“Another Great Meal and Super Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Jamaican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Another Great Meal and Super Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Ha a small business dinner at Toscana last night and as always it was perfect. Morat the owener greated us and Vanya was our server. you would think you were downtown Chicago with their professionalism and friendlyness.
The Salmon Basillica I hasd was perfect as was the wine Morat recommended.

• Visited November 2012

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Great Overall Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have been to Toscana several times and have always enjoyed the food, service, ambiance and reasonable prices. Don't be fooled by the shabby strip center location as once you walk in, you see a nicely decorated interior with painted walls that bring warmth and charm to the atmosphere. Especially good was the white fish siciliana special that my wife ordered. I typically find white fish dishes to be bland. However, the flavor was outstanding. Also outstanding was the canoli dip dessert. I cannot remember having a better dessert and at $4.99 typifies the outstanding value through out the menu. Because of the wait time, although they do take reservations, my wife and I sat at the bar to wait and have a drink and decided to have our dinner at the bar which turned into a special treat. The bartender/ waitress (Greta) was beyond belief. Just watching her efficiently work and handle drinks for the entire restaurant, bar and the people waiting was amazing in addition to serving as waitress for several people like ourselves who were eating at the bar. Our service and overall experience was so good that I left a 25% tip. Finally, this is a restaurant with a very positive vibe with owners who are engaging with the customers, with great servers and with customers who are enjoying a great overall experience.

• Visited October 2012
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
“Teriffic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I have been to this restaurant multiple times and keep going back. We have brought friends there and no one has ever had a bad meal... food is outstanding and the wait staff is wonderful, fun, knowledgable, and very helpful. I hosted our Christmas dinner for work with 18 employees, they all raved about it, just can't say enough about this restaurant. The only downside is that it can be noisy if very crowded.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
“Homemade Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Toscana Restaurant & Lounge tonight. We started with the Calamari Fritti. It was served hot, was lightly breaded and not at all chewy. The sauce was a little sweet for my taste, but that is a minor concern. We both had the Minestrone soup. The broth was lighter than most that I’ve had, but it was flavorful and I enjoyed it. I ordered a side Caesar salad, which had some Arugula in it. The dressing was billed as homemade, and it tasted the part. For our entrees we both chose Veal Parmigiana. That was the highlight of the meal for me. The veal was thin, but not overpowered by the breading. It was crisp with a nice tomato sauce, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only thing that I would change was the bread, because I prefer a harder crust, but again that is personal preference. I grew up in an Italian family, so I have high standards, and Toscana measured up.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Anchorage, Alaska
“We had a wonderful meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We read about Toscana on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. The food was was very good. Service was fast and efficient. The place is small and was busy, but we were set quickly. We highly recommend Toscana.

• Visited August 2012