“Want sleep don't stay here” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay & Fly Special
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alsip
Wantage, United Kingdom
“Want sleep don't stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Overall the hotel is ok but it you need your sleep forget it from stag nights, weddings and young families babies crying forget it. Worst weekend I have ever spent in a hotel. Been here 10 days never again. I had been warned the second floor was noisy but this takes the ......

• Stayed June 2013
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I apologize for the delay with regards to my response; I was out of the office over this past week. I do sincerely apologize for our weekend guests, as stated many times we do staff up with security guards on the weekends to try and avoid these opportunities but obviously we fell short of curbing certain behavior during your stay. Please contact me directly at chias.gm@hilton.com and please provide me with your name and dates of stay so we can research and rectify this situation. Please place "Trip Advisor" review in the subject line with your name so I know the e-mail is not spam. Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Anaheim, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My company dragged me to Chicago for a software install and I really didn't want to be there. That said, my stay was quite comfortable. Friendly staff, very good food in dining room. Room was kept clean and fully functional. Cookie was warm and yummy. Skip the $5 bottle of Evian. Misssed final day wake-up call.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize for the delay with regards to my response; I was out of the office over this past week. Thank you for your review. I am glad that we were able to make an unexpected trip enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again and appreciate your business. I will check into the wakeup call system.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Looks at though this hotel was another hotel first and the Hilton bought it out. They didn't do many upgrades to make it a Hilton Hotel. There was not a world pool in the pool area for adults. It was an average stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for bringing them up in your review as your feedback is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our goods, in the future, so that others do not share your experience.

DoubleTree is affiliated with the Hilton Brand and we do share many of the same standards but also have some items that help us stand out differently from them, as they do us, like our Cookie and CARE Culture. We decided when we renovated the pool and pool deck area to not include a whirlpool hot tub and am sorry that this was an incovnenience to you.

Thank you for your business and we do look forward to serving you in the future when you are in our area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Great service , courteous staff. Go visit Bryan in the bar/ restaurant for great service!! Will recommend the hotel & will stay again if I'm back in Chicago . Was really nice to have free shuttle to midway

• Stayed June 2013
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you utilized the shuttle and enjoyed our ambiance and bartender! We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again real soon.
Naperville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We came for a wedding over memorial day weekend. the room was a bit expensive but there wasn't anything else in the area. it was a nice place. I was saddened by finding out there were walnuts in the chocolate chip cookies because i was excited for one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and business. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the wedding. The trademark DoubleTree Cookie "Chippy" does have walnuts. I am also allergic to some nuts like almonds and hazelnuts. Next time you are here we are more than happy to offer you a piece of fruit as a welcoming gesture. Thanks again for your business!
State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Checked in to this Double Tree for business. Upon entering room, it was nice, it was clean, but it had a stale smoke smell. Also there was a hole in the carpet from a cigaretter burn. I don't smoke, but told the staff about the room because I signed a form claiming responsibility if the room was smoked in. Laura, the manager came out to speak to me and asked if I wanted to change rooms. Since it was my fourth hotel in four days, I chose not to switch rooms. She then asked if I would mind if she and maintenance (or house keeping) entered my room to inspect, while I went to the bar for a drink and appetizers. I did not mind at all, and Laura gave me coupons for two free drinks and two free appetizers for accomodating them. Very nice gesture.
My associate and I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was decent. The entire staff was friendly and kind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and business. We sincerely appreciate that you pointed out the deficiencies in the guestroom and immediately brought it to our attention for rectification. I am also comforted that our manager’s response to this opportunity was taken as a gesture of goodwill and made up for the opportunity. We never like to let a guest leave with a negative impression from their experience while our guest. All the best to you over the summer and we look forward to seeing you again!
Champaign, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff at this Doubletree was the best. From Miss Kay who checked us in and took the time to talk with the kids and make us feel welcome, to the housekeepers we passed in the hallway from time to time who stopped what they were doing long enough to say good morning, to the servers at breakfast who seemed truly eager to be serving us our oj and coffee. We were especially impressed with Bryan, the bartender. On Saturday night the lounge was packed with bands and other people from the Irish Fest and he was the only bartender working. That guy was slammed all night but kept right on going with a smile. As we moved from table to bar and back again he kept track of what were drinking, whose tab was whose and who had and empty glass that needed remedied. I don't know how he did it. He of course remembered us and our drinks the next night as well. I hope he is still there next year! Slainte, Bryan.
Moving on from the staff, the hotel was clean and comfortable and location was perfect for our needs. The pool was warm and bigger than most. Breakfast was great and I'd much prefer to pay a few bucks for this than to eat one of the free "continental breakfasts" at a lower end chain.
Is it too early to book our room now for next year's festival? ;)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wow I think you mentioned everyone in the hotel, and many thanks. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed the hotel and all our amenities. Thank you so much for pointing out all of our services and the value of our "Wake Up" DoubleTree by Hilton Breakfast Buffet. I have already shared your comments with our team members and management team. We hope that you arrived home safely and yes we will be here next year for the "Fest." If you want to forward me your information, yes, we can book your stay for next year. Please contact me at chias_gm@hilton.com, and please place "Trip Advisor Review" in the subject line so I know it is not spam. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again!!!!

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip? Share your experiences!