“Yet another AMAZING visit to this Spectacular place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Davie School Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anna
The Davie School Inn
You added The Davie School Inn to your Saves list
300 Freeman Street, Anna, IL 62906   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Anna B&B and Inns
Festus, Missouri
“Yet another AMAZING visit to this Spectacular place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Now my fourth time visiting...and I am already trying to plan the next weekend. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- time and time over -- there are not enough nice things to say about Gary and Andrea and their amazing Inn! We took some new friends this time and they were pretty skeptical since we had talked So Highly about Davie School...and upon leaving they said we hadn't done it justice. Amazing Place - Superb Breakfast - Wonderful Owners - FIVE STARS All Around!! Book your stay now!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

The Davie School Inn is a very unique bed and breakfast that has become one of my favorite places to visit. I have stayed there 4 times and each time is just as fabulous as the last. The school is 100 years old and has been kept in immaculate condition. The rooms are spotless and all of the needed amenities are provided. I have stayed in 4 of 12 suites and have never had an issue. The owners Gary and Andrea go above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. They are one of the factors that make Davie School Inn such an amazing place to stay. The breakfast is perhaps one of the best breakfasts that I have ever eaten. The food arrives hot and fresh to your room at a time that you have scheduled and the portions are very generous. If ever in the area I HIGHLY recommend the Davie School Inn, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last night, the night after our wedding. We had stayed a couple times before a few years back. This time, we chose the gold suite. All I can say is WOW! That bathtub is AMAZING! We probably soaked for over and hour. When we arrived it was late on Sunday evening and Gary made sure we knew what was open in the area for dinner. Our car broke down in Cobden at The Palace Pizzeria. He picked us up at 9:30, drove us back to the inn, recommended a mechanic and even offered to drive us home if need be. Breakfast was amazing, as always and the suite was better than I had imagined! We will definitely be back for our one year anniversary, if not sooner!

• Stayed March 2011
Fulton, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011 via mobile

I have always been a late sleeper but I love breakfast. Usually this causes problems. There have been many morning I've slid into the lobby of a hotel yelling, "leave that doughnut for me!", just as they were putting away the continental breakfast items. I tell you this to let you know why I've stayed away from the whole "bed and breakfast" scene. I envisioned someone pounding on my door at the crack of dawn or, even worse, making me sit at a giant table full of strangers while I adjusted my robe to cover my Tinkerbell pj's. Happily- nothing could be further from the truth! From the moment my dear Hubby and I arrived at Davie School Inn we were at ease. Check-in was smooth. The Gold Suite was a masterpiece with it's beautiful decorations and giant whirlpool tub. The history of the school house was preserved and shines through without being intrusive. We arranged for breakfast and wallowed in the luxury for quite some time before dragging ourselves away to sight see. At nine the next morning, Gary arrived at our door with a polite knock and some of the best food I've ever had. We ate right there in our suite. No one cared that I still had "bed head" or that Tinkerbell was peeking out of my robe! It was a wonderful experience that we hope to have again and share with friends and family!

• Stayed February 2011
Festus, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

One Word...Amazing! I have now been to the Davie School Inn 3 times and the majority of the reason we have begun to frequent the Shawnee Wine Trail is because of Gary and his spectacular place! I love that if my husband and I go alone, we can have breakfast in our room and not be forced to make conversation with people we've never met. However, when there is a large group (we've had as many as 13) we can all meet on the landing and have breakfast in our pajama's and start the day with great fun and laughs.

Not only are the rooms unbelievably spacious and clean and the breakfast delicious (not to mention plentiful!) but the background we have learned from Gary on the town, the school and history of the area in general has been an awesome addition to an already wonderful visit.

On our most recent visit we took family who were in from New Hampshire -- big antique lovers. To visit such a historic building, filled with so many great antique items -- they were in Awe!

We initially went to Sountern Illinois for the wine trail...we continue to go back because of The Davie School Inn.

I would 100% recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Once you stop marveling at all of the thought and attention that has gone into this old building, you can go to bed in this quiet small town. When you get up in the morning, you are greeted by a homecooked breakfast which you ordered the night before and is ready at the time you had requested. Women love this place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I found the Davie School Inn a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and very cozy. The service was wonderful and the meals were fantastic. I would definately reccommend the Davie School Inn to anyone who wants a quiet weekend away from home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Davie School Inn? Share your experiences!