“Good food and fun for the family!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations
Valparaiso
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and fun for the family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our family of five really enjoyed the Slappy Cakes experience and the food was good too! It was bit expensive for pancakes - but everything in Hawaii tends to be on that side. Price was the only reason I didn't rate as 5 stars.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Enjoyable breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our breakfast at Slappy Cakes was very enjoyable! We were staying at the Honua Kai across the road so our first morning in Maui we ate here. Our teens enjoyed making their own pancakes, it was nice after arrived very late the night before and being mildly jet-lagged :) My banana bread french toast was delicious but definitely sweet and by no means a "healthy" breakfast, but I guess that's what vacation is for! Our services was good and the place is clean and well maintained. I wasn't crazy about the prices at all; we paid $80 for a family of four....too much for pancake batter in squeeze bottle...really!? But that said, everything was tasty and we had a nice experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
montreal
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great option to be able to make your own or opt out and have them made for you. I went 2 different times. First I had the blueberry buttermilk pancake. They lacked in blueberries but delicious. Not enough fruit for my taste. The next time I tried the banana and that was awesome!! Great coffee and atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kaneohe, Hawaii
“Fun experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our kids 4 & 6 loved making their own creations and guessing while we made ours. We saved a bit of $ by not adding any toppings to the pancakes and ordering one big meal to share. We were there a long time, just having fun. It's a little pricey, but a unique experience that the kids talked about later.

Visited July 2014
“Great food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Only gave it 3 stars because of poor hostess and poor server, bartender and food were awesome. Daughter totally enjoyed making pancakes and wife and I enjoyed our food. Hostess claimed she called our name, when we were 20 feet away from here at the bar with load music playing, then had an attitude that I would have walked out if my daughter was not with us. Then the server must have received a report on us as she had the worst attitude I've ever had from a server. We had to get the other servers to help at times.

• Visited July 2014