to prevent noise disturbance. The GM/Owner was on site and visible during my stay - speaking to many of the guests directly. this type of "direct hands on" is something I would consider rare in todays ownership - but not at this hotel. the oqwnership really cares about the comfort of their guests, and really practices customer service. It is rare during all my travels that I find a hotel like this - so Aurora must be proud to have such a "jewel" within their border.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Housekeeping was top notch. We've stayed in many hotels where dust webs existed in the corners for months. Not here. The entire room was spotless, including neglected corners and under the bed.

Fantastic job by the entire staff & crew.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We spent one night at the Comfort Suites Aurora. We arrived prior to check in time, but it was no problem and check-in and out service was very friendly and efficient. Our room had a king bed with suite area separated by a partial wall. The hotel seems pretty new. The room was clean, a good size and had plenty of in room amenties like a room fridge, safe, and microwave. Overall the room and bathroom were plenty big for our purposes. There is a complimentary breakfast bar which had a nice selection of cereals, breads and even had some hot items like eggs, breakfast meat and waffles. The hotel is a few blocks from the downtown area of Aurora. You could easily walk to one of the free outdoor concerts they have in the summer or to the casino, which is only a couple of blocks away. Parking is plentiful and Walter Payton's roundhouse is less than one block away.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

It was an amazing stay from the time I walked in the door. The staff said hello, the lobby was beautiful, The room was clean, Everything I desire when I stay at hotels. I can't say that I have had better service, from a 5 star hotel. I usually have to wait when I check into a hotel, but not here. Upon checking into the hotel there were other people checking in besides myself, but I still got greeted! A complimentary bottle of water in my room was rather refreshing, and the beds were comfortable. I would definatly stay again. A great place to stay when visiting Aurora!

• Liked — the great service and friendly staff
  • Disliked — that I had to leave
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

My stay there was bittersweet ...Checked into hotel to see Johnny Depp. He was filming at the Paramount theater and the hotel was only a 5 minute walk which was very convient."The Comfort inn" was actually very nice and cozy and you feel that immediately when you walk into the lobby .The staff was courteous and the location is very helpful. Metro next door to the hotel and casinos and downtown area 5 minute walk .Only complaint...at night ...the night desk clerks were loud and noisy and goofing off which didnt look very professional.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

The Comfort Suites are situated in what is not the best part of Aurora, well that is from what I have been told, but it is right next to Walter Paytons Roundhouse and that is where I go each night whenever I stay there. They serve execellent food and a good selection of beers, well it usually keeps me happy. Rooms are plenty big enough and always clean, though if you get a back room you are very close to the railway, and if a light sleeper like me you will get woken quite early in the morning.

Good selection for breakfast, staff very friendly, they always help me out when travelling as a lonesome Brit. Fox Valley Mall is only 15 minutes drive away and has all the shops you could throw a stick at.

• Liked — Proximity to Walter Paytons Roundhouse
  • Disliked — Noise from railway
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

I liked the location - close to the casino, my client and the Walter Payton Roundhouse. Payton's place was really cool and the food/beer was very good.

The hotel staff was friendly and the hotel met my expectations in terms of a Choice property. It was clean and the rooms were spacious. I also felt safe in the location. I walked around town the first night I was there and did not feel threatened.....the last post about the doors being locked is a standard security protocol that I have seen more often when traveling in the past few years.

One issue with the hotel was the "non-smoking" policy. Sure you can't smoke inside - which is great for me - but the smoking areas are right outside the doors so you need to walk through the smokers and the smoke to get in the hotel. They should be moved off to the side.

The other odd issue was the crickets. Yes, crickets. When I checked in, there was one in the bathroom. I squashed it and moved on it. When I shut the lights off that night, I heard another begin to tweet. He was in the bathroom, but I couldn't find him. So I turned the bathroom light on and he was quiet the rest of the night. The next morning, I saw him in bathroom, sqashed him and moved on - again. On the second night of my stay, I heard more tweeting - I turned the light on again and it stopped. And, that morning I saw him on the floor, squashed him and later checked out - not sure if there were any more cricket family members left....sorry bug lovers, but I needed to take three of them out. As you know, it is summer and these things happen - but that was a first for me in a hotel room that was on the THIRD floor.

• Liked — The location.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville? Share your experiences!