“Awesome Swim Birthday Party Package” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Plano, Illinois
“Awesome Swim Birthday Party Package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Hampton Inn hosted my daughters 7 year old Birthday Swim Party with a large group of children and they all had a blast. Swimming, Private Area for Pizza, gifts, and cake - we couldn't have asked for a nicer event.

• Stayed April 2011
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you very much! We're glad you enjoyed our swim party package! We love hosting these for children and thier families. It's why we built our 6000 Sq. Ft. Pool Area! Remember us for all your other occasions as well. We do a great Family Friendly New Years Party for kids too!
Tom Stahl - Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

The service extended by the staff was outstanding. The Director of Sales Tom Stahl from my first contact , met all requests for the weekend . His staff far exceeded our expectations and made sure that the weekend event was a sucess.The catering and meal arranged was tremendous . Carlos was exceptional at the beverage bar . our guests were very happy .
I would recommend this hotel as one that should be rated 5 Star.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
rockypin, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We strive for 5 Star Hospitality for all our guests. It's nice to hear back that our goals are being met. I will pass on your appreciation to our staff. We look forward to serving you in the future. - Tom Stahl, Director of Sales
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel was nice and the pool area was one of the better ones in hotels we've stayed in. There are lots of families with small kids who come for the pool so it can get pretty loud in the hallways with kids yelling and crying both early and late. The room was very clean and comfortable. They have plug in internet access and no wi-fi. Bring your own breakfast or count on going out to eat. The breakfast food was extremely limited and very stale. I got a bagle that was worse than day old. Overall, this is probably the nicest hotel in the area if you are going to take advantage of their pool with kiddie area. The pool is pretty big and the hot tub one of the bigger of the hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

I travel a lot, and I stay with Hilton hotels and their affiliates most often. Therefore, I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inn & Suites in the past several years, as well as Hilton Garden Inns, Hilton Hotels, Homewood Suites, Doubletrees and Embassy Suite hotels. Usually the Hampton hotels cater to busy business travelers, and I much appreciated the upgrade to a suite as I had originally reserved a regular room. However, I was surprised to find that the desk was located in the bedroom instead of the living room, and that there were few areas to actually charge many of my electronics. I usually like to keep my cell phone close to my bed when traveling, but there was no outlet available, so I had to charge it across the room.

I did appreciate the kitchenette with microwave, fridge and coffeemaker, but even plastic utensils were hard to come by. Sporks don't work well with soup. Also, restaurant menus were limited, and the Italian restaurant I chose to order from had awful pizza. In fact, the pizza wasn't even done when it arrived. I was coming down with a cold at the time, so soup and tea were my best friends on this trip.

Most things about this hotel were fine, but the lack of charging locations did irritate me and that the desk was located in the bedroom. I also would like to complain about the lack of TV channels. As I was under the weather and the weather was literally very cold, I was not interested in exploring the area as I normally do when traveling and not working. I did watch a movie the evening I was ill; however, paying $13.99 for the movie seemed a bit steep.

One more thing...it was difficult to get the temperature to properly regulate between the bedroom and living space. I would have it set the same in both rooms, but one room would be warmer than the other.

All in all, the accommodations were fine, and I only had one incidence this time of demagnetizing my room key. That's why I usually get 2 when checking in...from now on, I will insist on it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel 6 separate times over a 6 week stretch for multiple days at a time. This place is a great place to stay. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The Pool is large and the staff is the best. They get to know your name to the point when you call over the phone to add or subtract a day, they know who you are by your name, not just your face. The continental breakfast is awesome, with something different every day of the week. My only complaint is that there are only about 20 stations on the TV to watch.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

My family had a wonderful time at the Hampton Inn in Aurora this past weekend!

The facility was clean and beautiful, our room was comfortable, the indoor pool was lots of fun, and the breakfast is the best I've seen at any hotel.

It was a memorable, close-to-home overnight!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

It was a 50th high school reunion, and we wanted everything to be perfect for the emotional occasion. And it was. The hotel gave us a cut rate for rooms for the out-of towners. The staff were very interested in us, and over the top in helpfulness and good humor. The main event was held in the hotel, with two large rooms dedicated to the 90 of us. They set the tables just as we asked, skirted the serving counter, and provided an absolutely delicious array of food. We had prepared a slide show of old pictures, and they put up a huge screen and worked very hard to make the DVD work in their equipment, taking all the worry on themselves. Everything was on time and accompanied by warmth and courtesy.
And the breakfasts were wonderful, and included in the price of the room
Tom Stahl and his staff exceeded our expectations by far. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora? Share your experiences!