“Nice with Some Special Touches” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, CA
“Nice with Some Special Touches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Guest rooms are large as are the baths. I had difficulty with my tv which did not want to functional. Lots of meeting space and a good bar and restaurant area. 24 hour vending machine did not work. The guest next door snored. It only bothered me when I woke up in the middle of the night.

Great staff at front desk, bar and restaurant.

Very good restaurant that makes its own wine is a 2+block walk away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CHIARDTAH, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have just updated all of our rooms to 42" HDTV's. In addition to vending areas on each floor, the hotel offers a 24 Hour Grab and Go Marketplace called Cravings. Cravings is located next to the pool. We also offer a Gift Shop in the lobby that offers snacks.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to welcome you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in on a trip to Mitsuwa. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Pleasantly surprised it was less expensive per night than the Holiday Inn express down the street.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for staying with and writing a review. As you noted, we are across the street from Mitsuwa Asian Marketplace. We are happy that you found our hotel to be a great value on your travels. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. I was in town for a wedding and the Doubletree was the hotel chosen for guests. I was staying in a two room suite with a few other people going to the wedding too. The check in process was very easy and the room was ready ahead of time. The room itself was nice and was clean. I’m definitely a bed bug checker! We utilized both beds and the pullout sofa bed in the first room. Beds were comfortable and the sofa bed was a sofa bed. The bathroom was connected to the sleeping room, rather than the main room, which seems strange, but it certainly was workable. The room itself was on the top floor of the hotel and facing the rear of the building: this meant hearing airplanes overhead and freeway traffic if you are a light sleeper. If that would be an issue, I would recommend asking about what room you would be placed in. I did not use any of the amenities in the hotel because we were out and about the majority of the time, but everything looked very nice. If I ever needed to be in the area again, I would have no issues to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor and at the back of the hotel are a little loud with the planes and freeway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review online. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay. We have three different suite categories, Deluxe, Executive, and Presidential. It sounds like you stayed in one of our Deluxe Suites, which does have the bathroom off the bedroom area, rather than the parlor area. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are back in our area.
atlanta GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

First room upon checkin only had 3 TV channels working, after unpacking everything I had to switch rooms as they couldn't fix it. New room had a desk lamp with 2 electrical outlets so I plugged my laptop and cell phone in to charge overnight and had a rude awakening when I found out the outlets didn't work! So they had to replace the lamp and offered me a free dinner in the restaurant for my troubles which turned out to be a $10. voucher which barely bought me 2 beers in the bar. Staff was very nice as were the rooms, very close to our corporate office and many restaurants. Wine and cheese reception on Mondays from 5:30 to 6:30.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the interstate as those rooms can be noisy during rush hours.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were inconvenienced while you were here. We will work with our maintenance team to ensure that all of our rooms are up to standard. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
La Grange Park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed overnight for a wedding and truly enjoyed it. Spacious room and quiet. Would recommend to all guests and I would come back again. When you initially get to the lot where the hotel is at, it may be a bit confusing, but the hotel is big enough where it's hard to miss.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and taking time out of your day to write a review. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are lucky that we get to share in the happiness of weddings every weekend as we are a popular location for wedding blocks. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again. Again, thank you for your business.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights while in town on business. One of the things I look for in a hotel is a place to maintain my exercise routine. The gym in this hotel was nicely equipped with decent equipment. Only on my last day did the gym get a little crowded so I guess it depends on timing. The indoor pool was also nice and enjoyable.

When I checked in, I got the customary cookie. I was happy to have a room on the first floor so there were no waits for the elevator. The only problem was being put in a room next to the elevator which also is the exit everyone used to go out for a smoke. It made for some minor disturbances so if you are a light sleeper. It wasn't enough for me to ask for a room change. I found the in room air conditioner to be more of a disturbance as it can get loud during the night.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. I was surprised to get turn down service every evening. Free internet is also great to have and should be expected in every hotel.

I did have breakfast every morning in the restaurant as it was included at no charge for Gold members. The selection was nice and I was happy to see fruit and cottage cheese. If I remember correctly, there was a Denny's just a short walk away from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The DoubleTree by Hilton in Arlington Heights, IL was a great find. We were looking for a hotel at the last moment and found this gem. It was 10 miles from O'hare. Close to restaurants and my bank. The room was great - very clean and comfortable. I always love the cookies from the DoubleTree. The staff that checked us in and out were very helpful and courtesy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!