“The kids want to stay here again on our next trip to Chicago” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alsip
near Fort Wayne, Indiana
“The kids want to stay here again on our next trip to Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

We really enjoyed the Doubletree in Alsip, Illinois. There was plenty of free parking and they have some good "Park and Fly" deals for anyone flying out of Midway and taking their airport shuttle. The hotel was clean, beautiful and well-maintained. My little boy, who normally is mostly interested in the pool and the elevator, kept saying "this is really pretty" when we walked through the lobby area.
All the staff we met were friendly and helpful. The pool area was very nice, and offers longer hours of availability than some other hotels.The exercise area had quite a selection of equipment. It is worthwhile to get a room package that includes the breakfast, which is in the hotel's restaurant.
We would definitely stay here again when we are in this area. The hotel is in a quiet area of the suburbs, so the only drawback would be if someone didn't have a vehicle, there isn't really anything like shopping, restaurants etc. in walking distance. (We did have a good pizza and salad delivered to the room though.)

• Liked — The pool area. We wanted a hotel that was in a quiet area away from the traffic and noise of downtown Chicago.
  • Disliked — Stick to the main Interstate highways, it's much faster to and from downtown, (we made the mistake of taking smaller highways to get there).
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
DeWitt, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

We stayed here after a friend's recommendation. We needed to stay overnight before an early morning flight out of Midway. While this is approximately a 20 minute drive from airport it was much less expensive than using the closer Midway hotel groups for "Park and Fly". We were greeted at the check-in desk with warm delicious cookies and friendly faces. The rooms were clean and comfortable and service was exemplary. The phones were not working upon our arrival and a friendly maintenance man was there within 2 minutes of my request to fix them.
The shuttle driver that took us to airport was beyond great. On our ride to airport, I realized I had forgotten my purse in the room. I was absolutely panicked and told him when he dropped us all off at airport. He promptly drove me back to the hotel and waited while I ran in and found my purse and then rushed me back to the airport himself! We made our flight thanks to him!

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

Just enjoyed an excellent three night stay together with my wife. The 2 room suite on the Honors floor was large with a comfortable couch and very comfortable bed. The staff was friendly and provided outstanding service throughout our stay. The restaurant was pricey, but our dinner was outstanding. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard, but still good. The Business Center was readily available and serviceable, the indoor pool was very nice and the fitness center adequate. Room service was relatively quick and the food arrived hot. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, spacious suite, excellent restaurant, friendly and helpful staff, shopping and restaurants close by
  • Disliked — No view
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel several time over the last 5 years. It is an older property, built as a Holiday Inn, was later a Raddison. It's now a Doubletree and they have spent a great deal of money upgrading the entire property in recent years. I mostly stay here on business and it is very close to the corner of 295 and Cicero Ave. There is a nice restaurant and bar, and the room service is great. The staff is very attentive and welcoming. Their meeting rooms are also very good.

Internet is pay-per-use, which is not unusual for a Doubletree. Wifi is very limited. Be prepared to use a CAT 5 cable. Speed is very good.

There are a few other restaurants in driving distance (south on Cicero), however, if you're looking for night life, I'm not sure there is much in the Alsip area, which is rather industrial.

If anyone has seen any of the news segments on the Atlanta Fox station regarding hotel drinking glasses, be warned. This property failed my own glass test - suggesting maids are washing them in the bathroom sink rather than the kitchen's dishwasher. Yuck.

Overall, I feel very comfortable here and will definately stay here again in the future!

Stayed January 2008
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

We used this hotel as a park, stay and fly location in early December when we were flying out of Midway. Having known this hotel in some of it's earlier lives/names, I was skeptical. And I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice hotel it is.

Lobby was clean, if a little sparse. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful to us. Hallways were well lit and very clean and well kept. Our room was in great shape, good linens, new furniture/carpet/drapes.

We were able to leave our car in the general parking lot rather than some remote location which would announce that it was parked for a long time.

The airport shuttle was on time, took about 20 minutes door to door. Getting a ride back to the hotel was quite easy and fast. We'd use this hotel again, whether for park and fly or not.

• Stayed December 2007
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

I booked this hotel because it was close to my daughter's college (St Xavier). When I mentioned why I was visiting, they gave me a special discount, making the room under a $100/night. Nice!

The lobby was nice, as was the restaurant and lounge. The staff were extremely friendly and accomodating, allowing us to check in eary (and by early, I mean 9 am). The warm cookie was a great touch but it hardened quickly when it cooled.

The room was a little small but very nicly done. I loved the sweet sleeper beds with all the extra pillows and down bedding. I was also very pleased with the Neutrogena products in the bathroom. They supplied shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face wash and facial moisterizer. Yes! Even moisturizer! DT also supplied mouthwash and a shower cap.

The pool opens early and stays open late (6-11). I was there at 7am and had it to myself. The pool is large with plenty of umbrella tables and chairs for their guests. They supply their big fluffy towels so there is no need to bring your own.

Target, Kohl's, Applebee's and Best Buy are close by and easy to find.

I am planning to stay here everytime I visit my daughter on campus.

• Liked — Sweet Sleeper Beds & Amenities
  • Disliked — hotel layout
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

I have never written a hotel stay review before but intensionally came online today just to do this review of this Doubletree in Alsip - A wonderful experience because of the staff and especially the FREE shuttle bus service to & from the local business's, I did not have any transportation and I was there for a wedding so the need to get around I thought was going to be difficult, - Just having that free shuttle service and the helpful staff alone made this trip, my first to a Double Tree one of my best hotel stays. In particular I would like to thank the older door man & shuttle driver who was working Sunday night about 10PM (I believe he was Irish in nationality) he completely went out of his way to help myself and some of my friends who were not even guests and I greatly appreciate it - If I'm ever in the Chicago area let alone Alsip I will definitely try and stay at this same hotel again. Again thank you for a wonderful stay!!

• Liked — The free shuttle bus servive & friendly staff (and the cookies)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 2 in Oak Lawn
3.5 of 5 stars 395 reviews

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip? Share your experiences!