“The highlight of our trip in my eyes :)” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Morgantown, West Virginia
“The highlight of our trip in my eyes :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Riding at Lahaina Stables is a must when you are in Maui! We were on the sunset ride and it was perfect. I love riding horseback and the views from the trail were some of the best I've seen. Definitely will book again when we go back! Thanks to Ray and Amy for such a nice time!

Visited January 2011

Red Deer, Canada
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

This is where you get amazing and very friendly tour guides. Spectacular facilities and the horses are extremely safe and very well mannered. Also, the horses are well looked after. Sunset ride, beginner, advanced, intermediate they have it all. Great lunch included amazing sights :)

7 attraction reviews
“A lot of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

The horses were amazing—mellow but at the same time fast and strong. The guides were nice. This is a good ride for beginning and intermediate riders. It might be a bit tame for highly experienced riders, but it’s still a great value and a fun outing for all ages.

Topeka, Kansas
17 attraction reviews
“Great View. Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

We choose Lahaina Stables for a trail ride because it was close to the hotel where we were staying. The Stables are easy to find, located just south of Lahaina. The view from the ranch house is spectacular. My husband and I love trail riding as an activity during vacation, but do not consider ourselves to be experienced riders. My husband was assigned a lovely horse named "Shaka." I got to ride "Freida," a big gentle soul that liked to nip the butt of the horse in front of her.

The 2 staff that went on our trail ride were friendly and helpful. One staff took the more experienced riders on a short gallop when requested, while the other staff stayed with us less experienced riders. They gave us helpful riding tips as we were heading down the trail.

We followed a trail up the west coast mountain range. The guides pointed out agricultural activities and explained the history of the area. Halfway thru the ride, we stopped for snacks and water for the horses at a big reservoir. Riding back down the mountain was truly an experience with the view from that high part of the island.

Scarborough, Maine
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

The horses were well trained and the experienced wrangler - guide was not only nice, but also very knowledgeable, entertaining and informative. I enjoyed learning about Hawaiian history as I observed spectacular views of the mountains and the ocean.
I would definitely do it again!