“A unique and worthwhile Lanai excursion.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 17 Outdoor Activities in Lanai
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the timeless landscapes of Lana'i on horseback. Explore wooded upland trails and hidden valleys – home to axis deer, pheasant, Mouflon sheep and turkey – and come upon magnificent vistas of neighboring islands. The Stables at Koele also offers enchanting horse-drawn carriage rides through Lana'i's picturesque upcountry.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A unique and worthwhile Lanai excursion.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

First of all, I am totally befuddled by anyone who claims thatntherenis nothing to do in Lanai! Are they crazy ? We recently spent two weeks there and had a blast. Diving, hiking, golf, trap shooting.....and perhaps our highlight....riding horses in the "up country" at the Koele stables. Our guide Cody was super informative, knowledgeable, and personable. He and his family are residents and he is an accomplished former rodeo competitor, as well as hunter, guide, and all-around nice guy. You can tell immediately at check in that Molly, Cody, et al are pros. They have excellent equipment and horses, and run a top notch service. I wouldn't go to Lanai and NOT do this, and my wife and I aren't really even avid horse people. But when else are you going to be able to ride on scenic bluffs, and through cool forests, on one of the most beautiful islands on the planet? Do it. You'll be glad you did.

Visited March 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must do activity in Lanai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had the besf experience by our tour guide Molly. She was fun, knowlegable and energentic! The horses were strong and healthy and the route was scenic! I strongly recommend it to everyone visiting Lanai! Req Molly and see how she rock with her cowgirl boots!!

phila, pa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“horsing around in lanai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Wonderful way to see some of the back country on this beautiful island. Pace was calm so if you are not experienced not to worry.Molly our guide kept a running commentary on the views and made the trip enjoyable. She also gave us local restaurant suggestions which were fabulous.
If you want a day away from the beach this is the way to go,

We booked directly through their web site which was less expensive than the price quoted at the lodge at koele
aloha

Visited March 2013
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day horseback ride with Molly. She was truly amazing and I cant stress enough how pleasant she is. Not to mention the stables were top notch extremely clean. The horse's are kept in perfect condition. If your looking to go horseback riding I wouldn't recommend any other place to go. The trails and views are out of this world. I was very nerve at first and Molly put me on the horse and before I knew it is was comfortable and enjoying the ride so much I didn't want it to end...even if I couldn't walk after words. Molly if you read this I sure hope you see that you made our Valentines Day to be amazing and one that we will never forget. We will be back!

Visited February 2013
“Hour well spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a break from the beach, and go for a private ride at the Stables at Koele. Our guide Cody treated us to a first class experience. He made sure we were comfortable with our mount, and tailored the instruction to our level of experience. Seen some scenic country, a few deer, and received some local knowledge about the island. It's a great retreat, and very enjoyable experience.