“Nice place, but I have to empty my car?!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Chicago Arlington Heights
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1415 West Dundee Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Marcellus, New York
“Nice place, but I have to empty my car?!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel, especially for the price, but I was warned upon checking in that I had to empty my car of all valuables. To me, this meant electronics and such, but when I mentioned the camping gear we had with us, the front desk suggested it should not be left as the Arlington police would likely ticket me if they saw it in the vehicle. Being that we were driving a van, there was no trunk to put it in, so I ended up lugging everything inside. Be forewarned if traveling heavy!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was my second stay when coming for a class reunion. I would definitely come again. Nice pool for a break.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bloomington, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this location twice a month for nearly 9 months while he traveled back and forth to Scotland. The location is great, very easy to find and parking has never been an issue. Breakfast is always prompt and well stocked. The rooms are usually quiet, even when the hotel is busy and the beds are comfy. The grounds are well maintained and the hotel itself is always very clean. If I may single out staff member Max, he has gotten to know my husband and I through the months and has provided us with EXCEPTIONAL customer service. Our hotel choice ended up always being at this location mainly because of Max and the other staff members. Throughout the recent months, we only had one complaint (a very noisy next door neighbor) but our room was immediately changed. Staff members really can make the difference in regards to a company's business and I truly hope Max is recognized for always providing customers with top notch service every single time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed with our 2 kids for 4 nights over 4th July break. Hotel is very clean, staff very friendly. Asked for extra towel, was delivered in bag (2 towels, small towels, shampoo). Free breakfast is a help while traveling, saves time. Pool looked extremely inviting (view from our window), but we couldn't get to using it. Would have been great: very hot week (2012 July 4th in Chicago broke heat records).

Things I would change:

Lousy coffee. Ended up going to Starbucks. Left them feedback at the front desk as well as on their website. Lets see what happens.

Free shampoo is bad, they don't give out conditioner or lotion. We bought our own.

They don't have 2 queens at this location: more challenging now that our kids are older.

Would definitely use again if they offered two queens or weren't traveling with kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

They upgrade my stay without my asking. A clean, comfortable king bed awaits me after an easy check in by the polite staff at the desk. They call me by my name Ms. L...... or Miss Laura....... with courtesy and sincere respect.
The room is spotless, cool , and a treat with bottled water are on the desk. I usually stay here when I am visiting family and the teen niece and nephews stay up all night , with a noisy dog... I stay at LaQuinta in Arlington Heights where I know I will have a calm, undisturbed sleep. Thank you....................Miss Laura

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Chicago Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!