“Very Nice Except Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Indiana
“Very Nice Except Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nice and clean room, helpful staff, hotel seemed clean and very nice.

However breakfast was terrible. They advertised as a hot breakfast. The only hot item was scrambled eggs with ham (lukewarm). Or make your own waffle. The other choices were cold hard boiled eggs, one type of muffin, a couple variations of cereals (but no milk), rock hard bagels, and that is it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for your response. It sounds like everything wasn't perfect with your stay. Our new Hot Breakfast is a consistent and prescriptive breakfast at all Comfort Suites Hotels and we're sorry it didn't meet your expectations this time. I assure you, since installing it our scores for Breakfast Satisfaction are through the roof! We will make sure however that the product is consistent everyday and that there is no lapse in quality. We take your feedback seriously. We are sorry you didn't notice our Milk Dispenser located on the breakfast line. It has been there since we opened. We will take your response back to Choice hotels and perhaps ask for larger print MILK signage to better identify our Dispenser.

Tom Stahl- Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We have stayed at this property many times which for us was a different room each time. I have to say every time from the start of entering the hotel we have not been disappointed. The front desk personnel has always been polite and helpful, our room is clean, spacious and updated, complimentary breakfast is plentiful and the beds are comfortable which gives us a very rest filled sleep!! The train station is located behind the hotel, however you do not hear any noise from the trains. Many different restaurants and activities in the area. This hotel is one of our favorites! We are traveling to Tennessee soon, which of course I booked a Comfort Suites there also. I'm just hoping we will be as satisfied there as we are to the one in Aurora!! Fingers crossed!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. We will pass along your kind words to our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you again!!

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales
Gun Lake Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stopped overnight without reservations and really liked this hotel.. The front desk person Terrace I believe her name was greeted us with very friendly service.. She was also helpful in area attractions and printed out information to get later on our way out on the town.. Found the rooms very clean and comfortable.. You can walk to the Casino..

Room Tip: Rear rooms have a train station close by.. I found it a little noisy but not bad.. If you run the fa...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear that our Front Desk Agent went above and beyond for you. We will let her know that you were pleased with your stay. Please keep us in mind for any future stays. If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again!

Woodstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

This hotel was what every hotel should be--clean, friendly, great beds, large bathrooms, and
a very quiet night's sleep. It was within walking distance to two wonderful restaurants. The staff was very friendly and so helpful! And the breakfast that is included was very good as well.
My daughters and I came for a family reunion; the location was perfect. We absolutely will choose this hotel next time. I have never taken the time to write a review, but this hotel was so great that I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We chose two double beds for 3 grown-ups and we were very comfy. The bathroom was large enough for...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom Stahl- Director of Sales
Wenona, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel had everything we needed, and the kids loved it! Spacious rooms, not one issue that the staff didn't bend over backwards to accommodate!

the best part was I SAVED money by staying here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
We are so very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are also glad to hear that the children enjoyed themselves as well. I will pass along your comments to our staff and let them know that they are doing a fantastic job! If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom Stahl-director of sales
Bountiful, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

There are a few things that I really liked about this hotel. First it was clean! From the lobby to your rooms it was very clean everywhere. They had the white covers on the beds. I really like this. The rooms where nice and updated. I like love this area in IL. If you have time go next door and get a drink or dinner at the Round House. What a neat building! The history is really fun. The hotel plays off of it and has much train decor in the lobby. We also walked down to a Irish Pub that was maybe about a five minute walk that was really good. It was neat to see the river. They also have a breakfast that is included in your stay that was really good. I would stay here if I where to come back to Aurora. Nice Hotel! Ohh ya one thing I must say try to get room in the front of the hotel. In the back you will hear the train at night. I few of my co workers said they could hear the trains late at night behind the hotel. I never heard them because I was in the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel so you do not hear the trains at night.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to maintain the highest level of customer service and cleanliness. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed to Two Brothers Round House and Baleydoyles. We will pass on your kind comments. Thank you again and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you!
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed at the Aurora, Illinois Comfort Suites on September 16 - 18th, 2011. Upon my arrival Ms. [--] was very friendly and made me glad that I had selcted this hotel. She gave me directions and even gave me a business card with thehotel phone number to call her in the event I got lost. I have stayed in hotels over 250 nights in the last 20 years and while hotel employees are generally friendly noone has ever gave me the hotel phone number to call in the event I get lost. Mark A. Wiewel, Quincy, IL

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was a King N/S with a sofa. The TV's are new have a nice selections of cha...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond to assist you and I will be happy to pass your kind words along to them. Please Keep us in mind for any future travels. Thank you again for your patronage and do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you again!
Tom Stahl Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 8 in Aurora
3.5 of 5 stars 26 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville? Share your experiences!