“The Best Italian Food Around” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glendale Heights, Illinois
“The Best Italian Food Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant to dine at. The atmosphere is always comfortable and inviting. The service is always great with the waiter always adding tid-bits about the meals and specials. Everything is made fresh and made to order. The food is always amazing. The portions are large, with more than enough food and a take home box usually necessary. Overall this is the best italian food around.

• Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“The best Italian food for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'm Italian and I (hopefully...) know how Italian food has to be and I can assure you all that here you can find the real taste of Italy. Here you will have the same flavors that you can find in any restaurant in Italy. I just moved in USA with my family and we all agree (my wife and our kids) that we have found a place where to go from time to time when we want to "smell" a piece of Italy. The Bolognese sauce is the real one, like it should be when you order it, the pizza is great (for my taste, maybe the quantity of cheese is a bit too much but this is my taste and you can always ask to add more or less cheese basing on your preferences). Even the Risotto is really perfect and the owner is nice and friendly. If you're looking for a real Italian restaurant, this is the place for you (and I'm not a friend or a relative of the owner :-) )
P.S. The price is absolutely competitive, especially if you consider the quality of the food and do not forget the wine list, great and affordable

• Visited May 2013
“Repeat the Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Not always one to go to the same restaurant too often or refer because sometimes things aren't as good as they were.. Actually the next trip was better since I was able to talk more with the owner and discuss his background. Appears the partners used to work together and both have extensive backgrounds in food and wine. The knowledgeable combination resulted in my stopping before the holidays to a full parking lot and a very busy owner. Received a holiday drink and an excellent lunch-which I did not know they had. Assumed only dinner and the lunch was way more than I am used to eating so I brought home a carryout bag for the office the next day. Have been back for dinner since and very pleased with the scratch cooking.

• Visited October 2012
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Excellent food and service - traditional Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is for the Addison location - not the St. Charles. Went with a girlfriend for girls night dinner. Excellent service to detail, food was PERFECT. I wanted an appitizer of clams and they were willing to make a half order for me. Best ever! Wine selection was great. Quiet atmosphere but go early for that as they were completely full by the time we left. Wanted a veal dish not on the menu but seen as a special and the chef was willing and able to prepare it - Excellent! My friend had Gnochli that melted in your mouth - definitely home-made. The vodka sause was perfect.
Service had every attention to detail. Highly recommend. However - be warned - this is for the Addision location, we have not had the same experience at the St. Charles location.

• Visited November 2012
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Has to be the best Italian food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

On our recent visit to Chicago, friends of ours treated us to dinner at Nuova Italia. When I say that, I truly meant that it was a treat! First off, I must say that it was a Friday night and I expected a long wait. Our friends did make a reservation, but we were seated and attended to immediately. We enjoyed a leisurely evening with drinks, wine with dinner, then dessert. Everything that touched my lips was superb! The rigatoni dinner I ordered came recommended by our server, Dave, but not without first quizzing me about my personal preferences. As it turns out, it was amazingly hot for a pasta dish, most tasty, and quite a generous portion! Following our meal, we were even offered a Limoncello liqueur "on the house" and Dave agreed to take a picture of us with our friends. If you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere, exquisite Italian food, and excellent service in Chicago, don't miss Nuova Italia!

• Visited October 2012