“Pink Palace” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 51 hotels in Maui
Vancouver, Canada
“Pink Palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Although its a big pink tower, I really enjoyed it there. We stayed there by trading points from a timeshare my parents own. We knew the top floors had been renovated, so upon check-in we wanted to ensure we got an ocean view in a renovated rooms. However, they are renovating all rooms floor by floor and I believe this should be completed in about a year. The rooms are great. Big, modern, clean. The bathroom is huge, the beds are comfortable and the kitchenette has all you need. We loved the pool area and happy hour. To get a discount off of some of our tours we attended a timeshare presentation. They say it will take 90 minutes but it took all morning but we saved $140 each off of a helicopter tour, so it was worth it in the end for me. I wouldn't mind owning a timeshare there but the maintenance fees were ridiculous. The location is great, lots to do in the area, close to Lahaina but you will need a car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Be prepared to be sold to wherever you go at this hotel. The hotel is interested in selling you a timeshare and will offer you discounts on tours and activities and free breakfast but you will need to endure presentations and heavy selling of timeshares. We travelled as a group of single women (age 30-40) and were told we'd receive a welcome pack, free breakfast and discounts if we visited concierge. From the moment concierge decided we weren't eligible for a timeshare, they couldn't wait to get rid of us - we got no welcome pack and apparently weren't able to get onto any tours either. They also seem to receive commission on certain activities as they tried to push us toward certain tours and activities. They also told us there was only one place that did massages despite there being several day spas at hotels nearby.
The rooms are spacious and very nice. The bathroom is huge and lovely and there is a good sized kitchen so you can save money making your own food (supermarket across the road).
The pool area is very nice (although a bit pink!) and they had girls and boys doing hula dancing as free entertainment. Shame about the men who attend the pool service desk. They were constantly trying to sell us Maui Jim sunglasses - very annoying and they're really over the top with it.
The restaurant/bar area is nice, with great meals. We found all the wait staff to be excellent - by far better than concierge and reception. The restaurant could do with a slight revamp as it is similar to the very popular Dukes restaurant nearly (which is packed) but not as modern.
It would be good to hire a car to travel a bit further out in Maui as you are a bit restricted to to the local shop and a few nearby hotels. The Westin Spa Helani nearby is excellent - I'd recommend the 50min lomi lomi massage - amazing and you get all day day spa access although it is pricey. Dukes Restaurant next door has a great atmosphere and great food.
Suggest booking activities, tours and restaurants in advance - they get packed out quickly.
Overall, it was a great hotel for the price but you need to be ready to let all the selling wash over you otherwise it'll just wind you up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Manager at Ka'anapali Beach Club, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
First of all, thank you for choosing Ka'anapali Beach Club for your visit to Hawaii and for sharing your experience.
Naturally, we are delighted to hear that the service experience delivered by our team received your appreciation.
In terms of your comments referring to the sales pressure you have experienced whilst on site -we would like to offer our apologies for any dissatisfaction this may have caused you and assure you that we do not advocate 'pushy' sales approach and encourage all guests who feel inconvenienced to contact our reception team. We hope to see you again soon and in the meantime, we wish you safe travels!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We came back to Maui and especially to this resort. We stayed here in Nov 2010 and had a good time but we wanted to see the whales this time. The resort is even better than last time and the staff are so pleasant and helpful. On the last day my wife was standing on the balcony looking out to the sea when she saw a whale breaching right in front of her eyes. We would love to go back again but living in the UK it means a very long journey, not to mention the cost of airfares !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Ka'anapali Beach Club, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We are very pleased to welcome you back to our resort and proud to be your first choice resort in the area. Our staff will be delighted to hear that you felt that they were very pleasant and helpful. We are thrilled that you were pleased with our improvements and that you fulfilled your goals of whale watching with your wife. We hope that your stay was a memorable one and that you will visit us again in the future!
Wallington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My parents had gotten a timeshare from a friend for their anniversary, and we decided to take a family trip back in June (March-April trip). As time progressed, I was able to acquire another room for a similar price for my girlfriend and I. First off, the grounds are very tidy, the building is not a "big pink monster" as some of these people say, it's not any less tasteful than any other 15-20 story building on a beautiful beach. The pool is great, they have a volleyball net in it, waterfalls, hot tubs, and even a kiddie pool. There's a little surf/snorkel shop between it and the beach so you can set up activities or just rent some gear for the day. I will say that the beach area is a bit limited especially during high tide, but who wants to just sit on the hotel beach when you're in beautiful Maui!?

Parking was free, and there was I think a $6 resort fee per day. The rooms were GORGEOUS and super spacious. The bathroom is enormous and it has a huge bathtub with separate enclosed stand-up shower and a little toilet room. Tiny standalone sink on one side, and a full vanity with additional sink for the misses on the other. The room had two 42" TVs of good quality (although the TV programming was severely lacking). One was in the bedroom, and the other was on the opposite side of the wall in the living room. The kitchen was small, but adequate, with a full fridge, full range of dishes, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, and in a cabinet we found a toaster and electric cooktop. When the bellhop brought us our bags, he said we were the first ones to be in the room after the new carpet was installed. It all looked and smelled brand new. We were on the 8th floor. My parents were on the 5th floor, and their room was identical (except for the carpet.) We had a good sized balcony with a partial ocean view to the North, overlooking Molokai. On clear mornings, it was breathtaking. Hotel staff cleaned the room once in the middle of our stay, which was sufficient. Sleeping was a breeze, the place was very, very quiet.

We booked a snorkel trip to Molokini through the concierge, and of course they had their "timeshare info session" discount, but we didn't take it. They didn't bother us about it again.

The food was good as well. Their buffet breakfast was $15 a person, and there was a custom omelette station where the guy was an absolute pro. Happy hour at the pool bar was good, but on all nights, it was pretty empty. There were some kids around, but not too many to be a nuisance. On nights, we either went to Lahaina or to a nearby restaurant like Duke's (which is fantastic but $$$$) and overall had a memorable time.

I would definitely recommend this property for any occasion!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
California Hot Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

By a freak mix up, we ended up here. Run down pink pyramid monster . Great rooms however..but Ocean View means partial Oceanview. 25$ resort fee a day unacceptable.. Plus they will try to charge you 25$ for towles !!! Go to the store & buy your own folks.
Pool great...Happy hour also good at bar. But there's a weird vibe because of the Timeshare thing & I got 2 weird phone calls from Las Vegas before I got there from Diamond Tesrts. Why bother ?? Stay somewhere more groovy..

• Stayed April 2013
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here with my husband using my parent's timeshare points as gift toward our honeymoon.
I came in without too high of expectations since timeshare properties can sometimes be pretty rundown. We were lucky to be assigned to the top floor, which had just undergone renovation. So the rooms looked brand new, clean and modern!
The building levels are open air--meaning you get the wonderful Hawaiian breeze blowing through (okay, sometimes the breeze is QUITE STRONG on the top floor) and magnificent views. I liked this much better than being in an enclosed hallway.
The pool area was nice--could be a bit crowded with kids but there was a hot tub and small water slide and a large pool. I usually don't bother with hotel pools but since this property, though a waterfront property, doesn't really have a REAL usable beach, I appreciated that they had a decent size pool area and did make a few visits.
I remember being welcomed warmly on arrival even though we were tired and probably looked disheveled and cranky.
The unit was spacious, comfortable, with a wonderful balcony. We had a deluxe ocean view and I enjoyed sitting outside (warning, the balconies are close together so if others are also outside, well--just hope they aren't the loud obnoxious types).
This building is also very close to the airport so you don't have a long commute on arrival and departure. I do wish it was a bit more convenient (walkable) to usable beaches, but alas we had to drive to get to those. It is a waterfront property but the stretch of sand is so narrow and sloped its really just better for walking on, I did see people put down a towel and lay there but its not for me, I'd want a REAL beach. As a nice walk by the ocean, it works. There are shared laundry facilities in the hallways--you may have a wait to use them. Overall, I'd stay here again, and I told my parents they should use their timeshare points for themselves and try this place out. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and amenities here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Ka'anapali Beach Club, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are really glad to know that you had such a lovely time here at Ka'anapali Beach Club and could relax and celebrate your honeymoon with us - we are delighted that you have chosen us as the destination to enjoy this special time. We hope that you and your family will be visiting us again and we are looking forward to hosting you. Thank you for your review!
Avondale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Since I have become an owner with Diamond Resorts, I have been completely spoiled whenever I go on vacation. Having a condo wherever you want to go in the world is a wonderful thing. Many have washers and dryers and full kitchens. This saves money on eating out and you can pack less too! For my Adventures in Maui tour I stayed at the fabulous Kaanapali Beach Club,follow nestled on the west side of the island on the Kaanapali Beach. This resort could not be missed as it is big and a soft pink coral color! We were told we would have a partial ocean view, but we had great views from all 4 sliding glass doors in the room. There was only a partial kitchen, but had a fridge, microwave and dishwasher. There was a tabletop skillet and BBQ grills right next to the beach. Plus the room has all the cookware and dinnerware you need to make your meals, even a blender! Who could beat watching whales play as you cook? the master bathroom with a nice deep tub that even had a retractable clothesline to hang your swimsuit and stuff that got wet at the beach! A separate shower and 2 sinks, this came in handy so the kids weren’t fighting over the sinks. The master bedroom overlooked the mini golf course. I loved leaving the door open at night and listening to the waves crash. The balcony wrapped around the room and was a great place to hang out, watch the whales or the sunrise. The second bedroom was a good size with it’s own bathroom. The beds throughout where very comfortable and I wanted to take a pillow home with me. The pull out couch was super comfy memory foam specially made for Diamond Resorts. It was close to being as comfortable as my Temperpedic at home.
Aloha #Kaanapali Beach Club @DiamondResorts #Adventures in Maui
April 9, 2013 By Jennifer 6 Comments (Edit)

Adventures in Maui

Since I have become an owner with Diamond Resortsfollow, I have been completely spoiled whenever I go on vacation. Having a condo wherever you want to go in the world is a wonderful thing. Many have washers and dryers and full kitchens. This saves money on eating out and you can pack less too!

Maui 381

For my Adventures in Maui tour I stayed at the fabulous Kaanapali Beach Club,follow nestled on the west side of the island on the Kaanapali Beachfollow. This resort could not be missed as it is big and a soft pink coral color!

Maui 013Maui 016

This is coming in the front door of our 2 bedroom condo and looking right out to the ocean. We were told we would have a partial ocean view, but we had great views from all 4 sliding glass doors in the room. There was only a partial kitchen, but had a fridge, microwave and dishwasher. There was a tabletop skillet and BBQ grills right next to the beach. Plus the room has all the cookware and dinnerware you need to make your meals, even a blender! Who could beat watching whales play as you cook?

Maui 011Maui 012

This is the master bathroom with a nice deep tub that even had a retractable clothesline to hang your swimsuit and stuff that got wet at the beach! A separate shower and 2 sinks, this came in handy so the kids weren’t fighting over the sinks.

Maui 014Maui 017

Maui 019

The second bedroom was a good size with it’s own bathroom. The beds throughout where very comfortable and I wanted to take a pillow home with me. The pull out couch was super comfy memory foam specially made for Diamond Resortsfollow. It was close to being as comfortable as my Temperpedic at home. With all of the Diamond Resorts I have been to they have scheduled activities, an activity room and even child care. There was tons to do in their activity room, Foosball, bowling, PlayStation 3 and more!! You don’t want to be stuck inside? I don’t blame you, you can pick up your golf clubs and head out for a round on Mini Golf! If the waves got to rough or you just wanted some fresh water, there were beautiful pools including a waterfall pool and a kids pool with a slide to enjoy! The grounds were beautiful, abundant with waterfalls and Koi ponds. The resort open to let the Hawaiian breeze bring in the fresh scent of all the plants and flowers growing everywhere. A few steps past the pool and you’re on the Kaanapali Beach with calm, warm waters and a turtle cleaning station not too far out. You can don your snorkel gear and head out to find Sea Turtles or if you’re lucky like we were they will be curious or wanting to play in the waves and come up closer to you while you are on the beach!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view and a remodeled room!