“Great Property!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Portland, OR
“Great Property!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while my wife and I were in town stuffing our faces with Chitown's delicious food and visiting friends/family. When we checked in, we were promptly greeted with a smile and welcome from the desk agent (I'm sorry, I forgot her name). Upon getting to our room, we turned on the TV and found that almost none of the channels were working. I called down and asked her if there was something wrong and she reminded me how bad it was snowing out and how it affects their dish system. She apologized and even insisted on comping a movie for us for the inconvenience.

The breakfast attendant was great too... such a wonderful person to enjoy our first meal of the day with.

We also learned that the hotel was about three weeks into their new lobby and it was BEAUTIFUL. The whole property, especially the rooms, were so clean, it brought me back to my military days of getting the nooks and crannys with a toothbrush. (Many kudos to the housekeeping department too!!!)

I can't wait to visit Chicago again. I won't even consider another hotel as this is my new home-away-from-home.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are always a plus!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear TheItalian503,
I shared your comment with my housekeeping staff. It was actually quite funny as many of us were born abroad and for better understanding, I had to demonstrate cleaning “nooks and crannys with a toothbrush”. The entire staff was laughing but I could easily notice pride as well. We will keep it up! Please come back to check on my promise :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night but arrived before dinner so we could enjoy the pool and hot tub. This area was nice, clean and very cold. The hot tub was used very much but the kids loved the pool despite the cool area in the room. We were the only ones in this area all night and we enjoyed dinner by the pool too. The room was nice and clean and I also used the fitness room. It was a very nice hotel all around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Shari H!
I’m glad that the kids were able to enjoy the hotel despite of the cold. During very low temperatures we occasionally struggle with keeping up coziness in the pool area.

Summer is just around the corner and we plan to upgrade all pool and outdoor furniture creating cozy atmosphere with outside sofas and armchairs. We will post pictures as soon as we will decide on a perfect set!
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business last week. Lobby is under renovation and the entrance is on the east side. The renovation doesn't really impact your stay as the rooms are all news and updated. The staff here is very friendly and so helpful. The front desk clerk and lady in the breakfast room are great.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Musky480,
Thank you very much for your kind words and recognizing our efforts. Renovation time at the hotel is never easy so we truly and greatly appreciate that you took your time to notice how hard we try .
I would like to officially inform you that today we moved our Front Desk back to the main lobby and we had a pleasure to welcome our guests at the front door! Although we are still working on many areas of the hotel, IT IS the tail end of our renovation!
St. Francisville IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed here several times when my daughter's house was full. I couldn't have asked for better or friendlier service, cleaner room and bathroom, and overall quiet, privacy, and comfort. The breakfast bar is always excellent, although priced separately. You receive your full money's worth in terms of a hot breakfast and great service. The last time I stayed, renovations were taking place and in no way was I ever inconvenienced. The mattress, bedding, carpet, bathroom floor, and fixtures were immaculate and brand spanking new. I love it here. Also I had the senior citizen's rate which was unbeatable.

Room Tip: If you are a senior citizen, ask for the special rate specifically when making a phone reservation...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear annie48689,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel over and over … It is a great pleasure to welcome a guest that stays with us repeatedly. Our new lobby is just about to be finished so when you will visit us again we will start with “ Remember when you had that green carpets….” Visit us again!!! I hope that you will enjoy our new breakfast as much as you did the buffet.
F'burg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent a week at this Courtyard. The staff could not have been more helpful, from the front desk to the breakfast servers. There was a glitch in our reservations which the staff worked hard to iron out, even staying late to be sure that it was resolved smoothly. We enjoyed the pool, too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear nanacake,
A WEEK!!! We are a family now! We do continue renovating your “Home away from home” and I have to say that every day we are getting prettier. We all loved our old hotel but new decor is simply making us all more cheerful. Thank you so much for your kind review and I hope that you will visit us again to check if we keep up with customer service :)
Neptune Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

While I stayed oly one night, the room was very comfortable and spacious. Even two doors down from the elevator, I barely heard anything through the night. Breakfast the next morning was not complimentary and a little overpriced ($8.95 for continental or &10.95 for anything hot). There's a Denny's across the street...a Grand Slam is always a good deal.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bryan S,
I have to agree that a Grand Slam is always a good deal! We are very fortunate that Denny’s is within a walking distance from our hotel. Over years our facilities became good partners! But watch out Denny’s gals – our BISTRO is opening soon …..

Bryan, Thank you for your review. I hope that you will visit us again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stay at dozens of Courtyards around the world, and can say that this one has a great location (I-90 and ORD), but is definitely showing its age. The rooms are the older Marriott Courtyard style as is the hotel itself. When I stayed they indicated that they will go through the "Bistro" conversion next year and will have rooms renovated this year. But for my stay I can only review what i saw which is a Courtyard that has potential, but does not have the care and feeding that Marriott should be giving it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear TCPDump,

Thank you very much for talking your time to post a review :)

WE ARE FINALLY RENOVATING!
When visiting us again you will notice that all rooms have new carpet, window treatments, mattress, sofa bed, chairs and many other details. By January 15 2013 our lobby will transform into the new Courtyard Refreshing concept. New breakfast with Starbucks coffee and dinner service is coming soon. Oh – do not forget to stop by for a glass of wine or Sapporo in our new BISTRO!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - A...
#5 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 363 reviews
La Quinta Inn Chicago Arlington Heights
La Quinta Inn Chicago Arlington ...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 221 reviews
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 76 reviews
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 251 reviews
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 133 reviews
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#2 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 225 reviews

Been to Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South? Share your experiences!