“Much better the second time” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Much better the second time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I remember coming here about 5 years ago and our meal then was marred by a raucous group of women. This time, we arrived around 5:00 PM on a Saturday night and were seated in a back room, that was empty at first but filled up as the evening progressed. The service was excellent and the food was very good - as with all tapas places, we liked some dishes better than others. We skipped the paella (about $30 for 2) since you can get 3 different tapas for that price. We were not economizing but it is fairly easy to run up a $100 bill for two (we had 2 drinks, 2 soups, 4 tapas, 2 desserts and 2 cappuccinos).

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

everywhere
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Now this was my second time visiting this restaurant...The first time was a business dinner in Oxford, UK...this time was with friends....and the experience was really different..both times were great...but there was live music, the table was only a 4-top so it was easy to see all the dishes...there was olives and cheeses and seafoods and roasted veg.... All very generous portions and the wait staff was very nice and attentive.
The pitcher of sangria was really delicious as well.

I did notice another table getting the paella and that's definitely on my list for my third visit....

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stopped in here on a Monday around 5pm so it was slower than what I've seen on the weekends but there were other diners there. This was our first time trying tapas and our waiter took the time to explain the meals and the ordering. We took our time and enjoyed every selection. Our favorite was the scallop dish. I still think about it and can't wait to go back for more! We loved the portions and enjoyed trying lots of small things rather than one overwhelming dish. The atmosphere was enjoyable. The prices were reasonable. Not sure I could get used to wine in little "jelly" glasses but I suppose that's authentic. We will definitely return. It was great. I recommend it highly!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Outing with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

La Tasca is a tapas restaurant - one of the best i have enjoyed. Variety of dishes is impressive - it is often difficult to make up one's mind, but should you decided later that you want to try another dish, the service is fast and excellent, so one need not wait long to sample yet another delicacy. Our guests were enchanted with La Tasca and are already planning to return to sample some of the dishes we didn't get too!

Visited June 2013
“Love the ambience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

A small group of my girlfriends and I had dinner here. It's located in downtown Arlington Heights. Street parking was scarce, but we got lucky after driving around for about 15 minutes. We were led to the dining area of the restaurant, which was cozy and kind of romantic. The front of the restaurant was very lively. As we walked out after dinner, we saw a live band...would definitely need to come back for that!

The food was good. We ordered 5 or 6 tapas and 2 pitchers of red sangria. The sangria was good. Pretty tasty, nothing extravagant. The tapas were flavorful enough; satisfying, though I think it was overpriced.

No complaints on the service. Front of the house hosts were friendly and the server was hospitable.

• Visited April 2013