“A bit disappointed....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Chicago Southwest - Aurora

You added Motel 6 Chicago Southwest - Aurora to your Saves list
Motel 6 Chicago Southwest - Aurora
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2380 North Farnsworth Avenue, I-88/E-W Tlwy & Farnsworth Ave, Aurora, IL 60504   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Chicago, Illinois
“A bit disappointed....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when visiting Aurora to go to the outlet mall and to go to a concert in Geneva, IL. While the location was very convenient to the mall (right across the street) and only minutes away from Geneva, IL we were very disappointed with the hotel itself. Online when we booked the hotel the Motel 6 website was very deceiving because it said it was a newly updated hotel with a refrigerator and microwave however when we got into our room we found that wasn't true. There was no refrigerator or microwave and the room was not updated other than to have cheap laminate floors and an updated vanity. The first room we were assigned had a big stain on the bedspread, there was urine in the toilet and overall it was very dirty and the air conditioner didn't work so we asked for another room and had no problem in that area. When we got in our new room, the air conditioner worked luckily but the room overall was just clean. There was hair all over the floor which was extremely noticeable due to the light colored laminate (fake wood) floors so I made sure to not walk bare footed in the room. There were only two tiny pillows on the bed and overall I was super disappointed in this room. I haven't stayed in a Motel 6 in years for this very reason but thought that because of the price of the room and the way the website portrayed the room to be all beautifully updated we gave it a try. Never again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I should begin by saying that my husband and I are Canadian, and stayed in this Motel 6 after having had an excellent experience with the new Motel 6 in Kingston, Ontario.
This was a much different experience. The Motel 6s in Canada have just been built, whereas those advertised as having "all new rooms" with the "Phoenix look" stateside have simply been retrofitted with the "new look".
The room had the vinyl flooring, new bedspreads, orange paint, and new sink/counter, but some older furnishings were still in the room (outdated, not "retro mod" - believe me, I can tell the difference). There was a small tube television (not the built-in flatscreens of the Canadian Motel 6s), and the tub and toilet were definitely not new. The toilet did not have a lid, and the public-bathroom-style seat had what looked like a few cigarette burns in it. The water pressure also seemed quite low (toilet was reluctant to flush), which did not inspire much confidence.
That being said, the room was clean, sheets were fresh, and the front desk staff at both check-in and check-out were friendly and competent! I suppose our expectations were a bit high, seeing as we'd just stayed at a brand-new property just two nights before.
It is, as other reviewers have said, across from on of the entrances to the Chicago Outlets (we didn't shop there, though - just passing through). A perfectly decent place to stay the night, but it did cause me to change our travel arrangements two nights later - I cancelled with another Motel 6, and booked a different property.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

You get what you pay for. We were just looking for a place to sleep for the night, and this did the trick. Our room did not look like the picture (except the flooring), but still no complaints. Very clean, with updated bathroom (but not like the picture shown). We found the bed comfortable. The room quiet and clean. I can see how some rooms may be louder if/when trucks start in the AM. Outlet mall is across the street.
TV is small and basic. Wifi is posted as extra, however the guy at the desk just gave us the code when we asked.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

What can I say about this motel drive on by if you want to get a good nights sleep.My room was in the rear location where they have parking for all the semi trucks many of these must have refrigerator units & are running all night long Nice,so who can sleep!!.The rooms are clean I'll give them that credit.However the rooms supply no shampoo or tissues surprised they furnish toliet paper.TV old reception comes & goes.This is the first motel ever that I've had to pay for Wi F.$3.00 per night & you constantly loose signal.Can't believe this motel what a rip off. Tom Bodett don't leave the light on for me.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in back terrible
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Batavia, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I realize this is a cheap motel but I will not stay here again. The room was nothing like the photos, except for the new sink. Room was in disrepair and the cheap upgrades were only done to mask the dated and aging motel.
No clock, no shampoo or other toiletries, no coffee, no iron, 19" crap console TV, TV reception poor at best, non-existent lobby (again no coffee).
It snowed the night I was there however walks were not clear and parking lot wasn't plowed, even though both adjacent properties were.
Reading the other review, maybe I had the worst room of the worst night but I will not be back and would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

A very cheap, very clean, very basic stop over. A motel which isn't grim, infact the rooms look exactly like the photo in the listing.

The motel is located just across from the Premium Outlets about 45 mins (with traffic) from downtown Chicago. We stopped here before travelling into Chicago the next day. It was only about $35 and a couple for WiFi access. WiFi is only available in some rooms. The outside perhaps looks a little unsafe, but we had no problems at all. It was one of the better motels we stayed in.

For a little refreshment, I can recommend "Mike & Denise's Pizzaria and Pub" less than a mile away...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

This is the 5th or 6th time in the last three years that I have recommended this Motel6 location to friends and family when they visit from out of state! My Dad enjoyed his stay here so much that when he booked his 2nd reservation a month after the first time; I knew I could always recommend this location even to a business associate and definitely know that the room would be acceptional! This Motel6 was renovated about two or three years ago and the rooms sport beautiful hardwood flooring - no carpets & black accessories in the bathroom sink area! New colors on the bedspreads - just make every room so inviting to stay in! Everyone that I have recommended also stay with their pets in the room and that is just such a nice bonus so that pets aren't being left with kennels or vets or another caregiver. The pets stay comfortable with their owners and that's the best way to travel - with everyone together! I am also a member of InboxDollars and am getting cash back each time I send myself or anyone else to a Motel6 and that's really cool, too! I only had one problem with this promo while staying at the Motel 6 in Maryland; the reservationist at that location had no idea what promo I was talking about and I did not receive my credit but I have not let that one incident detour me from enjoying the Motel6 that is in my backyard!!
In 2011 - as I look forward to the travel season - I will be checking into other Motel 6's and I am fairly sure I will find those locations also in excellent condition!
Thank You!
Holly Bennett

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville
Baymont Inn & Suites - North Aurora
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Staybridge Suites Aurora/Naperville

Been to Motel 6 Chicago Southwest - Aurora? Share your experiences!