“Unforgettable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Davie School Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anna
The Davie School Inn
You added The Davie School Inn to your Saves list
300 Freeman Street, Anna, IL 62906   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Anna B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Davie School is an amazing place in an adorable town. I stayed there overnight a year ago in the Gold Suite and my wonderful future husband proposed to me that night in that very room. In just a short while, we will be honeymooning again in that beautiful suite. Gary is an amazing cook with lots of knowledge about the area. Can't wait to be back there this summer!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have stayed at Davie Scool Inn 3 times now and it is always great! Pink room is wonderful and we just stayed in the Brown room in March. Each room is very unique! The owners are also great, always wanting to accomodate you. They also can reccomend great places to eat and any entertainment in the area. We love supporting small business and would highly recommend Davie School Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned home from a wonderful two day trip down to Anna. This was our third time staying at the Davie School Inn. Gary is a fabulous host, full of stories, great recommendations, and amazing cooking skills to boot (we had quail for breakfast!) Staying at the inn is always the highlight of our trip down south and we look forward to staying in our suite after each day. He makes us feel right at home and always makes the trip a little more special. The inn is comfortable, cozy, and full of things to make your stay memorable--wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. We walk away missing it every time! Thanks Gary :)

Room Tip: We like staying in the Blue Room, because it's where we first stayed and it is special to us. B...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Germantown Hills, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay, where we met my high school best friend and her husband. It was a remarkable place to stay. Gary, the innkeeper, was a fabulous host. He immediately made us feel at home, and suggested places for us to eat dinner (both places had wonderful food) and asked us what our plans were for the weekend. He then suggested places for my friend and I to go (we wanted to check out antique stores), while our husbands spent the afternoon relaxing and watching basketball. Because I am a pink freak, I quickly claimed the "pink room" (it isn't overly pink). It happened to also have a Tempurpedic mattress, which my husband was wanting to try. It was the perfect room for the four of us to relax in after our dinner, as it had lots of sitting room where we could catch up with each other. Our friends stayed in the yellow room, which was perfect for the four of us to have breakfast together, of which Gary brought to our room in the morning. The breakfasts Gary fixed were marvelous and plenty of food for the four of us. For all that we got with the room, the prices were very reasonable. Hopefully, we will be able to return very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BetterWay2Stay, Owner at The Davie School Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! It was so nice to meet all of you! Come See us again sometime!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just returned from a delightful stay at the Davie School Inn and I hope it will be one of many. My best friend from high school and I decided to meet for a fun weekend to celebrate our 42nd year of friendship. Thanks to the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose Davie School. I loved to play school when I was little girl and the promise of writing on an old-fashioned black board was impossible to resist! It was the perfect setting for our reunion. While our husbands enjoyed watching the NCAA tourneys in the cozy living area of the Pink Room, my friend and I enjoyed antique shopping paradise in Cape Girardeau. Gary's breakfasts were huge and delicious. The high thread count sheets were a pleasant surprise. The towels were pristine and just the right amount of fluffiness. Best of all, the entire building was clean as a pin. My husband and I stayed in the Yellow Room because the Blue Room was unavailable and my friend called dibs on the Pink Room. The Yellow Room would be perfect for a family or a group of ladies who want to save pennies on their lodging so they will have more to spend at the antique shops or on the wine trail. Gary has the gift for connecting with his guests while at the same time giving them their space and privacy. It is a great value and a wonderful place to create memories.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely. Keep in mind that it is a circa 1910 schoolhouse and there are stairs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I want to go back today! You cannot beat the enormous rooms, the outstanding service (thanks Gary), the uniqueness (great attention to detail in the rooms) and delicious breakfast. Gary and his family did a wonderful job remodeling this old school house. I am looking forward to my return trip to see the gym redone (either as a brewery or new rooms). See ya next year!

Room Tip: The owners took us on a tour of all the rooms and there is no bad room. They are all cute and unique...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BetterWay2Stay, Owner at The Davie School Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! Your pictures you posted are great!! Thanks again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This was our third stay at the Davie School Inn and we've already booked next year's stay. You can't beat the rooms, breakfast and friendly service that we've enjoyed here each and every time. The innkeeper Gary is always ready with suggestions for great places to visit, eat at or, our personal favorite, trails to hike/areas to explore. The rooms are above and beyond spacious and clean. The breakfast is gourmet in our humble opinion. What can we say - we love this place and always recommend it to those who are looking for a great getaway.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Davie School Inn? Share your experiences!