“Good Candy, Buy Before The Tour Bus Hits” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Factory Tours, Shops
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A candy factory in Hilo.
Fremont, California
10 attraction reviews
“Good Candy, Buy Before The Tour Bus Hits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Every tine we go to the Big Island, we go to Hilo and get some candy that we don't normally find (e.g. chocolate with potato chip & macademia nut). Take your time to puruse the offerings. They provide sampes for selected candies, as well as Kona coffee sample. They are very delicious, a bit pricey, but definitely worth the visit. You can see the workers in the factory behind a glass wall making differnt types of candy; from decorating to baking to packaging. You may have to endure the rush of tourists from tour buses. When you see them come, pay for your merchanise and then stand back and wait for the rush to be over in 15 minutes.

Visited June 2013

Keaau, Hawaii
5 attraction reviews
“Not just a candy store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

When you walk thru the front door of Big Island Candies you are greeted with a smile and a sample of candy. Then you see a room full of color. Boxes and boxes pod beautifully wrapped candy and cookies. The boxes are works of art. Their candy factory is located unthreaded building with windows for you to watch.
I am a local and I enjoy my visits here as much as my guests do. Candies and cookies are quality products. A bit pricy but everything is here in Hawaii.
Located a bit off the beaten path between Manono and Kanoelehua but worth finding.

Visited April 2013
Gatineau, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“Who wouldn't like this”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were a tour group that stopped here. You can watch the production of the cookies, enjoy samples, or have ice cream. This place is a MUST STOP. Staff went out of there way for me when I wanted to taste something that wasn't out on the shelves. Delicious!!

Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
27 attraction reviews
“Must Stop Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

MUST STOP HERE!!
This place was on my itinerary when we visited the Big Island and I'm glad I had it on my list!

We got a box of their Kohala Assortment of chocolate covered brownies and the chocolate covered peanut bars. They're so addicting and the quality is definitely there! We also tried some of their shortbread samples which were fabulous as well. You can also peer through a glass window to view some of the workers making the candies. I noticed they had some other treats that were out of the ordinary like chocolate dipped squid (ika)...

Big Island Candies is one of my recommendations if you are ever on the Big Island and on the Hilo side!

Visited May 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
127 attraction reviews
“Good Candy...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Big Island Candies was our first stop of our all day Hawaii tour. It's near the Hilo airport and a convienent location to group everyone as the flights come in from the various islands. It's not a big store. When you first go in, they give you some samples and a small cup of Kona coffee. There a a viewing area on the back of the store where you see them dip and create the candies. I don't think I would make this a must stop but if your near the airport and have some spare time, stop in with the kids. They would enjoy it.

Visited February 2013