“Great stay for wedding!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Great stay for wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed here with my sister when we were in town for a wedding. We booked their cheapest room, a studio room, at a block rate of $89 (ended up being $99 after taxes/fees) which I thought was very reasonable considering how nice the place was. I expected the studio to be very small, but it wasn't. It had a pull-out couch, double bed (or maybe queen?), desk, coffee table, decent sized kitchen with regular-sized refrigerator and wolfgang puck coffee. It was very clean. I loved the free breakfast. I had eggs, fruit and coffee, but they also had waffles you could make, pastries, and other options like that. Check-out time wasn't until noon, which was nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 225 on the second floor, which was fine. No noise problems or any other problems.
Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Entire pool and spa area was being redone. That was a disappointent for the children.
Very good breakfast. Safe parking. Rooms have a full kitchen and plenty of space. Their 2 bed, 2 bath suites are even better. Nice outdoor space with basketball area. Beautiful location

Stayed April 2012
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Two nights in the 2 bedroom
Unit: 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining/ living area 3 tv.

This isn't a Westin (our favorite hotel chain) but the $250 night is certainly reasonable for the amount of space.

Room is nicely decorated but the bathrooms need repairs and updating. Towels are small. Free wifi. The beds are average, pillows are small.

Free breakfast and late afternoon snacks. It's what you would expect for free.

kids enjoyed the pool. There is even a basketball court-- FUN.
You can take a quiet walk around the lake. There was a momma duck that made a nest outside our window. So, momma and daddy were some extra entertainment.

Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012
Oshkosh, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

There are times that you need a hotel while working. This is the Best. They have nice water views, a Fitness Center, indoor pool, guest laundry, snack shop, an outdoor bar-b-que with a nice patio, free internet and a very comfortable lounge area. They not only have a complimentry breakfast but during the week they have nitely Welcome Home events with free appetizers soda, wine and beer. How can you beat that! The rooms were very spacious, clean and the complete kitchen made life so easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was totally satisfied with this hotel. My kids and I had two suites and they were so clean and well-stocked. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was much better than most hotel breakfasts. There were lots of choices and I appreciated having some hot choices.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Oakfield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife, my 4 year old daughter and I recently stayed here during the first week of March. The room itself and the breakfast in the morning were both nice. The pool on the other hand was like swimming in Lake Michigan. We called the front desk repeatedly every single day we were there to tell them that the pool was cold and that my daughter could only swim for about 10 minutes before turning blue! The first day they said they would fix it....didn't. After going in the pool area the second day, I noticed the air vents were blowing cold air! This was brought to their attention to which they did correct that, but still a very very cold pool. Finally the third day, a maintenance worker was there in the pool area and explained that they turn off the heater to the pool all night and don't turn it on until the morning. He said it would warm up in about 15-20 minutes.....it did not. Our final day there we went down to the pool area to once again see if they had fixed the problem. And once again, we were not surprised that it was not fixed. We swam for about 15 minutes before both my daughter and I were shivering before getting out. We had wanted to go in the whirlpool to warm up but the water was below the filter and there was dirt, junk and a spider floating around in it!

The girl at the desk when we left was actually very nice, helpful and apologetic. She said that the manager would be in at 2pm (on the 4th when we left) and that they would call us right away. She also said that they wouldn't charge our bill until we spoke to a manger to see what they could do for us for the inconvenience. It is now the 5th at 11am and I have yet to speak to a manager, and they charged our bill for the full amount. Besides the girl at the front desk when we left, there was no apology from any other member of the staff or any attempt to try to convince us to come back again.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel staff to see if the pool is indeed heated/working before making the reservation...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
I can understand your frustration and want to apologize. The issues regarding the pool I have been made aware unfortunately it wasn’t until after your departure. I assure a matter like this was corrected and all staff that worked over that weekend were addressed on what proper procedures should have be taken to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests. I know since your review has posted you have spoken with our Assistant General Manager, but if you would like to talk further with myself please feel free to contact me directly at (630) 978-2222

Susan Selim
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at Staybridge Suites on 02/16/12 - 02/17/12. When I got there, no one was at the reception desk and I had to wait a few minutes before someone came. I made my reservations online and requested a smoking room with double beds. They didn't have me in a smoking room and when I told the rep I could show her my reservation she said, "Well that isn't going to make the room magically appear." She gave us a room that didn't have double beds and when I opened the door a man was sitting on the bed. They gave us an occupied room. I went back to the desk and the rude rep was no longer there. The man at the desk gave us a different room. The ice machine in the fridge was broken, one remote control was missing batteries and the other one didn't work. The only good thing about the stay was when I checked out, the manager was there and took 50% off the bill because of the rude hostess.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give you is not to book a reservation here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Aurora/Naperville, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Please accept my sincerest apology for the service you received during your stay with us. I appreciate your feedback good or bad we can’t improve if were not informed. Please know your concerns will not be over looked and since your departure I have addressed your issues with both my managers and staff. If you would like to talk further please feel free to contact me directly.

Susan Selim
630-978-2222

Been to Staybridge Suites Aurora/Naperville? Share your experiences!