“Overall good stay at the Doubletree” 4 of 5 stars

Family Fun
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Overall good stay at the Doubletree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

It was obvious that this hotel has had a recent makeover. They hotel felt new even though it has been there for a long time. They used a lot of nice finishes in the rooms and the room was generally comfortable. The sink did have some draining issues but nothing that was so horrible that made it unusable. I did report it to the staff on my way out so hopefully they addressed it.

The workout room had pretty new equipment but was a bit small - only 4 cardio machines and you pretty much had to get there ~5:45am to get one.

Also had the buffet breakfast (a gold Hhonors benefit) which was surprisingly well stocked. The restaurant also seemed like it had been renovated but the tables were a little worn and long in the tooth...probably should have replaced those too!

Overall a decent stay for the burbs!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the issue with your slow drain and appreciate you letting us know so we could fix it before a future guest experienced the difficulty you did. We log all repair requests when they are made and they are followed up on immediately by our Engineering Team.

Our Precor gym is a popular location in the hotel and one of the reasons we made it available 24 hours a day. Hopefully next time you come you are able to enjoy our outdoor walking path or our indoor pool.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast in Birch River Grill. I have shared your concern with regards to the tabletop and I am told we are in the process of finding a solution, hopefully we can have that fixed by the time you return.

Again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Took a little spring break trip for the kids. Hotel was great! It's nestled among the corp buildings so it was emptied out for the weekend. Nice and quiet! Pool was a nice size with the hot tub overflowing into it. It made the pool water a perfect temperature. It wasn't the newest or fanciest hotel I've ever stayed in, but it was well worth the price. My only beef, which I knew ahead of time and shouldn't be one, was there wasn't a mini fridge or microwave. Staff was great and so were the cookies!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and also for taking the time to post a review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you noticed the microwave that is available to all guests in Cravings, our 24 Hour Grab and Go Marketplace. While it is not in your room, it is available at any time. If you stay with us again, we do have a limited number of refrigerators available to rent for $10.00 per night. Another thing to consider is upgrading to one of our Executive Suites or Presidential Suites, as both of those suite types do include a refrigerator and microwave. Again, thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you and your family again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Hotel is very nice and staff is friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant was good, especially the Mac & Cheese, which I highly recommend if you're looking for comfort food. However, they offer an airport shuttle, and I waited over an hour at the airport for one to show up. After waiting 30 minutes, I phoned the hotel and they told me that they do not have a set schedule for the shuttle, but that one would not leave the hotel for at least another half hour. After a long day of delayed flights and missed connections, I was hungry and tired and cold (it was misting out) and I had to wait yet again, over an hour, for a ride to the hotel. If you're going to offer a shuttle, you should come by at least every 30 minutes. It's just not right to make your guests wait so long.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and also taking the time to review us online. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff and restaurant. The Mac & Cheese is very good and one of my favorites too. I am sorry to hear of your frustrations with the hotel shuttle service. The hotel does offer complimentary shuttle service in the local area and to and from O'Hare Airport, however it is subject to availability. This means, if the shuttle is available, we go! We unfortunately do not schedule pick ups in advance at the airport nor do we offer a set schedule to and from the airport. This information is listed on our website under the Features and Highlights section. I would welcome a chance to discuss with you a better way to express these services to future guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to give us feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Calumet Park, IL 60827
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

The personell @ DoubleTree was so, so,so,so nice and helpful. They made sure you were happy and they were johnnie on the spot with helping you. I like the warmth and friendlyness. We laughed and I had an small personal issue and the Hotel Manager that was on duty took excellent care of me. She didnt really have too but she did! I Thank DoubleTree for their time and efforts. I will come again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate the feedback and we are happy that you stayed turned out to be enjoyable. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to rate us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I have traveled back and forth from Canada many times and injoyed my stay with this fine hotel. And will continue to return to enjoy the kindness and
service that this hotel has to offer. From the front
desk all the way to the house cleaning staff. Good job to all.
My pleasure to say, THANK YOU.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I was struck by the cleanliness and freshness of the property. The checkin was friendly. The staff was universally pleasant. The bar staff in the restaurant equally so.

Room was spacious and comfortable. Bright bedside and work desk lighting, which is important to me. Bathroom clean and modern. Problem on second of two nights, I couldn't get the temperature below 75º F, despite the AC fan working ALL night long. Bad sleep, as a result. This, however, is a problem in most hotel rooms in which I stay.

Breakfast buffet at $15 was worth maybe $9. Burnt bacon, not a lot of variety.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Changeover in Sales & Catering has led to poor customer service. I have booked about 3-4 meetings here in the last three years, every one leaving me with a positive impression of the property, which is of course, why I keep coming back. However, I'm attempting to get things on track for a meeting I have planned there next month, and have been completely left in the dark. This sales rep leaves my emails unanswered, even when they are important ones, such as WILL YOU HAVE ENOUGH SLEEPING ROOMS? In 15 years of meeting planning, I've never had my group--no matter what size--treated like they mean absolutely nothing to the hotel. Never again. I'm just crossing my fingers that the September meeting goes well, and after that, never again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!