“If you've been to one IHOP . . .” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Poplar Grove, IL
“If you've been to one IHOP . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This IHOP is similar to other IHOPs throughout the US. Consistent service, consistent quality. One thing i don't recall is the price. My three daughters and I had typical fare - one kids meal, three standard breakfasts - and the bill was over $50! I thought it was a mistake, but no. $3 for an apple juice! Thank goodness they didn't get refills.

Food was decent quality, served reasonably quickly. Our waitress was pleasant and worked well with my family. The location is convenient. I don't know that we'll be back anytime real soon, primarily because of the cost.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
“Happy birthday to me I guess..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

First of all I am giving them a 2 overall because they were able to accommodate our group last minute after plans at another establishment fell through.

I don't know if servers are not trained in how to handle a birthday party, but even the normal duties were lacking. The hostess was given my birthday cake and I guess did not inform the server of the cake or the fact it was my birthday.
First we never got refills on our drinks, eventually one of my friends requested a pitcher of water which we all used due to the lack of refills.
Our waiter seemed completely clueless, he kept asking us stupid questions and making rookie mistakes. He brought out only two appetizers, but he did not bring out any dipping sauces. Then he had to make 2 trips back to the kitchen for the 2 marinara sauces and 1 honey mustard sauce. Then I, the birthday girl received my food last when 2 people came an hour late to my party, and I was the 2nd person to order.
The last thing was he asked if we wanted dessert and I had to inform him we had a birthday cake. He then brought the cake, still in the box, to our table with no silverware. He then asked us, clearly seeing we had no plates or silverware, if we would like plates and silverware. He then that out and then we had to ask him if he could light the cake. He then came back with a lighter and had me light my own cake.
Also several people complained about their small portions. My one friend looked like she had a spoonful of eggs put on her plate.

I am surprised we were treated so poorly, we won't be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bay View, WI
“IHOP Never dissappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food is always good at IHOP. Very busy, but the manager had a handle on it. Bathrooms not very appealing.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Illinois, United States
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

For breakfast, it is okay. I much prefer 2 other restaurants in my neighborhood that Ihop but it will do from time to time.

Visited December 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“Horrible..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Cold pancakes that tasted as though they were pre-made and they didn't warm them up in the microwave the entire time. Very bad breakfast and not cheap.

Visited February 2012