“Bad experience on wedding night!” 2 of 5 stars

Book in Advance & Save
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Addison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aurora, Illinois, United States
“Bad experience on wedding night!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I start by saying this, the hotel itself is descent for the price. My issue really is with their service. We planned to have our wedding guest stay at this location after our reception at Venutti's. We had over 30 rooms booked and with that the manager we had been working with threw in the use of the conference room for us to unwind in after the wedding reception. After our reception we went to check in only to find out that the receptionist on duty was refusing to let us and our guests into the conference room promised to us. He said we only had use of it until 10:30, which was b.s since our reception wasn't over until 12:30pm. This meant that we had to spend an hour of our wedding night arguing our point. They could not get ahold of the manager we had worked this out with. We didnt get what we were promised and hd to comprimise. The story goes on but it would take me forever to right. Service awful, rooms affordable and nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while here at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms and amenities themselves. However I'm sorry we fell short on the service end of your wedding. There was certainly some communication issues between myself and my staff which we have looked into and adjusted our polices to make sure these are not reoccurring problems for our guests. I am aware that a wedding can be one of the most important times in a person's life and I'm sorry we did not aid in furthering the specialness of your wedding day. All comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. I would like to assure you that this level of service is not typical of our staff and I'm again terribly sorry of the miscommunication that caused this issue. As always of our utmost importance to resolve issues a should you or anyone needs assistance in the future you may call me at my direct line 630-317-5050. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times and it is a nice clean and comfortable property. In general, I have had pleasant stays here. The front desk staff is always pleasant, and location is great. It's tucked away so it is a nice private, quiet property.

My complaint here is with management, who neglects to resolve issues. I booked a stay here through Expedia. The hotel made an error and charged my credit card for the stay instead of charging Expedia. I have called several times and left messages with the hotel staff and voicemail, because the manager Benjamin is never available. It's been a month now and there has been no corrective action by the hotel, and no response from Benjamin.

So the property is certainly worth staying at, just be aware of billing/charges and keep records. My problem is the hotel charged my card the day after my stay so I didn't have a chance to correct before I left.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while here at our hotel. We are sorry about the billing error. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. I hope all is well with your bank account and everything is corrected, but if not please contact me directly so we can get the issue resolved immediately. Again, we apologize and we certainly hope you give us another chance to provide a great hotel stay. I apologize if you have been unable to reach me however I have no record of your calls prior to this week. It is always of our utmost importance to resolve issues and I am saddened to hear the rate at which this was resolved should you Or anyone) needs assistance in the future you may call me at my direct line 630-317-5050.
Milan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for four nights. It's not too far of a drive into Chicago 30-45 mins. on an average day. We got lucky most of the time now that we know what peak times to avoid traffic. It was a good center point for other places we visited during our stay such as Brookfield Zoo and Glencoe Botanic Gardens.

The service here was amazing. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was very welcoming. The pool was clean. The breakfast was above average! We will definitely be staying here every time we come to the area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Park Forest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything seemed nice...BUT... We did have to wait for the desk clerk each time we approached the desk for something...he always seemed to be busy elsewhere. I came home with a few bed bug bites...first time I ever experienced this...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I'm sorry for your bad experience at our hotel. Upon learning of your complaints we had an outside company (Ecolab) come in and do a complete inspection of the room and surround areas that you stayed in. This professional company has assured us that we were and still are bedbug free. If you have any questions or other concerns please feel free to contact the hotel directly so that we can resolve any issues you have experienced during your stay. Thank you

Benjamin Martinez
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison IL
630.495.9511
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've stayed here before and will be back. It's hard to beat, except when it got so busy when I first tried to check in. The manager stayed in the back room for 15 or so minutes before helping out the front desk guy when 30 people showed up all at once. Other than that, it's hard to find fault with this Hampton. It is the standard layout, clean, hot water, good WiFi bandwidth, computers in the lobby, nice breakfast and an iHop out front if you want more.
Overall, I'm sure the manger is good, since everything is well run and in order. I just wish he had been quicker to help when the crowd swarmed the front desk. Entry is tricky. Access from behind the iHop parking lot. Drive through the iHop lot to reach the Hampton.

Room Tip: Entry is tricky. Access from behind the iHop parking lot. Drive through the iHop lot to reach the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa , Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I recently traveled to Chicago and stayed at this hotel for three nights. It's small but very inviting. I absolutely love Hampton Inn beds and bedding and I was not disappointed here. The hotel is located right next to Ihop and a movie theater and very near several popular restaurants like Culvers and Giordano's. The staff was very nice. I only had one issue and that was a little noise overhead in the morning. My room was changed and upgraded to a suite immediately. I always enjoy my stay with Hampton Inn and this experience was no exception. I would recommend this location for business or leisure travel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I was staying here on business, just a short one day trip. The breakfast was excellent, and the staff was also very helpful. The rooms were large, clean, and the free wifi was faster than most other hotels I had been at. The DirectTV in room was also very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Addison? Share your experiences!