“You won't be disappointed” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Aurora, Illinos
“You won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am from California and have an office in Aurora. I read about this place and asked our operations lady if she had heard about it. I showed her the reviews and we all decided to try it, this was four months ago, today we just had our third great lunch here.

Good food with great flavor in a pleasant atmosphere, don't let the area or outside of the building deter you this is worth a try.

• Visited October 2012

Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling salesman eating in a different city every night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This little Mexican diner put out quality Mexican food. The drawback is there is no liquor license making it carry-out for most. I had an order of guacamole which was better than average to go with a carnitas a la mexicana which was very good. Another in the group has tacos which were authentic with cel intro and onion. The rice and beans were average. Service was a little slow which is not unusual in this ethnicity restaurant
I would reccomend more for lunch than dinner due to the atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have always gotten take out from this place but it is excellent. Food is authentic delicious and AFFORDABLE! Try it!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“OK, I admit, It was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We were in town recently and my brother, who worked in the area, suggested Taqueria Muniz. Being an avid Tripadvisor eatery researcher, I had my sights set on another Mexican restaurant touting the best margaritas. Not one to miss out on a chance to imbibe during dinner, I pushed my recommendation but eventually gave in to my younger, but not any less gastronomically inclined, sibling and boy was I glad I did! It must have been past 7pm when we arrived to find ample parking in front of this very casual spot. Not one to let neighborhood or décor stand between me and a great meal, we entered and asked the young woman at the counter about seating protocol and quickly took a table under the flat screen TV at the back of the room. If you are looking for a festive place with lots of color and wall art this isn’t the place but as we would soon find out if you are looking for authentic Mexican food served with a smile and on the cheap you couldn’t do better. Okay, they don’t serve alcohol but my adult sippy cup held a nice Argentinian malbec and as agreeable as they are I’m sure carry-ins wouldn’t be an issue. Settling on our entrees wasn’t hard with the easy to understand menu loaded with the usual tacos, burritos and enchiladas. The waitress quickly brought out two baskets of light and crispy chips and two bowls of spicy salsa and I ordered the carne asada 3 taco dinner with rice and beans. I’m still thinking about that salsa and only wish I would have taken more than a pint of it home. The tacos come with your choice of lettuce, tomato and cheese or cilantro and onion, which I chose. There is a squeeze bottle of homemade green and red sauce at each table which could have used a little more heat, but I like it hot. The kitchen is open to the dining room and our food arrived fast. My tacos were served on soft corn tortillas; the carne was tender and juicy, the cilantro and onions a nice touch. I could have made a meal of the cheese topped beans; they were that good, as was the rice. The waitress was so fast and unobtrusive that our drink refills seemed to arrive at the table magically. The rest of my family enjoyed their apps and entrees as well and the bill for 6 adults was negligible. Although the dining room only had a spattering of families come and go on the Wednesday night we dined, I’m sure the place does a brisk lunch business. I won’t hesitate to return when we are in town again. Although I rarely give up control when it comes to my culinary forages, and my picks are usually spot on thanks to Tripadvisor, I had to admit that my Brother definitely got this one right.

• Visited February 2012
Usa, Japan
“Best of the Great Aurora Mexican Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I think Aurora has the best Mexican restaurants.
But this place is my go to restaurant. Also when I meet people and we discuss favorite restaurants the Taqueria Muniz always seems to be mentioned first. They have a large assortment of menu items but no tamales and no alcohol. I think they make the best chips and salsa. They have absolutely the best service in this family run taqueria.
Posting a picture of one of my favorite items is the carne asada. But, I order tacos the most. often they are made from corn or flour totillas and an assortment of fresh ingredients.

This place is busy during lunch. This place is great at doing take-out.

• Visited February 2012