“clean serviceable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Morton, Illinois
“clean serviceable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

this is by no means a 4-star hotel, but it is very serviceable. We stayed there for a wedding and had no problems at all. We arrived at noon (check-in is at 3) and had no problems getting into our room then. Very comfortable bed, room was small, but good enough for the amount of time we actually spent in it. It is close to many restaurants and shopping. We would stay there again if we were in the area. We did not go to the breakfast, which is not included unless you purhase a package with it. We looked and the buffet was very standard, but not worth the $10.95 they were asking for it.

Overall this was a clean and comfortable room and hotel and was perfectly fine for what we needed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I used my reward points for this motel. It is very nice and the staff was very pleasant. Not all reservations include breakfast. Be careful to include it in your reservation or plan to go elsewhere for breakfast.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I guess it was okay, It was clean and in a safe area. But I guess I was expecting more than what was there.

Check In:
Went smooth, I showed up late at night for a wedding in October. Got in about 2 am and the staff lady was very nice.

Room:
The room was very clean. But just out dated to say the least. As soon as you walk into the room the bathroom is on the left. then the walk way to the bed area was quite narrow. The bed was clean and comfortable. The Carpet was clean and the smell was pleasant in the room.

The TV was the old fashion type of tv, I'm not really complaining but it was on this real cheaply built swivel deal on the desk. I really didn't feel comfortable with it out. No Fridge or Microwave in the room either (king room with couch)

No vending machines, you had to purchase drinks from the front desk clerk.
Wireless internet didn't work well for me. I think it was a User error. (I had homework to do)

Breakfast wasn't free, I was just surprised that they charged for breakfast. They did have scrambled eggs and bacon but the rest of it was just like any other hotel. It wasn't worth $10.

Overall the hotel was clean and safe. It was just out dated and stuck in the late 80's or 90's in style with wallpaper and the carpets.

I would take a hotel that is clean and safe and live without Vending Machines or free breakfast.

If I were in the area again I would probably look for a different hotel or a better value. But if it were between this or a days in or something along the lines of that I would choose this hotel.

Clean and safe is more important than $10 or $20 to me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Booked this hotel to celebrate my hubbys 55th BDay after I purchased tickets to Arlington Parks Roctoberfest. The staff here is awesome and will go above and beyond for you. Upon arrival at 11:00am we were given our room (check in is at 3PM) and the shuttle driver Enrique was waiting to drive us to the track. Once at the track, Enrique told us to call him when we wanted him to pick us up. We called him when were done for the day and he arrived withing 10 minutes and then drove us to a sports bar he recommended near the hotel so we could have a bite to eat. Upon finishing at the sports bar, we called Enrique and 5 minutes later he was there to pick us up and return us to our room. Breakfast was included with our stay and we even ordered omlettes. The server Norma was awesome and couldnt do enough for you. I will definitely return to this hotel without a doubt. Thank you to all the Marriott staff for making our stay a ver pleasant one.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Recently stayed at this property where I found the front desk reception to be pleasant and helpful.

Room was nice - a little akward configuration because you walk in and on your immediate left is the bathroom. Beyond that at the end of the hallway is the bed with the wardrobe immediately on your right. So, slightly narrow but completely doable.

Slept fine on the bed and internet connectivity worked well.

Breakfast the next morning was acceptable. I ordered from the grill, not the buffet. Not sure if it would make a difference.

All in all, it suited my purposes of business travel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We were in the area and stayed because we wanted to visit Arlington Park race course. This is a nice hotel for the cost conscious traveler. The staff was GREAT! I asked the desk clerk a lot of questions about the area (where to eat, play) and she was very helpful. They also shuttled us to and from the racetrack, which is about 5 miles away. The room and facilities were on par with the rate. The only negative aspect of our stay was the uncomfortable bed - my back's still a little stiff.

Bottom line: If I'm in the area again for only a night or two, I'll stay here. Longer stay.... don't think so.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

Staff permitted a large alcohol party in pool area which was very disruptive for other guests staying at the hotel - attendees of the out of control party harassed other guests. Lukewarm response from hotel management and Marriott Corporate offices leaves doubts this kind of situation is not a normal course of business for this hotel. I don't see staying at this hotel unless there is significant change.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington Heights
La Quinta Inn Chicago Arlington Heights
La Quinta Inn Chicago Arlington ...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 223 reviews
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 134 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - A...
#5 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 364 reviews
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 252 reviews
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Deer Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect

Been to Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North? Share your experiences!