“Extremely slow and horrible service!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #224 of 296 things to do in Maui
Activities: Drinking, Nightlife
A TripAdvisor Member
“Extremely slow and horrible service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2003

I have always enjoyed BJ's at OTHER locations, but the Maui site is very different. My wife and I were the first seated when they opened for lunch (11:10 ... they opened late). We waited patiently for 45 minutes and were then told that our lunch would be right out. Ten minutes later we were told that the order wasn't even to the kitchen yet. Fifteen minutes later we asked for the manager. After waiting an hour and ten minutes my wife beyond angry, the manager's only comment was we could either wait a while longer or leave.We left. This place seems to think they don't have to worry about repeat business, so if the service sucks... IT'S OK.Avoid the frusteration and dine somewhere else.

A TripAdvisor Member
“I rate this place--Needs Improvement”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2003

This place is a tourist trap. All the pizza is the same. Our pizza had 2 toppings: meatball & mushroom. You would expect meatball to look like meatball. When we asked the waitress if we got the wrong order, she looked at the pizza and said we got the right order. Their meatball is more like ground beef. How is that "meatball"?!?! We observed other patrons as they received their pizza. A few looked around to see if all the others are the same or if they received the wrong order. If I wanted this kind of pizza, I would have gone to Pizza Hut 2 min away. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere is lively with live performance but the food isn't worth it.