This resort was okay, but we would stay elsewhere next time for the following reasons:
1. No air conditioning! If you are a woman reading this, you understand what it's like to try to do your hair when it won't dry! Plus, no A/C means the windows have to be open at night, and you hear the noise from the other people at the resort, as well as the roosters crowing at 4am. Plus, depending on the wind direction, at times our bedroom was uncomfortably warm.
2. No onsite bar/grill/snack bar or place to pick up a few essentials. The grocery store is nearby, but it's just more convenient when these things are available. I'd never stay here with kids for this reason - I don't go on vacation to cook and run to the store. :)
We were in a unit that hasn't been remodeled, and it was still clean and nice and large. We did see the newer units and they were beautiful.
We found out from another traveler on the last night we were there that there is a "lending closet" of things you can borrow like beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. as well as a pantry where departing guests leave their spices and condiments for others to use. Makes perfect sense - I just wish they would've told us this upon check-in or at orientation.
We sat through the time-share presentation and they aren't pushy (we didn't buy) so if you want the incentives, you don't have to be afraid.
The staff was very helpful and kind.
For us, we will stay on the southern end of the island next time, to be nearer to more things to do. And we'll be sure we have air conditioning!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Wyndham Ka `Eo Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ka `Eo Kai Hotel Kauai
- Wyndham Ka `Eo Kai Kauai, Hawaii