“Nice place - awful staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights

You added Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 South Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
West Kelowna, Canada
“Nice place - awful staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2006

As many other tripadvisor readers I took advice gained from here and booked my room at the Holiday Inn Express in Arlington Heights. I was going to a conference that was down the road at the Doubletree. Since the reviews for the Doubletree were a little sketchy I went ahead with the Holiday Inn. Amersuites was directly across the street but didn't advertise a shuttle for O'hare and that was important to me.
The Holiday Inn itself is very nice - good clean building, nice big, clean rooms and nice breakfast. The problem is the staff and the shuttle. Whenever you require the complimentary shuttle your made to feel like there doing for you as a personal favour. The front counter girls are never happy for the three days I was there. They simply appeared to not like their jobs and reflected that everytime I needed the front desk.
I took cabs more than the shuttle because the two shuttle drivers I had were put off by my requests. My $5 per trip tip must not have been sufficient. In the end Amersuites across the street looked pretty darn good. NOW here's the clincher. The Doubletree where all my associates stayed just completed a renovation and was just GORGEOUS. I spent three full days there for my conference and was sooo jealous. I saw one of the rooms and it was very nice - I was told about the efficiency of the shuttle and the pleasant staff. I needed the Doubletree front desk on two occasions and they were cheerful. Back at my Holiday Inn the front desk staff spent most of their time watching tv in the office - do youself a favour and don't interrupt them - they'll make you feel awful.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Regina - Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2006

We stayed here one night in January 2006. We had attended a wedding in Northwest Indiana, and wanted a room for one night near O'Hare as we had a 7 AM flight out the next morning.
This Holiday Inn Express was excellent. Very clean and modern. The room was huge and very quiet.
We left before the free breakfast was put out, so I can't comment on it.
We got the Entertainment Club rate of $57. This hotel was excellent value.

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2003

We stayed three nights this past week. We were extremely pleased by the cleanliness and terrific staff. Continental breakfast was great and staff kept the area breakfast area well stocked and spotless. Great location for NW suburbs.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!