“Stayed in worst places” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights

Save Saved
You added Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights to your Saves list
Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2111 South Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4105 (Formerly AmeriSuites Chicago Arlington Heights)   |
Ranked #8 of 10 hotels in Arlington Heights
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“Stayed in worst places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I will start with all the good things before getting into some of the things that are questionable. First off the staff was friendly or at least was always friendly to us. I also want to say that the free breakfast that comes with the stay is also very good. Has hot items such as sausage patties, toast, and waffles. It also had hard boiled cold eggs, cereal, and some fruit. Certainly was plenty of options for a free buffet. It also seemed to be in a safe area so that is a plus. I also want to mention that this certainly is a budget option and for the money it does offer good value.

The things that are concerning is that has been some clear water damage to the ceilings and walls of the room we were in. The tile in the bathroom was stained. Having said that the room was comfortable and spacious so you can add that to the positives.

Overall if they did some upkeep on the rooms this would be a great place to stay instead of just average, especially for the price they offer rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Freinds were comming in from out of town and wanted a place to stay in the area but close to RT94. I visited them and found this property to be absolutely terrible. People were "hanging out" in the small lobby. It seemed that manay of them were not even guests of the hotel. The room itself was very small, not lighted well at all, and very noisy. The hallways were dark and dirty. The bathroom had one bath and one face towel in it and thet were badly worn out. The furniture, carpeting and wall coverings were very old and somewhat dirty. I would only stay here if there was absolutly no place else , anywhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

It was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. You had your own fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast was good consisting of biscuits and gravy, belgium waffles, cereal, breads,yogurt etc... The staff was friendly and accommodated are needs. Great place

• Stayed March 2014
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Me and my friend stayed here on a shopping trip to Chicago. We booked through Expedia but when we arrived the lady at the front desk charged us for our room. We booked a double queen but when we got to our room it was a king. We went back down to the front desk and the girl told us that they had messed up our reservation. She gave us our money back and put us in a double queen. The room smelled really musty, there was stains on my pillow, dirt marks on the ground, duct tape on the back of the remote, holes in the carpet, cracks in the tile. The hotel was very very old and in need of some serious renovations. The walls were very thin, from our room we could here the traffic as if the windows were open which made it very hard for us to sleep. Our rate was 67 on Expedia but it should've been much lower for the condition of our room. There is a Holliday Inn and another hotel across the street that I much rather have stayed at, I do not recommend this hotel and I will never stay here again next time I come up to Chicago!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
West Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Arrived to a wonderful front desk clerk who checked us in very quickly. Very large suite with extra comfortable bed. Fitness center was awesome. Pool was great! Breakfast was delicious. Very close to lots of great food!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

American Airlines sent me to this hotel to compensate for their atrocious service and for the fact that I was left stranded in Chicago rather than on my way to Japan (but that's another story). They told me to wait for the free shuttle at door number 1 in the airport shuttle area (which is correct), but what I was not told was that you have to call to request the free shuttle service as it does not run regularly. I waited over an hour to discover this and had to return to the AA counter, and then I had to wait another hour for the shuttle to arrive.

Anyway, after waiting a total of two and a half hours for the shuttle, I finally arrived at the hotel. The man at the counter was very friendly and apologized for the waiting time. He gave me some restaurant/delivery advice and explained how to get to downtown Chicago (which seemed a lot more complicated than what the hotel's Website claims), so if this is your purpose the hotel's location is not all that great unless you have a car (I guess).

Overall, the hotel was absolutely fine for one night. Staff was friendly, and even though the room was a bit dated with an old TV and carpeting everywhere, it was big and clean, and the bed was comfortable. It felt a bit like I was staying at my grandmother's but without the company. There are also a few restaurants and stores nearby, but nothing especially exciting to do if you don't have a car.

The morning shuttle service, which I had booked the night before, was fine and on schedule and the friendly and talkative driver dropped me off right at the airline check-in counter.

Overall, this hotel is fine if you have an early flight and good value for the price. It is not a good option if you're planning on visiting Chicago and the airport shuttle service could be simpler and more efficient (MAKE SURE YOU CALL TO REQUEST THE SHUTTLE).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights

Address: 2111 South Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4105 (Formerly AmeriSuites Chicago Arlington Heights)
Location: United States > Illinois > Arlington Heights
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 10 hotels in Arlington Heights
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jameson Suites Of Arlington Heights Hotel Arlington Heights
Jameson Hotel Arlington Heights

If you own or manage Jameson Suites of Arlington Heights, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.