“Don't believe all the "bad" reviews. This is a Wonderful place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ka `Eo Kai

You added Wyndham Ka `Eo Kai to your Saves list
Wyndham Ka `Eo Kai
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3970 Wyllie Road, Princeville, Kaua`i, HI, Kauai, HI 96722   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Sale - 30% Off
Ranked #62 of 84 Specialty Lodging in Kauai
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bothell, Washington
“Don't believe all the "bad" reviews. This is a Wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

When we got there the guest service agent at the front desk had the Aloha spirit we where looking for. You then get a flower lei and welcome package including a parking pass for your rental from the concierges desk. The front desk agent gave easy directions with a map to our room and where we could park. We stayed in 33A, a 1 bedroom suite on the ground floor. we had a view of the ocean and part of the golf course (one of the top 100 courses). It was really pretty. Our room was very well stocked with coffee, towels, soap etc. Very clean room & huge for 2 people. This was not even an updated room. Like another guest said Mauve counter tops aren't my thing but it goes with the neutral décor. A t.v. area with a couch/fold out bed, a bar area, L shaped kitchen with breakfast bar stools, washer/dryer, laundry soap for 2 loads supplied, king size bed in the bedroom (actually really comfortable). Ceiling fans in the bedroom & the common area. The bathroom was also very large with a stand up shower; benches for sitting if needed, was very nice for rinsing the salt water out of bathing suits etc. with plenty of towel bars for hanging wet towel/clothes. There were huge open windows/sliders to let the sun/trade winds in. I saw NO cockroaches or ants or any bugs for that matter.There are roosters all over the island they do make noise at all hours for no apparent reason but they never kept/woke us up. I am an early riser 5am, I usually woke the roosters up lol. The pool is great with the water fall. We used the concierges by the front desk (very helpful & treated you like friends not just another guest and super informative) to book the Luau Kalamaku (Most Awesome Luau we have seen) there where no problems. Later in the week we again went to the concierges and booked with "Blue Dolphin" boat tour, it takes you up around the Na pali cost to see Waimea canyon (Highly Recommended). We got to see Whales breach, a mantaray, dolphins swim in front of the boat & swim with a turtle, Super Exciting!! there is complimentary alcoholic beverages to be enjoyed, we don't drink but for those that do it is a great perk. Just a reminder: if it is raining when you wake up, it is an island & the sun is out somewhere start heading south. by the time you are headed back before 7:00pm you can catch a Gorgeous sunset a little north of Ka Eo Kai. All being said I would stay here again and again. Thank you So So much all the staff at Ka Eo Kai.

Room Tip: I suggest booking a 1 bedroom over the studio just for the space for one couple. if you can upgrade...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Who are these people with the bad reviews? I think we were at two entirely different places. We had one of the older units, and while yes, I am not really into mauve countertops, they were clean. The unit was well stocked, everyone was really nice, beds were comfy, good water pressure. Ok so there were some birds around, but they were charming! At one point I was at the front desk and another guest came in rather upset because she could not get a two bedroom (she had not asked for one initially and was on the waiting list - i know this because she was screaming). The front desk help were more than patient with her - more so than I, cause I wanted to slap her. It has a great location, beautiful grounds and a great pool. Out unit was directly behind the pool, but as it closes at sunsets we were not bothered by noise. I'd come back again!

Room Tip: 23 A is great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First let me start by saying the woman at the front desk at check in the evening of March 14,2013 was less then pleasant. We arrive around11:00 at night after a very long day of travel from PA. We had trouble understanding her directions to our room and had to return to ask her questions two times and she was quite rude to us saying to us it's a simple u turn I don't know why you are having trouble. The keys to the room would not open the door all three sets I mighty add. When I returned to the lobby for different keys the front doors were locked. Thank God Isaw a security officer who was a great help to us. He had the clerk open the door and got a different key which he finnally was able to open our door with after much difficulty on his part..

After a very miserable time checking in I must say things certainly improved the next day. We were invited to a welcome breakfast and everyone was so very helpful . We were given a map with great directions to everthing on the Island. Clara is simply the best.She helped us with choosing a luai. The women at the consierge desk were awesome and helpful.

I did ask for an upgraded room since I was traveling with my sibling. That never happened and I was rather disappointed about that.

Room Tip: make sure you have the right number of beds
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just returned yesterday. We had unit 7B, an upstairs unit, newly renovated. Clean, spacious, it had everything we needed for the five of us. No A/C as others have mentioned, I am extremely sensitive to heat but the breezes were wonderful. The reception desk and concierge were wonderful and provided answers and supplied any needs that we had. Wonderful place, wonderful island, and a wonderful time for all. Mahalo!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great location for north shore lovers. Located on the golf course. Walk to Princeville outdoor shopping mall. Beautiful, clean, updated condos with all household amenities provided. Very friendly staff. Quiet and serene garden atmosphere, two pools and an outdoor hot tub. Huge linai on each condo. Also has outdoor grills and outdoor dining areas. Activity planning on site.

Hints: 1) condo tours are high pressure sales events that you may not enjoy and take longer than advertised. 2) grocery shopping is less expensive in Hanalea 3) great latte and breakfast at the princeville mall 4) there is a hidden walking trail down to Annini beach from the property, safe for snorkeling and children. Wear good hiking shoes and pack light. 5) ENJOY!

• Stayed March 2013
Kelowna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

At first glance this resort comes across like one of the many time share units that are around.The reception area is pleasant,the staff courteous and professional,and you receive a lei as a special welcome. We had arranged to stay in a two bedroom unit and looked forward to a quick check- in after a trip from the mainland.We were taken aback by an overbearing smell of mold and must when we opened the door!
One of us experienced breathing problems after just a few minutes.We went back to the reception to report the problem.It seems that they are aware that there can be a problem and mentioned that it is probably due to rain and a lot of moisture.It has to be said to their credit,that the receptionist did a great job getting us accommodated in a neighboring property and sent somebody to show us the way,as it was a dark and rainy evening.

Room Tip: Check your suite for mold before you settle in!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethel, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at numerous Wyndham resorts and own two weeks - having just bought another week three months ago. Had I seen this unit before I bought, I would have ran not walked away. The room is decorated in tacky 80's tropical theme. The carpets are gross and have numerous rips and holds. The bathroom is a cavern of tile and not in a good way. I am afraid to get into the bed and I swear the mattress is older than I am. It is also as hard as a rock. This is the timeshare unit from hell that I vacationed in while I was 8 years old. I am sitting here willing my stay on Hawaii to be over as fast as it possibly can. I am also pretty sure that I am going to sleep in the rental van tonight. It will be much more comfortable. I did not expect to stay in such a dump. If anyone suggests this resort, calmly say no. If they continue to insist, just stay home.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Wyndham Ka `Eo Kai? Share your experiences!