“Its true, life is great at super 8” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Aurora/Naperville Area

You added Super 8 Aurora/Naperville Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Aurora/Naperville Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4228 Longmeadow Drive, On Rte 34 Behind Honda, Aurora, IL 60504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
“Its true, life is great at super 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I travel a lot for business and whenever I'm out in that area I go out of my way to stay at super 8. Traveling so much can be lonely but when I walk into the lobby its like I'm walking into my home. The blonde front desk girl is always friendly and smiling. She makes sure that all the guests (not just me) feel welcomed. When I check in she goes out of her way to ask how my trip/weekend went. it's really those things that really matter to people on the road often. Its hard to get good customer service anywhere these days so its like a breathe of fresh air.
The hotel itself is also great. The mattresses are awesome, there are flatscreens in the room and the whole place has a clean feel to it. I actually walk around my room barefoot which I can't say about all places I stay at unfortunately. There is also coffee in the mornings which is great and they have french vanilla creamer so I can save a trip to the coffeehouse! Thank you super 8 and keep up the good work.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The front desk was so welcoming and friendly to me! I felt like I were at my own home. Anything I needed from extra coffee to a wake up call she was on top of it and made sure all my needs were met.
There is a country western bar walking distance from the hotel that was very nice so I didn't have to worry about paying for a taxi. The pool wasn't the biggest but it's a super 8 so it was just nice that they had one. It was nice to sit and relax in at the end of the night.
Although the hotel was sold out there was no noise problem any of the nights I stayed. I was always able to right to sleep with no problems. Everything in the room was always super clean and the room itself is very spacious.
This hotel is something to write home about, I'd suggest anyone in the Aurora-Naperville area to stay here. You can't beat the price, quality or how the staff makes you feel like you are at home!

Room Tip: The non smoking King room is an awesome room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hillsboro, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

For 6 years in a row we have stay at this hotel when in Chicago for the NASCAR race in Joliet. We have always been warmly received by the staff, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. I have stayed in other hotels that cost a lot more that didn't measure up to this place. We are about 35 minutes from the track which in racing circles is very close and do not have to pay $150 a night. So if you are a NASCAR fan going to Chicago consider this place. We will be staying here for as long as we attend the race.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a microwave and frig. Good place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed for two nights and it was a very pleasant stay. Room was very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Great location and close to shopping and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Tiny bathroom, but exterior sink made the morning rush smoother. Microwave & fridge are spectacular additions often not found at pricier hotels. Good A/C. Extensive cable list - far better than most hotels. Breakfast on a Sunday morning ends early - 9 AM - and was decimated when we arrived. Coffee kept flowing tho. Major drawback was walking THROUGH smoking corridor to get to our non-smoking room. Especially gross as smoking groups had their doors ajar. Hotel should rearrange rooms. Toiletries were okay, no lotion, just shampoo & conditioner. PLENTY of towels - nice touch. We would stay here again considering the price and convenience.

Room Tip: 3rd floor non-smoking rooms require walking through smoking corridors. Smoke was very evident in ha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were neat and clean. Breakfast was really basic but it did the job. My daughter and I thought the beds were comfortable and we slept great. The pool is super small but we didn't have time to use it. I would stay here next time I travel through.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I needed a room for one night so my son could rest the night before his football camp. It was an 8 hour drive for us.

Let me note: I usually stay at higher star hotels as I normally only need them when we are vacationing. If we were vacationing, I wouldn't even have considered this chain hotel. I want full service on a vacation.
This was however, perfect for my needs this time. I opted for this hotel based on reviews.

The hotel had clean, newer linens. Our room was extremely clean. It was quiet and we fell asleep before 10pm and didn't awake once.

The hotel was within 15 minutes of lots of restaurants (and if like Olive Garden, there is one less than 1.5 miles away) and 2 malls.

The staff was helpful when I asked about filling my sons huge thermos with ice.

The breakfast was a typical small continental type. My son enjoyed his cereal, banana and juice.
I would however, like to make a ( minor in my case) negative comment regarding the breakfast. (it's the only bad thing I could find to say)the bagels were moldy. They didn't look bad, until you got it on your plate. I will also say, it was 109 degrees...in the evening on the night we arrived!! Humidity and bread don't mix well, and I let thought it was a minor offense :)
Overall, I was very appreciative of finding such a great basic hotel and a great rate!

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Quality Inn
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Comfort Suites Aurora/Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville

Been to Super 8 Aurora/Naperville Area? Share your experiences!