“One of the best beaches. A must when in Oahu.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 245 Attractions in Oahu
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Activities: Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular surfing area located on the North Shore of Oahu.
Bakersfield, California
5 attraction reviews
“One of the best beaches. A must when in Oahu.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great beach with very good snorkeling. Of course there is the cliff jumping and the wonderful sand and long beach. Overall great place for family fun. Parking can be a bit of a problem, but for $10 you can park across the street and you can walk about 1 block and problem solved.

Visited July 2014

“Sea Turtles and Dolphins spotted here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This beach is beautiful! One of the best beaches in Oahu. It was way too hot when we visited North Shore and also windy. The wind broke our umbrella that day, otherwise I'd give it 4 stars! Lol!

I recommend that you bring an umbrella or tent to enjoy your day longer. Cliff jumpers had a blast. My cousins and I used our floaters, life jackets and boogie board to go out in the ocean a bit deeper. Snorkeling gear is a necessity because we spotted sea turtles by the shore and the water was clear!

Later in the afternoon we spotted spinner dolphins! It was truly a magical experience. We swam in the ocean for hours because the water was warm and ridiculously clear!

Rotorua District, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Waimea and Pipeline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Awesome, beach was beautiful, sand was hot, water was delicious. Parking can be a problem but patience is a virtue. Was a highlight for us and the cliff jumping was awesome!

Brazil
18 attraction reviews
“Best beach in Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Waimea is by far the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The BEST in Oahu. I went there on June, so the water was pristine, warm, super blue, amazing!!!!!!!

Visited June 2014
Wahiawa, Hawaii
“"DO NOT JUMP FROM ROCKS"?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Some Cali tourist wrote not to jump from the rocks because her and her son hit bottom with approx 8-9' depth. Im here to say that you are missing out if you don't jump from the rocks. First of all my stats...Im 6'2" and 230 lbs. I did not hit bottom. there are different places on the rock to jump from and different heights. But my point is choose a spot that is good. If you don't know just watch a few people go and you will see first hand a good spot. It is a great rush and a lot of fun. if you jump from the right spot and watch the swells it can be up to 15' deep where you jump from. I will say whoever wrote that you shouldn't also shouldn't have done it because they just weren't smart about it. As far as the tunnels go i do not suggest those. either have gear to do it with or don't do it at all. this is my favorite beach on the island and although i rather not suggest it loading it with tourists its amazing. not a lot of parking which is great but if you are a tourist please get away from Waikiki and visit the north shore. Just the drive alone is better than Waikiki. If you just staying in Waikiki you might as well just go to a water park and a mall where you are. Just stay our of the water in the winter on the north shore. I don't care how "Strong" of a swimmer you think you are you do not know the breaks, currents, reefs, or how to deal with the HUGE waves.