“"An excellent ratio quality/price"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 West Algonquin Road, off I-90; exit at Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005   |
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Arlington Heights
Aubusson, France
“"An excellent ratio quality/price"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Warmful welcome from a friendly staff, clean room, silence for a good night after long hours of driving, not to far from a train station to join Chicago's center the morning after: all what I desired and needed. Thanks for keeping this level of price, so that cheap persons like me can afford a night in a big city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn twice in 2010, both times with a man that was not my husband yet, but is now. The hotel just reached out for my review this month, though, which I found odd. But what the heck, it sure is nice to reminisce.

The first time we stayed here was to find shelter during the Snowpocalypse. The second time was merely to shack up. We were looking for a cheap place with four walls, a roof, and a door that locked, and we found exactly what we'd hoped to find. The room was somewhat lacking in ambiance, but a few candles and a bottle of wine solved that problem right away.

Our one complaint would be that during the blizzard, the snow drifted right over the outside stairs, which made it somewhat treacherous to sneak out and have dinner during the storm, but it wasn't called the Snowpocalypse for nothing.

All in all, both stays were thoroughly mediocre, but what else would one expect from such an establishment? I slept quite poorly ;-) but the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

You get a really good price for a clean room, comfortable beds and pillows, and a decent bathroom. This has been consistent with all the other Red Roof Inns I've been staying in so far. Be sure to book directly with them via their website for the best pricing. I made a mistake of booking through one of those mass-hotel sites and ended up paying a little more than the discounted rates reflected on their own site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My room was clean and the staff was very friendly. There was not a lot of noise so it was good for sleeping. However, when I signed up for the room the advertizement on the Red Roof Inn website said "Superior King Room Non-Smoking - our Best Room with Free WiFi, Micorwave and Refrigerator, Free Long Distance, Larger work area and in Room Coffee. " I am assuming by King Room they meant that it had a King Size bed in a normal room, because the room wasn't that much bigger than their normal room, the larger work area, means a longer desk stuffed into a corner with no light, and the in room coffee ... well hopefully all you want is one small cup of coffee at a time., because it is a small one cup coffee maker. It did have a frig and microwave that worked and the WiFi was tolerable, although I didn't try to watch movies or play games online while I was there.

I found the heat in the room a bit odd. The heating units are up near the ceiling and are bit discolored. I am not a scientist, but I thought heat rose so wouldn't you want you heat on the floor and not on the ceiling.

One other thing - the listing says O'Hare Airport - I think that just means they are the closest Red Roof Inn to the Airport because they are 8 miles from the airport. So if you are wanting or needing to be close to O'Hare Airport, keep that in mind. It is not just next door or just down the rood a bit.

Overall, my stay was very good and I would come back again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ground floor is good if you don't want to do steps but it is noiser if you others around you. I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I loved staying here, room was comfortable, clean and the Representative was so friendly. she has a natural report with people that is just as beautiful as she is. The was so comfortable that I actually got some restful sleep. The hotel was very close to a lot of restaurants and shopping mall and movie theaters.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ft. Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Maria made the whole experience wonderful, being my first time to the area, she was able to give me the inside scoop on the area and made my travels easier with her knowledge of the area. You know you can tell a kind sole by the way they treat strangers, well Maria is a very very kind sole and a great shining star for Red Roof Inn, I will be back because of her. The other Maria in housekeeping was also wonderful! You got me Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for the Big King Room....that is awesome...or just ask for Maria.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Streamwood, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The room itself was very pleasant. The Opportunities are: I needed an iron and instead of them sending one up or having one in the room, I was required to hike all the way to the front desk to get an iron. My room was pretty far from the front desk. They do not offer any type of breakfast at all. I didn't know how to turn on the heat so I called the front desk and instead of them explaining to me how to turn the heat on. They gave me a different room which resulted in me having to hike back to the front desk. When I got into the 2nd room the guy still couldn't tell me how to turn the heat on. Eventually I found the thermostat that is seperate from the air conditioner unit. The unit in the wall was only fan and AC. It was an unpleasant inconvenient stay. However, the room was clean and smelled clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport

Address: 22 West Algonquin Road, off I-90; exit at Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Location: United States > Illinois > Arlington Heights
#1 Best Value Hotel in Arlington Heights
#3 Business Hotel in Arlington Heights
Hotel Class:2 star — Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport 2*
In a terrific suburban Chicago location, Red Roof Chicago-Arlington Heights/O’Hare is conveniently located off of I-90, just 2 miles from Woodfield Mall, 4 miles from Arlington Park Raceway, 6.8 miles from O’Hare Airport, 7 miles from Allstate Arena, 8 miles from Rosemont Arena, and near many restaurants and shops.
All rooms offer free WiFi and an in-room safe for a nominal fee. Selected rooms offer microwave and refrigerator - A nominal fee may apply; please inquire. Free coffeehouse-style coffee and tea. This location offers On Command Video with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome.
... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Roof Hotel Arlington Heights
Red Roof Inn Arlington Heights
Arlington Heights Red Roof Inn

If you own or manage Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.