“Amazing food and friendly service!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ttowa specializes in Korean dumplings, complimented by homemade dipping sauces. We’re a family owned restaurant with over 14 years in the restaurant business. We’re the previous owners of Ttowa Dumpling House in Morton Grove, IL. Come visit our *new* location in the downtown Arlington Heights area.
“Amazing food and friendly service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

The spicy hamachi roll is to die for! Definitely the best sushi in Arlington Heights and the owner could not be nicer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

illinois
“WOW !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

My sister in-law is Korean and it was her birthday. I told her to pick anywhere to go to lunch and she picked Ttowa. I have been to Korea, but have had limited opportunities to eat REAL and DELICIOUS Korean food. This place was amazing.

The staff was welcoming and let us pick out our own table. Water was poured from cool old fashioned bottles and refreshed through lunch. The menu offered very limited descriptions of each meal. I wasn't sure what to have so my sister in law ordered us dumplings to start, a rice bowl for me and New Years Soup for her. The dumplings were so fresh. 5 side dishes to share were offered as well, kim chi, radish, spinach, cucumber salad and bean sprout salad - all SO good! The rice bowl was so beautifully presented I just wanted to look at it not eat it - it was huge and full of fresh veggies (many more then listed on the menu), rice, bbq beef, with an egg on top. The New Years Soup was a very generous size. They brought us a complimentary green tea ice cream to share for her birthday too! Everything was so fresh, delicious and well made.

The restaurant is tucked down Wing Street across from the Jewel. The bill was just over $23 for 2 of us. I can't wait to take my entire family back to enjoy a fantastic night out. Why order boring Chinese when you can go HERE!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“authentic food in a nice, relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My partner and I ate lunch here in May, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Ttowa is small (perhaps seating 30?) and seems family-owned and operated. There was a good mix of Korean diners with other nationalities. At the far end was a bar where food was being served by a chef, with a flat-screen tv on the wall.

We ordered both friend and steamed dumplings for an appetizer, both of which were flawlessly executed and bursting with flavor. We then shared a large rice bowl with beef - I thought the beef was well-flavored but slightly on the dry side, but the rest of the items in the meal were outstanding. Our waitress was very helpful with the menu, and the whole dining experience was very inviting. I would definitely return for lunch in the future.

• Visited May 2011