“Don't Bother With the On-Site Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Don't Bother With the On-Site Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have stayed here a few times. This most recent time will be our last. While the room was comfortable and clean, the other hotel amenities have gone way downhill. Started by asking for desk clerk if he had a local map of the area we could have. Nope. We later found one in our room. Next, we have enjoyed the complementary weekend breakfast on all our previous visits. Went down first morning and was told too few people so we would need to order off the menu. However, they would have the buffet over the weekend. One reason we prefer the buffet is that ordering off the menu takes so much time and the buffet is fast and good. However no buffet the entire time we were there. By far the most annoying experience was the restaurant. One night the group was worn out from too many days on the town so went to the on-site restaurant for dinner. We sat down at 6:30PM. We were the only patrons there except for three men who left shortly after we arrived. We finished at 9:30PM. No excuse for anything taking that long. Everyone was served at different times and not all of a single meal arrived at the same time. An absolute mess. There was one person serving in the restaurant and running the bar. At the end we discovered there was ONE person cooking. Who could take three hours to get eight meals completed? They would do well to just close the restaurant in the evening if the service can’t be improved. Makes for annoyed patrons and does not serve the hotel well in any way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Leland26,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm delighted you liked your room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry you received unacceptable service from our restaurant. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel is very clean and well kept. We stayed here 4 nights and the hallways were quiet and peaceful. The staff was very helpful any time we needed anything or had questions. The business center is free and you are able to print tickets, etc.

This hotel has a restaurant attached but we did not eat there but it did look nice.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words! We're certainly proud of our staff, and I have passed on your compliments to them. We hope to welcome you back to our property soon. Hopefully you'll get a chance to try our restaurant during your next stay- the food is amazing both for breakfast and dinner.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here one night. Rate was good and room was very clean and new. Restaurants were within walking distance and close to the highwya.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We're glad you enjoyed your night with us. Our location near I-88 certainly makes it convenient, and best yet the hotel sits far enough of the highway that you get that convenience without the noise! I'll pass on your compliments on cleanliness to our housekeeping staff. They certainty take pride in their work. Hope to welcome you back to Aurora soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn. I was greeted by friendly staff. My room was exceptionally clean. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Breakfast was a continental breakfast. Muffins, bagels, cereal and juice. However, they did have pancakes, eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy. The lady refilling the breakfast stations was extremely nice and was continuously refilling trays etc. If anything was low you just had to let her know and she was quick to refill. Checkout was extremely easy and again...friendly staff. We chose the hotel because it was the lowest rate in the area besides off name motels. I would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Pick a room on 3rd floor or 2nd floor away from the lobby area. They have a "meeting" roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving such a nice review of our property! I love hearing about our friendly staff. I always brag about them because I truly believe they are great, but hearing it from one of our guests is even better! I certainly agree on the comfort of our beds- guests have actually asked us where we purchased our mattresses so they could create the same comfort at their own homes. I also want to thank you for the kind words about your breakfast. I must caution any future guests to keep in mind that breakfast is only included in the rate for guests who book a breakfast package. We do have an outstanding breakfast menu that is part of our breakfast package or can be utilized a la carte for those not booking the package.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed here to treat myself to an overnight away from home (aka the hubby & cats). It's a new hotel (built within the last year or two) so most everything still has that new hotel look and feel. Check-in was quick & simple. The room that I requested (upper floor and away from elevators) was honored. The room was good sized. The bathroom was average. Disappointed to see there was paint already peeling over the shower and that the tub drain stopper was not in place since I had wanted to take a nice, warm bath. Bed was firm but comfortable. Never have been impressed with any HI's pillow quality. Too small and uncomfortable. Television was small and there is no movie ordering capability which surprised me for a new hotel & especially since HI Express' usually have this service. Channel selection was fair. I didn't check out the pool so I cannot comment on it. I did eat in the restaurant and it was just okay. I would recommend staying here for an overnight if on a road trip but try to get a rate through Priceline or something similar. I wouldn't spend over $120 to stay here again for what little ammenities it has to offer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

A group of ten of us from all over the US gathered in Aurora to visit family. We stayed four nights and had five rooms. Accommodations were excellent. I had a handicapped room and it was huge. The bathroom was state of the art and the main room was perfect for anyone needing extra space. We had a connecting room with my brother and never heard any sound from there. In fact, the rooms were soundproof as far as we could tell. The regular rooms were fairly standard in size but all were spotless and well furnished. People at the desk were very helpful. This location is perfect - easy in and out, lots of parking, and little traffic with which to contend. Overall, all of us were favorably impressed with the hotel and the location and will make this our hotel for future visits.

The Holiday Inn is south right off of 88 and easy to find if you are heading west from Chicago. In that case, the road - Orchard - is clearly marked. However, we were driving east toward Chicago and never spotted the road or marker so almost went right into Chicago at rush hour. Went way too far east and had to backtrack.

Back to the hotel: there is a large, comfortable lobby, nice bar, and restaurant. We ate breakfast there every morning and it was the usual breakfast fare. Receiving food ordered off the menu proved to be very slow. On weekends there is a complementary breakfast and it was the usual buffet with very good coffee.

We will definitely return to this hotel for good value, very clean and comfortable rooms, and excellent location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is my 4th stay here, and there are definitely some good things to note: in keeping with the brand, the hotel is clean, modern, and updated. The staff is super friendly and I have nothing but good things to say about the restaurant.

My biggest complaint is about the internet. It's terrible. They clearly have many different routers to try and accommodate, but every hour or so you get kicked offline in the middle of whatever you're doing, and have to log in again to the hotel's system. Hugely frustrating for working from the room.

My other complaint is that I could hear every. single. word. my neighbors in the adjacent room said to each other. And I could tell they were speaking at normal volume. We had those connecting doors, which are WAY too thin. I've had this problem at other new Holiday Inns. Sound is HUGE for comfort in my book, and fortunately I had earplugs... otherwise, I'd have been up as long as my neighbors were up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no neighbors! And as close as possible to a wireless router.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville? Share your experiences!