As many other tripadvisor readers I took advice gained from here and booked my room at the Holiday Inn Express in Arlington Heights. I was going to a conference that was down the road at the Doubletree. Since the reviews for the Doubletree were a little sketchy I went ahead with the Holiday Inn. Amersuites was directly across the street but didn't advertise a shuttle for O'hare and that was important to me.
The Holiday Inn itself is very nice - good clean building, nice big, clean rooms and nice breakfast. The problem is the staff and the shuttle. Whenever you require the complimentary shuttle your made to feel like there doing for you as a personal favour. The front counter girls are never happy for the three days I was there. They simply appeared to not like their jobs and reflected that everytime I needed the front desk.
I took cabs more than the shuttle because the two shuttle drivers I had were put off by my requests. My $5 per trip tip must not have been sufficient. In the end Amersuites across the street looked pretty darn good. NOW here's the clincher. The Doubletree where all my associates stayed just completed a renovation and was just GORGEOUS. I spent three full days there for my conference and was sooo jealous. I saw one of the rooms and it was very nice - I was told about the efficiency of the shuttle and the pleasant staff. I needed the Doubletree front desk on two occasions and they were cheerful. Back at my Holiday Inn the front desk staff spent most of their time watching tv in the office - do youself a favour and don't interrupt them - they'll make you feel awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights Hotel is the place to be and the best choice in a suburban Chicago hotel! We are perfectly situated in the Northwest suburbs and conveniently located near O Hare International Airport, Rosemont Convention Center, Elk Grove Village, Allstate Arena, OSHA Training Facility, Panasonic, IBM, Motorola, SBC, Honeywell, United Airlines Headquarters, Kintetsu, Mitsuwa Japanese Market and more! Location is only one of the many perks at this Arlington Heights Hotel. Each of our 125 deluxe beautifully appointed guest rooms includes amenities such as complimentary high speed Internet access, premium cable TV with HBO and PPV movies, free local calls, hairdryer, the updated Simply Smart Holiday Inn Express bathrooms and bedding collection. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure you will find that the Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights has everything you need and more. We offer a complimentary shuttle service during the weekdays to local business and O Hare International Airport, 24 hour fitness center, 3 meeting rooms, a 24 hour business center and more. In the morning we will have your mouth watering at our complimentary Hot Smart Start Express Breakfast Bar where we serve a variety of hot and cold breakfast items. This Arlington Heights hotel is simple proof that comfort and a great location does not have to come at a high price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights Hotel Arlington Heights
- Holiday Inn Arlington Heights
- Arlington Heights Holiday Inn