“Highlight of my trip!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Molokini and Kealewai Snorkel Cruise
Ranked #83 of 313 things to do in Maui
Activities: Snorkeling, Scuba diving
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Calgary, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Highlight of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Taking a boat out to the crater was amazing!!! I was blown away by colorful reef and all the assortment of fish that were swimming there. Absolutely beautiful. We got to snorkel there for quite a bit then on our way back to shore, we stopped halfway through to watch sea turtles and we saw a family of 3 including a baby turtle right underneath us. One of them swam up right by me, it was amazing to see! Definitely a worthwile

Visited June 2012

Bridgton, Maine
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Interesting but not outstanding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The seas were very rough but the crater was pretty calm so after a wild ride out, it felt good to be in flat waters. The reef and water clarity were good. We saw a variety of fish but no great numbers. This trip was like Maui - right at the point of being over used. If development continues here, Molokini and the rest of the island will be a big human zoo.

Visited March 2013
louisiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The best crew ever through the pacific whale foundation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

If we would not have the greatest crew there is no way I would have been able to snorkel at the Molokini Crater. I can't remember the boat but we booked with NCL Pride of America as a shore excursion and the crew is with the Pacific Whale Foundation. I can remember, Jessica, Weldon, (it may have been the Odyessy, but not sure) We did the excursion morning of Sunday, February 24th. Now I can't wait to snorkel again.

Winnipeg, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Meh.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was probably the biggest disappointments of our trip. There was a lot of hype leading up to it. We went on the Frogman boat, booked through Boss Frogs, which also stopped at Turtle Town. I don't know if the weather had a lot to do with it, but the snorkeling was very poor. We saw maybe 3 different kinds of fish. The water was choppy but not that bad. There were WAAAY too many people there and I kept getting kicked or cut off. Then on to Turtle Town - another let down. The water was calm and clear and we saw 2 turtles. There were way more of them on the little beach in front of our condo!! If you do decide to go, don't go with Frogman - the boat was overcrowded, lots of people standing and lunch was a cold cut sandwich and some chips - the other boats around us were BBQing! Very disappointing.

Somerville, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Used Trade Winds II to go there and back. The snorkeling was fantastic - lots of fish and clearest waters I've ever seen.

Visited February 2013

Been to Molokini Crater? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Molokini Crater, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.