“Great Value, Spacious Room, Convenient Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Troy, Michigan, United States
“Great Value, Spacious Room, Convenient Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great value!

Location/Parking: About 10 mins drive from O'Hare. It doesn't offer airport shuttle but parking is free. Plenty of food options within walking distance - right across Mitsuwa Japanese market which includes a nice food court, 1 block from Meijer's and casual dinings like Chiptole, Starbucks, Five Guys etc.

Room: Staff upgraded me to a suite - very spacious and comfortable room, clean and nicely furnished. Nice view of the courtyard.

Lobby: Newly renovated, cozy & chic.

Service: Very friendly staff.

Facilities: Has a gym, standard pool and whirlpool, and an on-site casual restaurant.

Room Tip: If you travel with a lot of luggage - get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Knapweed,
Oh là là cozy & chic!!! I absolutely agree. I literally feel prettier walking across that beautiful modern lobby. It was our pleasure to welcome you here. Thank you for your great review. Please visit us again.
...... Maybe during Mitsuwa summer festival?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
schaumburg, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a great property and very friendly staff. We had many family members in town for a family funeral, the hotels staff was so great to work with, they were able to block family members near each other on the floors. The rooms were clean and newly decorated. The hotels lobby and fireplace set off a great atmosphere for sitting and spend time with loved ones. We also liked the small TVs in the restaurant booths, a nice added touch for those single travelers. I've work in the hotel industry for over 25 yrs and can honestly say when we have friends & family come from out of town, this Courtyard is our number one pick, it's all about the staff making you feel at home.

PE - Schaumburg, IL

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear pam e,

It is a great compliment to be recognized by a guest who visited us during such a difficult family time. I am glad that we were able to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while my wife and I were in town stuffing our faces with Chitown's delicious food and visiting friends/family. When we checked in, we were promptly greeted with a smile and welcome from the desk agent (I'm sorry, I forgot her name). Upon getting to our room, we turned on the TV and found that almost none of the channels were working. I called down and asked her if there was something wrong and she reminded me how bad it was snowing out and how it affects their dish system. She apologized and even insisted on comping a movie for us for the inconvenience.

The breakfast attendant was great too... such a wonderful person to enjoy our first meal of the day with.

We also learned that the hotel was about three weeks into their new lobby and it was BEAUTIFUL. The whole property, especially the rooms, were so clean, it brought me back to my military days of getting the nooks and crannys with a toothbrush. (Many kudos to the housekeeping department too!!!)

I can't wait to visit Chicago again. I won't even consider another hotel as this is my new home-away-from-home.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are always a plus!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TheItalian503,
I shared your comment with my housekeeping staff. It was actually quite funny as many of us were born abroad and for better understanding, I had to demonstrate cleaning “nooks and crannys with a toothbrush”. The entire staff was laughing but I could easily notice pride as well. We will keep it up! Please come back to check on my promise :)
Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night but arrived before dinner so we could enjoy the pool and hot tub. This area was nice, clean and very cold. The hot tub was used very much but the kids loved the pool despite the cool area in the room. We were the only ones in this area all night and we enjoyed dinner by the pool too. The room was nice and clean and I also used the fitness room. It was a very nice hotel all around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Shari H!
I’m glad that the kids were able to enjoy the hotel despite of the cold. During very low temperatures we occasionally struggle with keeping up coziness in the pool area.

Summer is just around the corner and we plan to upgrade all pool and outdoor furniture creating cozy atmosphere with outside sofas and armchairs. We will post pictures as soon as we will decide on a perfect set!
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business last week. Lobby is under renovation and the entrance is on the east side. The renovation doesn't really impact your stay as the rooms are all news and updated. The staff here is very friendly and so helpful. The front desk clerk and lady in the breakfast room are great.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Musky480,
Thank you very much for your kind words and recognizing our efforts. Renovation time at the hotel is never easy so we truly and greatly appreciate that you took your time to notice how hard we try .
I would like to officially inform you that today we moved our Front Desk back to the main lobby and we had a pleasure to welcome our guests at the front door! Although we are still working on many areas of the hotel, IT IS the tail end of our renovation!
St. Francisville IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed here several times when my daughter's house was full. I couldn't have asked for better or friendlier service, cleaner room and bathroom, and overall quiet, privacy, and comfort. The breakfast bar is always excellent, although priced separately. You receive your full money's worth in terms of a hot breakfast and great service. The last time I stayed, renovations were taking place and in no way was I ever inconvenienced. The mattress, bedding, carpet, bathroom floor, and fixtures were immaculate and brand spanking new. I love it here. Also I had the senior citizen's rate which was unbeatable.

Room Tip: If you are a senior citizen, ask for the special rate specifically when making a phone reservation...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear annie48689,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel over and over … It is a great pleasure to welcome a guest that stays with us repeatedly. Our new lobby is just about to be finished so when you will visit us again we will start with “ Remember when you had that green carpets….” Visit us again!!! I hope that you will enjoy our new breakfast as much as you did the buffet.
F'burg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent a week at this Courtyard. The staff could not have been more helpful, from the front desk to the breakfast servers. There was a glitch in our reservations which the staff worked hard to iron out, even staying late to be sure that it was resolved smoothly. We enjoyed the pool, too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear nanacake,
A WEEK!!! We are a family now! We do continue renovating your “Home away from home” and I have to say that every day we are getting prettier. We all loved our old hotel but new decor is simply making us all more cheerful. Thank you so much for your kind review and I hope that you will visit us again to check if we keep up with customer service :)

Been to Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South? Share your experiences!