“horrible hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Alsip

Days Inn Alsip
You added Days Inn Alsip to your Saves list
Days Inn Alsip
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5150 West 127th Street, I-294 & Cicero Ave/127 Street, Alsip, IL 60308   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Alsip
Chicago
“horrible hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel and it was nasty. When we booked the room on the phone about three days before our stay, we told them we had an aarp card so we should get a 10% discount...we did not get it. When we got to the room the room was so hot it was like a sauna, and the control panel for the heat/air was missing so we basically were guessing on how to turn it off. There were no towels in the room, and no remote. The toilet ran all night, and the box spring on the bed was covered with black mold. Needless to say we will not stay there again.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

I stayed at the Days Inn for a wedding this past weekend. The wedding reception was at the Double Tree next door, so it was very convient to just walk to my cheaper hotel. My husband and I were very happy with our room at the Days Inn. When we first checked in, the heat in our room was not blowing. When we told the front desk, they immediately moved us to a room a few doors down without any problem. The new room was great. The shower is very nice and it is great and helpful to have the sink outside of the bathroom. It was very quiet and we slept well, which is not what we had heard from friends staying at the Doubletree. The only issues I had were that the breakfast was very minimal and there was not an ink pen in the room (not a huge deal, but when you need one....). While I have no plans to return to Alsip, I do think the Days Inn is a better hotel than what it seems to be getting ratings for.

• Liked — quiet rooms, nice shower, nice staff
  • Disliked — breakfast, lack of ink pen and paper
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

On our arrival the desk staff was totally indifferent. I was handed my key without being informed what room I was in, how to get to the room, or the fact that there was a free continental breakfast in the morning. The carpeting in the room was absolutely filthy. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and had many stains all around the sink area. The lampshades were full of burn holes and were literally hanging off the lamps. We went back down to the desk to request extra towels and a razor. We were told they were out of razors and that they didn't have any extra towels, we should check with housekeeping in the morning. The next morning we went down to the breakfast at 9 AM and there was nothing left and no one around to ask if there was any other food available. We then checked out. The person at the desk never spoke one word to me at check out...didn't even ask how our stay was. I won't be staying here again.

Sequim, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

We picked the Days Inn over the Doubletree because they had a handicapped room for my 90 year old dad. We needed two rooms and I asked for them to be adjoined, they said they did not have adjoining rooms but they would put us side by side.

When we checked in, he got the handicapped room and we got one around the corner about four rooms down. My dad's room was barely handicapped with bars in the shower and around the toilet.
The first night my dad used the john he ended up on the floor because one of the main bolts that hold the toilet seat on was missing. He spent about an hour on the floor before working his way up the wall and back to bed. When he called to tell them about it they said they would get around to fixing it. He also said that there was not slip protection in the shower, they suggested he go to Walmart and buy some (he can not drive). A handicapped shower with no slip guard, ya right. His TV did not work either and they did not and would not replace it. A handicapped room with no TV what is the guy to do?

We were stuck there for 4 nights because of our family reunion.
I would never stay there again. The price was not an issue and next time it will be the Doubletree or one of the other 3 motels in the area

• Liked — Location near freeway, easy on and off
  • Disliked — The breakfast area. Huge motel and 5 chairs around 2 tables. What a joke!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sequim, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

This was the recommended hotel for a wedding we were attending in Chicago. All the out-of-town relatives were staying at this hotel so it would have been awkward/rude to the bridal party to leave so we just stuck it out. This hotel was very inexpensive (@$65/night) and they cut all the corners to get it to this price.
1. Carpet worn to the pad. unsafe
2. No place to hang clothes
3. One small towel per guest
4. Barely working or no TV
5. Very old and beat up furniture and bathroom (BUT they were clean)
6. An advertised "Continental Breakfast" that was pretty bad and they should just drop altogether.

Two positives: the staff was nice and they had wireless internet in the lobby (not the rooms)

This is a "you get what you pay for" hotel. We referred to it as camping with an in-room shower. If you stay here for the savings I would recommend you use a KOA, sleep in your car, use their shower and save even more money.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — accomodations
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

I spent one night in a King, non-smoking room on the first floor. It was quiet and comfortable, and the price was definitely right. The bed was firm and warm, including a fitted sheet. The sink area was immaculate and the bathroom floor was too, thanks to the cleaning staff.
While the tub was very clean, the bathroom needed some upgrading. Someone screwed up the shuttle arrangements for the wedding that I was attending. It was mistakenly scheduled for next week-end. The young lady at check-in kept trying to tell me that it was next week-end while I kept telling her that it was definitely this week-end. The shuttle driver assured me that he would be able to deliver guests to both wedding receptions since they were both close by, and it did work out. However, it was an unnecessary stress for the parents of the groom.
The continental breakfast was minimal, but it was sufficient and the area was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. It was very close to the Interstate, maybe two minutes away.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Alsip? Share your experiences!