“Minutes from Metra Line” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights

You added Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 South Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Maui, Hawaii
“Minutes from Metra Line”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Jump on the Metra to catch a Cubs game. Drops you off a 1/2 block from the stadium. Approx. 30 minute ride into downtown Chicago. Hotel was close to a lot of popular restaurants. Gino's East was a few blocks away. I would stay here again, good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Go Cubs! Thank you for your response. We are such a great option for those coming to see the Cubs games. I am so happy to see that everything worked so well for you and we look forward to having you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Marshfield, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Got an early check-in for my room at a moderate rate but the double bed I had was uncomfortable to sleep on. But I definitely expected better on that note for a Holiday Inn Express. However, the free shuttle to the CTA Train at O'Hare is an excellent service from this location. Overall, a good experience though.

Room Tip: Be mindful of the sleeping experience there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad to see that you had a good stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you found the double bed uncomfortable. We do have rooms with king beds that could be an option for you in the future. It seems as though you found the shuttle very convenient and we do have a lot of guests that find the shuttle a great option to downtown from our hotel! We are a great value for those visiting the city!
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is an excelent hotel if you dont want spend a lots of money, It is 15 minutes far from the Ohare airport with shuttle service free, I went to downtonwn from there every day using the shuttle service and calling then back when I needed them to pick me up. (this service go only to aiport or 5 miles away)

Very nice breakfast included with japanese food, staff is very nice and helpfull.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hello! Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad to hear you had a great experience with us. We sure are a great option for those visiting the city of Chicago!

Happy travels and we hope to see you again soon!
Fairland, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was very easy to commute from and the staff tried to accomodate with any way they could. Rooms are nice with an excellent breakfast bar to get our morning started. The best value near Chicago.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We do have a great location and I am very glad to hear that it worked well for you. See you again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

So ..we got this hotel in lucky draw via Hotwire. Initially I was happy that good I got Holiday Inn..based on their reputation ..So I called the same day after getting confirmation from Hotwire and I requested for rollaway bed because I was travelling with me 2 kids ,I was told in first call that call the day when your are checking -in. I told them why don't you enter my request in system and I will call you again..but no staff was in so hurry that she hang up ..ohh well ..Next morning I was in Chicago and I called again in morning and request staff to have a rollaway bed in my room because I was planning to check-in very late..again I have been told we haven't allocated the room ..please call after sometime..well you are visiting chicago but I have to call again..and I did call again in evening ..and I have been confirmed that yes we'll make sure you have rollaway bed in your room ..I told her that please I will be checking in late to please make sure it's there when I come..she said done.
Well I came 1:30 am and got my keys and as expected no rollaway bed in my room..I went straight to front desk and asked ..that I called 3 times in 2 days and have been requesting this and still not there..I ask would you please send someone with rollaway bed in my room...well he said I will be sending someone. ..waiting started ..it's 2:15 a.m ..again I went front office..please I need to sleep ..He told me sorry we don't have any more...well I asked what I should do..he has no answer ..I asked if anything you can do ? sorry sir..I waited 5 minutes may be something can be done...2:45 a.m I had to sleep on the floor ..I don't want me kids to be in floor ..So that's the story of this so called "Holiday Inn". So if you wanna sleep in floor then it's very good hotel ..:)
They don't even have courtesy to call me next day ..for this..I am very simple person and don't expect too much from hotels ..but this was such a bad experience that I don't have more words to explain..!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience with our hotel. We really strive to make every guest’s stay a great one and I am very saddened to see that we have let you down. I can very much understand your frustration with not receiving the rollaway bed that you requested. I have shared this feedback with all of the appropriate staff members and we have reviewed the procedures we follow to ensure that something like this never happens again in the future.

I would love to have you back to the hotel. We would really like the opportunity to show you that we do an excellent job taking care of our guests and we will not let you down. If you would contact me directly I will gladly get you set up with a room for a future stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

Regards,
Katie Dinkens
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Excellent service and decent location. This hotel is located near a Japanese shopping center and the hotel seems to cater to their needs. There was always freshly steamed rice in a rice cooker during breakfast. They also laid out a variety of Asian condiments to enjoy with the rice. All in all, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was well stocked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback! We sure do love our location being right across the street from Mitsuwa Marketplace. It is very convenient to visit! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially the breakfast. We look forward to having you back in the future!

Happy Travels!
Katie Dinkens
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Everything was good here on a Sat night stay. Room & dining area spotless. Pool is on the small side. The ladies who kept the breakfast bar going the worst of Sunday morning rush hour did an awesome job keeping things stocked and tidy,

Room Tip: You can hear some O'Hara plane noise, but it wasn't too bad. About 4 miles off end of runway...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!